4. "Do yo think im insane?"

When they got to the halls, dinner was just starting. Kiley flung the door open with a breathless laugh. Severus jogged up behind her, panting from all the running.

“Ha-ha! I win!” she cried, poking him in the stomach.

“Yes, you win,” he panted, his breathe returning to him. He rubbed the spot where she had poked him and smiled. The people around them who had seen him smile gasped and nudged their friends. The smile disappeared as soon as it had came.

“Ah! I see our new student has arrived!” Dumbledore’s voice boomed from the teacher’s table. The chatter hushed immediately. Everyone turned to stare at Kiley.

Kiley smiled and waved a little bit. She scanned the crowd, hoping to find Harry. She found Draco first, whose mouth was open and still had food in it. She giggled as she saw his stunned expression, then continued to look. She found Harry at the other side of the room. He was smiling broadly, staring at her with adoration.

“Kiley, would you please come down and sit on the stool?” Dumbledore asked, getting up from behind the table and walking around it so he could stand in front of it.

Kiley nodded and began to walk down to the front with Severus trailing behind her. People started to whisper as they took in her appearance. More than a few boys wolf whistled at her as she made her way down. She noticed that more than a few girls gave her the death stare. Her cheeks grew redder as she made her way down.

“Class, this is Kiley Snape,” any whispering that had been going on stopped completely as they heard her last name. They looked from Severus, who was taking his seat at the table, to Kiley, who was standing beside Dumbledore, looking completely and utterly embarrassed. “As you well know, we always welcome any new student to the school by sorting them into their proper house. True, this case is a little different, because she will be taking all the classes the sixth years are taking, but we must sort her never-the-less.”

Kiley sat down on the stool, giddy with delight that her dream was finally coming true.

Dumbledore placed the hat on her head and it immediately started to speak.

“Ahh, yes, what have we here? A girl who has grown up around a great power. Yet, nothing like your, father,” he said the word with heavy sarcasm. “Hmm, brave, courageous that much is certain. Yet there is a dark power inside you. What will become of you I wonder? Will my choice be right? Slytherin or Gryffindor?” when the two houses heard there names, everyone in those houses where holding there breaths. Two very different people where hoping beyond hope that Kiley would be in there house.

Draco stared anxiously at Kiley, taking in her beauty and straining to here what the hat was saying.

Harry too was starring at her, hoping that she would be in Gryffindor.

GRYFFINDOR!!!!!!” the hat suddenly shrieked, rising off her head a little bit.

Draco and Severus where stunned. But, but her father is Lord Voldemort!!!! Draco cried silently. But, but I was in Slytherin!!! How could this happen?? Severus cried inwardly.

Harry and the rest of the Gryffindors where cheering wildly, Harry most of all.

Kiley jumped off the stool as soon as the hat was taken off her head and ran towards Harry. She knew from one of Draco’s many rants that he was in Gryffindor.

The people in Gryffindor saw who she wanted to sit by and immediately started to scoot down. She plopped down into the seat next to Harry breathlessly.

“Yes! You’re in Gryffindor!” Harry shouted, hugging her hard. The people around her where clapping her on the back and congratulating her.

When the noise died down and everyone started to go back to their meals, Harry introduced Kiley to all his friends. Before he could start though she stopped him.

“Can I guess?” she asked. Harry nodded and she pointed to the boy with flaming red hair. “You’re, Ronald Weasley, right?”

Ron nodded his head in wonder. How did she know that?
Next Kiley pointed to the girl with the bushy hair and a book next to her plate. “You’re Hermione, right?” Hermione nodded.

Kiley then proceeded to name anyone Luna had ever mentioned. After they all had nodded, Kiley sat back and smiled. Then her smile vanished. Luna!!! She would have to get her out later….

No sooner had she thought this, Luna burst through the door and ran into the Dining Hall. Kiley jumped up, startled to see her. She looked healthy and happy!!!! Kiley ran over to meet her half-way. She looked back briefly to see Harry staring at her with puzzlement. She lifted one finger up to show she’d be back in a minute. Harry nodded and turned back to his friends.

“Luna! Can I talk to you outside?!?” Kiley asked as soon as she met Luna. Luna nodded, her eyes bright and dreamy.

