16 : "I've got no time for feeling sorry."

vThe next day Kiley woke up with a groan. The sunlight hit her eyes just right. By just right it meant blinding her until she couldn’t see her own hand. She covered her eyes with one hand and jumped out of bed, knocking a glass of water over in the process. She waved her hand and the liquid returned to the glass. She bent over and picked the glass up, placing it back on the little bedside table. Drake was already awake and flying around the room in lazy circles. Kiley brushed her hair out and put it up in a messy bun. She slipped on a different kind of uniform today and walked out the door, her bag full of books slung across her chest.

She yawned when she walked into the Dining Hall, running smack dap into Draco. He smirked at her before saying,

“If you wanted me that bad all you had to do was say so. You don’t hafta run into me.” She gave him some choice words before walking around him and into the Dining Hall.

She dropped into the space between Harry and Ginny and took a sip of the pumpkin juice in front of her.

“Hey, Baby, sleep good?” Harry asked her, taking another bit of his eggs. She nodded to him and took another sip of her pumpkin juice.

“You know what’s odd,” she said, suddenly thinking about it, “I just ran into Malfoy. Doesn’t he normally eat breakfast in the Slytherin Common Room? You know, because he’s so much better than everyone and not a complete and total git?” everyone laughed.

“Yeah, actually he just sat down next to us and talked to us. It was really kinda strange…” Ron said, his mouth full of sausage. Kelly made a face at him and he closed his mouth, his ears turning red. Even though Jason and Kelly where sorted into Slytherin, they still hung out with all their Gryffindor and one Ravenclaw friends.

Kiley laughed giddily and took another sip of her pumpkin juice. Her brain started to go fuzzy and she started to act ditzy. Like drunk ditzy.

“You know,” she said somewhat valley girlish, “Draco is kinda cute.”

Harry dropped his cup, the juice spilling everywhere. He sprayed the liquid that was in his mouth all over Ron. Ron didn’t even notice. He and everyone else were staring at Kiley like she was going batty.

She giggled ditzily, putting three fingers over her mouth and smiling broadly. “What, it’s true!”

They just continued to stare at her.

“Are you all right?” Harry asked her, feeling her forehead. She’s got to be feverish, he thought desperately.

“Yes, I’m fine!” she cried, taking another sip of her pumpkin juice. Suddenly she got the intense urge to see Draco. “Does anyone know where he may be?”

“Probably the Slytherin Common Room….” Jason said. He was starting to think that someone had spiked her pumpkin juice. She laughed again and he was certain of it.

“Does anyone know where that is?” she asked, draining the last of her pumpkin juice. Now she not only wanted to see Draco, but kiss him as well. All she could think of was him.

“Uh, yeah, I’m a Slytherin….” Kelly said, looking at her friend like she was insane.

“Aria, I think someone’s given you a love potion,” Luna said, her voice dreamy but her eyes serious.

“Oh, look! There he is!!!!” Kiley cried, jumping up and starting to run over to Draco. Before she could get any farther Harry grabbed her by her robes, restraining her. She looked at him perplexed.

“Yes?” she asked him. She looked at him like she had never seen him before in her life. Harry groaned.

Draco spotted her and wondered if the potion had worked. It took all he had not to run over there and see for himself.

She tugged on her robes, then slipped free of them. She ran towards Draco and he knew that it had worked as soon as she jumped up and kissed him hard, throwing her arms around his neck and clinging to him. He staggered back, but then regained his footing and kissed her back.

Harry just sat there, his insides twisting as he watched his girlfriend snogging his enemy. Every one of their friends where dumbfounded.

They where still kissing when Harry regained all of his senses. He got up and practically ran over to them. People started to hoot and wolf whistle when they got in the Grand Hall and saw them kissing.

“Malfoy, get away from my girlfriend!” Harry cried, sounding rather exasperated.

Draco broke the kiss and gave Harry a sneer. “Jealous, Potter?”

“You git! You spiked her pumpkin juice!” Harry said, his face darkening.

“How do you know? How do you know that she just didn’t realize how much better I am than you?” Draco spat, putting his arm around Kiley. She was just gazing at him with a dreamy look in her eyes.

“Yeah, you spiked it with a love potion,” Harry said, wincing when she nestled her head into his shoulder.

“So, what?”

“So stop kissing her and let me get her cured!” Harry cried. Draco kissed her cheek and she giggled.

“Oh, give it a rest, Potter,” Draco said, rolling his eyes and turning away. Kiley followed him, not even looking back at Harry. Harry watched as Draco paused to let Kiley catch up and sling his arm around her.

“Don’t be such a coward, Malfoy!!!!” Harry screamed, drawing out his wand. Draco turned back to him, a sneer on his face. He saw Harry’s wand and dropped his arm.

“Aria, can you go wait over there?” she nodded and skipped away, turning when she got to the spot to look at him.

Draco drew his wand slowly, and they began to pace in a slow circle.

“What was that, Potter?”

“You heard me,” Harry spat.

They continued to move in a slow circle around each other, daring the other to start throwing the curses first.