They both ran outside into the hallway.

“Luna!!” Kiley cried, hugging her friend. “How did you get out?!”

“He just let me out!” Luna said, hugging her back. “I don’t know why, he just did!”

“Well, I’m so excited that you are out!”

“Me, too!”

“Luna, can you ever forgive me?” Kiley asked, holding Luna’s hands in hers.

“There is no need! I already forgave you.” Luna said, her eyes glazing over.

Kiley smiled. She knew that look. Luna wanted pudding.

“Now, can we go back inside? I want some of that pudding.” Luna said.

“You can, and can you tell Harry to come meet me out here?”

Luna nodded and skipped back into the Dining Hall. She leaned against the wall, smiling happily. Everything was turning out right. Everything was as it should be. She was going to Hogwarts; everyone she cared about was safe and sound. She had found true love. Now, if only Severus where her real father…..

“Kiley, Baby!” Draco broke her happy thoughts. “Why didn’t you tell me you where coming to Hogwarts?” he walked up to her and placed both his hands on the wall behind her.

“I just found out myself,” she said, drawing up the courage she needed.

“Well, I am very, very glad that you’re coming to Hogwarts,” Draco purred.

“Draco, I need to talk to you,” she said, looking uneasily at the hungry look in his eyes. She recognized that look, and she knew needed to act fast.

“What about, baby?” Draco asked, one of his hands coming off the wall and starting to stroke her side.

“Well, it’s about us,”

Draco stopped stroking her side, a look of alarm flitting over his face.

“What do you mean? Are you breaking up with me?”

Kiley sucked in a giant breathe of air, “Yes, I am.”

“What? Why!??!” Draco cried.

“Well, I’ve kinda found someone else…”

“You’ve…… found….. someone…. Else?” Draco asked, obviously pained.

“Yes…..” Kiley said, her unease growing as Draco’s face darkened.

“Who is it?” he asked, venom coating his words.

Kiley shuddered, wondering if it would be a good idea to tell him who it was. She didn’t want there to be a duel in the middle of Dinner.

“I don’t feel the need to tell you, Draco.” She said, choosing her words carefully.

“It’s one of the other Death Eaters, isn’t it?” Draco growled.

“No, he’s not a Death Eater,” definably NOT a Death Eater.

“Well, whoever it is I am going to kill them. You are not breaking up with me Kiley! Do you hear me?”

My, he wasn’t taking this well at all! Kiley thought with panic.

Suddenly Draco pressed himself against her and kissed her roughly. She tried to push him away, but he would only grunt and press himself closer. At one point his hand strayed down to her hip and he forced his hand to fit into the little area between the wall and her rear, forcing her hips to jut out uncomfortably. Her hands where on his chest and she kept attempting to push him away, praying that someone would come out and save her.

When someone did come out, that someone was very, very unhappy.

“Draco get away from her!” Harry screeched, forcing Draco back, and making him stumble.

Draco’s eyes widened as he saw Harry step in front of Kiley protectively.

“Harry Potter? It’s Harry Potter?” Draco said with astonishment. Then his face darkened. “I’ll kill you Potter. Do you hear me? I. Am. Going. To. Kill. You.” Draco whirled on his heel and stomped back into the Dining Hall.

Harry turned around to look at Kiley, who was still up against the wall, apparently in shock.

“Are you okay?” Harry asked, hugging her.

“Yeah, I, I think so,” Kiley mumbled, resting her head against his shoulder. He smelled wonderful.

“Do you want to go back in?” he asked quietly. Kiley nodded her head and together they went back inside.

When dinner was done, Harry took Kiley to the Gryffindor common room.

“Buttercup fairy,” Harry said to the painting of the fat lady. She nodded and swung forward to reveal the common room.

Kiley entered with fascination rippling through her. Harry smiled as he saw the look on her face.

“Okay, so this is the common room. The dorms are up there, the boys on the left, girls on the right. Any questions?” he asked, placing his arm around her waist. The people who were in the common room noticed this with fascination.

“No, no questions!” she said as she went to go sit in front of the fire. “This is really cool!” Kiley cried, flopping down on one of the couches. Harry chuckled and sat down next to her.

“So, why have you never been to Hogwarts if your father is Severus Snape?”

Kiley gulped. How do I answer that? she thought, struggling to come up with something.

“Well, I never really wanted to go… I always had him to teach me the lessons…” that worked.

“So, what’s it like having Snape as a father?”

“Well, it’s just like having any father really, I mean he’s always there for me and everything…..” good one Kiley, he’ll really believe that, she snorted inwardly.

Something clicked inside Harry’s brain. It was a well known fact that Severus Snape was always in love with Lilly Evans, what if….

“Do you know who your mother is?” Harry asked quietly, looking up at her though the top of his eyelashes.

“I don’t know...” Kiley said, a random memory flashing through her head, “her name was Jasmine….” She said uncertainly. She wasn’t sure if the vision was true or not, because in it Severus was standing over her, saying her name. The name that they where using as a cover. Kiley Severus Snape.

Harry breathed a sigh of relief, oblivious to Kiley’s inward struggle.

Suddenly she yawned. “I’m pretty tired, do you think you could show me were my room is?”

“Well, I don’t really know about the girls dorms, so why don’t I find Hermione or Ginny? They would be able to help you…”

Kiley nodded her head absent mindedly. She was thinking of some old memories that had popped up randomly….

“SEVERUS!!! SEVERUS!!!” she screamed, waving a letter in her hands. She ran towards the familiar figure that was walking down the court yard. She saw him turn his head and smile at her, putting his hood down and taking his mask off with his wand.

“What is it, my little Kiley?” he asked, putting his arms out.

She knew the routine. She jumped into his arms, still waving the letter in the air.

“I got my letter, Severus!!!!! I finally got my letter!!!” she screeched, hugging his neck hard.

Severus chuckled, happy to see her so excited.

“Can I read it to you?!?” she cried, squirming to be let down.

He set her down and crouched down to her height.

“Read it to me, then we shall go tell your father!”

Kiley cleared her throat and began, “’Dear Miss Riddle, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.’ Isn’t it wonderful, Severus?? I am so excited!!!! I can’t wait to go to Hogwarts!! I’ll be able to see you everyday!!” she squeaked, waving both her arms in the air.

“I can’t wait for that too!” Severus said, picking her up again.

He carried her across the court yard in the direction of her Lord Voldemort’s throne room.

“Now we shall tell your father! He will be so excited!” Severus said grandly. Kiley shrieked in delight.

When they got there, Severus put Kiley down and she ran in, not bothering to knock like she would soon find out to do every time she entered the throne room.

Voldemort looked startled as he saw her come flying at him with the letter clutched in her hand. He recognized the letter immediately and his face darkened.

“Father! Father! Look what I got!!!” Kiley cried, coming to a halt right in front of him. She cleared her throat again and said, “’Dear Miss Riddle, we are please to inform you….’” But before she could finish Voldemort held his hand up to stop her.

“’That you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,’ I know what the letter says. You will not be going.” And with that he got up and walked out of the throne room.

Kiley was stunned into speechlessness. Her mouth was partially open, trying to form words. Suddenly she broke down into tears. She ran to Severus, completely ignoring the sympathetic looks she was being given from the Death Eaters who where reflecting on there own days at Hogwarts.

“How, how could he just, just say that, Sev, Severus?!?” Kiley wailed between sobs.

Severus just held her tight, whispering that it was going to be all right over and over again and stroking her hair.

Kiley looked up and realized that she was crying. Harry was holding her, wondering what brought on this wave of tears. He was stroking her hair and whispering it was all right, everything was all right, just like Severus did that day her father crashed her hopes and dreams in one swipe. Suddenly she was forced back into another memory,

“What do you mean you’re not being challenged enough?” Voldemort whispered. It seemed that’s the only thing he could do, whisper. His strength was leaving him and he knew it.

“That’s just it, father. I know all of the things this new teacher is teaching me!” she cried, showing him the numerous papers that she had gotten flawless A’s on.

Voldemort turned to one of the Death Eaters and told him to bring in the new teacher.

“Father, if you would just allow me to go to Hogwarts…” she began to say. But Voldemort cut her off by whirling around and glaring at her.

“Do not mention the name of that school in this palace!” he screeched whispered. “I told you and told you that you will NOT be going to Hogwarts and that is final, do you understand me Kiley Tom Riddle?”

Kiley gulped, fighting back the tears and nodded her head. It was the first time she realized that her father was a dangerous man, and he wouldn’t think twice about killing her. She was only eleven when she figured this out.

“You wanted to see me, my Lord?” her new teacher asked, walking through the door, fear plain as daylight on his face.

“Yes, I see that you are not challenging my daughter enough. Is that true?”

“Yes, my Lord. She is an exemplary student, surpassing all of my teachings. I never knew that she was this different.”

Voldemort scoffed. “You didn’t know that Lord Voldemort’s daughter would be different?”

“Well, yes I knew that she would be different, she is the daughter of the greatest wizard ever alive….”

“Stop. Your assistance is no longer needed here.” And with that Voldemort whipped out his wand and killed him calmly.

Kiley covered her eyes, but it was too late. She watched the limp body crash to the ground, a look of frozen fear on its face.

She ran from the room, still covering her eyes. She ran right into Severus, who looked like he had witnessed the whole thing. He wordlessly picked her up and took her to the play room, where he played games with her until she fell asleep on the floor. When that happened he picked her up and took her to her room, whispering good night and kissing her on the forehead.

When Kiley resurfaced from her memory she found that she was curled up next to Harry on the couch, who was staring at her, wondering what was happening.

“Hey,” she said, looking at him.

“Hey,” he said back, brushing a piece of her hair out of her eyes.

“I’m sorry, it’s just I have a very, strange mind. I get caught up in my memories very easily, and it’s like I’m relieving them.”

“I was wondering why you screamed,” Harry said, chuckling a little.

“Again, I’m sorry,” she winced.

“Don’t worry, baby. I don’t care.” She smiled and Harry kissed her nose. “And besides, I have a strange mind too.”

“How so?” she asked, resting her head on his chest. She listened to his heart beat, content to stay there her whole life.

“Well, do you know about Lord Voldemort? Well, of course you do...” Harry began.

She stiffened, wondering what he was going to say next. Is this the right time?

“Well, ever since I can remember I can listen into his mind. Don’t call me crazy!” Harry said anxiously, taking in the look on her face.

“I wasn’t going to….” She whispered.

“Then what’s that look for?” he asked, lifting her chin up so he could look into her eyes.

“I know what you mean, about listening into peoples minds.” She whispered, “Get ready,” and she placed three of her fingers on his forehead.

Who is she? Harry thought as he looked at the girl behind Snape’s desk. She was… beautiful. The light reflected of her hair, making her jet black hair seem as though it was sparkling, catching each curl just right. Her eyes were glittering and the freckles on her nose and cheeks where breathtakingly innocent.

Harry gulped. I wonder if she would go out with me. Go out with me?!? I wonder if she would marry me!!

Kiley resurfaced with a goofy grin on her face. Harry was stunned. This had never happened to him before.

“You want to marry me?” she asked, the grin still on her face.

Harry gulped. She giggled and touched her fingers to his forehead again.

What will happen if I kiss her? Harry thought, staring down at Kiley. His thoughts where swirling. Just do it Potter! He told himself sternly. He took a deep breathe and bent his head down, closing his eyes. Suddenly there lips met and it took all Harry had not to push her up against the wall. The kiss was perfect, flawless. But all too soon it was over.

Harry looked at her with confusion in his eyes. Then he noticed the look on her face.

“What’s wrong?” he asked. When she gave him her excuse he didn’t believe it at all, that is, he didn’t believe it until Snape walked through the door.

Crap!

Kiley giggled again as they resurfaced.

“See, I told you I know what you mean.”

Harry was still stunned. “How do you do that, on demand like that?”

“Well, it’s a spell I learned a while ago. I’m not certain what it’s called. But there is one memory I would like to see. Do you mind?”

Harry shook his head, “What memory do you wanna see?”

“The one a couple minutes ago, when I was lost in one of my memories,”

Harry nodded his head, and Kiley placed her fingers once again on his forehead.

Kiley was looking into space, not really seeing. Harry waved his hand in front of her eyes, but he saw no register from her. He sat back, wondering what was going on.

Then she was smiling, looking ecstatic. She was mouthing something, but no sound was coming out, so Harry couldn’t tell what she was saying. Harry sat back, watching her smile, thinking that she was beautiful, even though she was acting like she was insane………

A few more moments passed. Then she calmed down slightly, but she was still mouthing. Then her jaw dropped. A look of utter disbelief crossed her face. She started crying. Bawling was more like it. She leaned into Harry, still mouthing. Harry didn’t know what to do, so he just held her tight and stroked her hair, telling her whatever was happening was going to be all right. It would be all right.

Then she was fine. She looked up at him, stunned. Suddenly she got that glassy look in her eyes and was mouthing again. This time she looked frustrated. Her hands came up, as if to show Harry something, but nothing was there. What the bloody…….

She stopped mouthing in what seemed to be mid-sentence. A look of fear passed over her eyes and she gulped. She looked terrified for a couple minutes, then she just looked horrified. She screamed, her hands flying up to cover her eyes. She started to cry again. Harry held her tight. After a few moments she was happy again, smiling and laughing. It was too much for Harry to take in. he moved her gently into a lying down position and he held her, wondering when she would resurface from whatever was happening to her. The next time Harry looked over at her she was asleep. Harry blew out, wondering if he should wake her up. No sooner did he think this she woke up, blinking in confusion.

When they resurfaced, Kiley was biting her lip, looking worried.

“Do you think I’m insane?” she asked Harry.

“No, sweetheart, I don’t think you’re insane.” Harry said quietly, smiling a little bit.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m positive.”

She huffed. Then she sat up, rubbing her eyes. Harry laughed, realizing what time it was.

“Well, I don’t think anyone is going to be awake at midnight, well, apart from us night owls.”

“What do we do then?”

“Just sleep on the couch, I guess.”

Kiley nodded, then looked down at her clothes. She pulled of her boots, casting them to the side. She then shed her jacket, tossing it with her boots.

Harry smiled and got up. When she looked at him puzzled, he put up a finger and quietly walked up the stairs, heading towards the boys dorm.

Harry walked into his, Ron, and Neville’s room silently, hoping not to wake up anyone. Turned out Ron was already awake.

“Hey, Harry! Were ya been?” Ron asked from on top of his bed. He was reading some muggle magazine and listening to his iPod. Neville was fast asleep. They didn’t even bother to keep their voices down. Neville could sleep through anything.

“With Kiley,” Harry said simply. He shed his school uniform and pulled on an old Quidditch shirt that had the Snitch on it and old pajama bottoms that where solid blue. He then pulled out flannel, blue and green plaid pajama bottoms and started to head out the door. Before he got through the door, he remembered to snatch a blanket from his bed.

“Were ya goin?” Ron asked, getting under the covers of his own bed.

“Common room,”

“Why?”

“Kiley doesn’t have a room,” Harry said, walking out the door.

He tip- toed back down the stairs, carrying the pajama pants in one hand, and the blanket in the other.

When he got down the stairs, he noticed Kiley was looking at all the paintings on the walls. They were all sleeping soundly.

Harry threw the blanket on the couch and walked over to Kiley.

“Here, I brought you some pajama pants.” He whispered, holding them out.

“Thank you, Harry.” Kiley said, taking the pajama pants from him and smiling.

“There is a bathroom over there….” Harry said, pointing to the right.

“Oh, no need,” she said simply. She closed her eyes briefly before snapping her fingers. Suddenly her jeans where in the hand the pajama pants were and the pajama pants where were her jeans used to be, on her.

“Whoa,” Harry said, starring from the jeans to the pajama pants. Kiley giggled. She rolled the top part of the pajama pants twice so they wouldn’t fall down and walked over to her things, placing the jeans on top of the pile. She snapped her fingers and they all disappeared.

“Where did they go?” Harry asked.

“With your stuff. I want those things back!” Kiley said, sitting down on the couch. She flicked her wrist and flames jumped out of the logs in the fireplace, making a warm fire.

Harry just shook his head. She was strange all right, but she was his. So it didn’t matter.

Kiley looked over at Harry and waved him over. When Harry sat down she snuggled up against him, forcing him to lie down with her.

She made a small noise of contentment as her eyes fluttered shut. Soon she was fast asleep. Harry chuckled, watching her sleeping face. Before Harry knew it, he too was fast asleep.