“What’s going on here?” Severus asked, coming into the Grand Hall and witnessing the sight before him.

“Malfoy put Ki… um, Aria under a love potion.” Harry said, not taking his eyes off Draco.

“Is that true, Mr. Malfoy?” Severus asked, throwing a fleeting glance at his daughter who was acting rather ditzy and staring at Draco like he was a god.

He didn’t wait for Draco to answer.

“Put your wands away, both of you, and come with me.” He took Kiley by the elbow and steered her out of the hall, Harry and Draco trailing after them.

“Where are we going?” Kiley asked, sounding like she was a valley girl.

“My office,” Severus said. The love potion affected her very strangely… he thought as she giggled and looked over her shoulder at Draco.

Harry looked pained when she blew him a kiss. Severus sped his steps up.

“Why are you going so fast? Can I walk with Draco?” she asked, looking up at him with pleading eyes.

“No,”

“Why not?” she whined in her valley girl voice.

They got to her office and Severus sighed in relief.

“Because we are here,”

He opened the door and steered her to the couch, plopping her down on it and walking over to his potions cabinet to get the things to make the antidote for the love potion.

Draco sat down next to her on the couch and she snuggled close to him. He looked at Harry smugly. Harry rolled his eyes and sat down on Kiley’s other side. It was only a matter of time. Please hurry! He silently begged the Potions Master.

Severus was trying to go as fast as he could.

Draco kissed her and Kiley happily kissed him back. Harry cleared his throat but they didn’t stop. His pained expression deepened. Severus looked over his shoulder and clapped loudly. They stopped kissing with a jolt and Severus shook his head, filling a glass with the potion.

He handed it to Kiley and she sipped it.

“What is it?” she asked, taking another drink.

“Love potion antidote,” he said. He could tell it was working because she began to scoot away from Draco and sit up right. She finished the glass then blinked rapidly.

Kiley looked around her, a dull pain in the back of her head.

“What happened?” she asked, looking at the three males around her in shock.

“Love potion,” Severus answered simply. Draco’s face had gone pale.

“Who gave it to me?” she asked, but she knew the answer already.

“Draco,” Harry spat. Severus nodded gravely.

She shot away from Draco, practically sitting on Harry’s lap.

“I’m right here!” Draco said, exasperated.

“You’re going to be in detention soon,” Severus said, scowling at Draco. “One hundred points from Slytherin.”

“What?!?” Draco cried, disbelief etched onto his face.

“Fifty for breaking the ‘no using potions on other students outside of class rooms,’ and fifty for ‘no personal display of affection’,”

Draco shot Harry a death glare then hung his head. Harry nodded in his direction, just happy to have Kiley back. She sat as close to him as possible, shaking her head in astonishment. She vaguely remembered throwing herself at Draco and kissing him. She shuddered.

“You will have detention for a week, in my office, every night.” Severus told him, his eyes cold.

Draco nodded and got up, walking out the door. The door slammed shut and Severus sighed.

“Do you mind if we PDA?” Kiley asked slyly, feeling better now that Draco was gone.

Severus blinked at the random question. “I don’t care?” it came out more of a question.

Kiley shrugged and kissed Harry. Harry was surprised but he kissed her back enthusiastically. She got up and straddled him, wondering when Severus would tell her to stop.

“I take that back!!!” Severus cried, alarmed. Kiley laughed and winked at Severus. Harry laughed as Severus sighed again, sounding rather exasperated.

“Get out of here, both of you,” he said, pointing to the door.

“C’mon Dad, you don’t hafta kick us out!” Kiley said, getting to her feet. She laughed as he gave her a look.

“Yes, I do, now leave and get to your classes!” he tried to sound stern, but it wasn’t working. As soon as they where gone he shook his head and laughed.

Classes went by sluggishly for Kiley, who really wanted lunch to start so she could try out for the team. When it finally did she raced to her room and changed into crimson red sweat pants, her black muscle t- shirt, a crimson red zip up, form fitting sweat shirt, and her red and black sneakers. Kiley pulled her hair up in a pony tail and grabbed her broom. She started to race through the castle, Drake following close behind.

When she got to the practices she felt out of place. Every one of the people there was wearing Gryffindor things, like a uniform, or even just a shirt with the crest on it.

“Aria! You made it!” Ron called from his broom high in the air. Kiley looked up and smiled, waving a little to him.

“All right, everyone!” Harry bellowed. He rode his broom to the ground and got off. Everyone landed also, looking at Kiley in either amusement or shock. “This is Aria Weasely. She’s going to try out for the role of Seeker….”

“YES!!!!!!” Neville cried, looking relieved.

“As I was saying,” Harry continued, giving Neville a look, “What I want you all to do is watch her, act like an audience so she feels the pressure.” The team nodded.

Harry turned to Kiley. “Now, what I’m going to do is release a Snitch in the air. I’m going to time you to see how fast you catch the Snitch. If it takes you over two hours then I’m going to stop you.”

Kiley nodded, smiling a fierce smile, fire burning in her eyes.

Harry smiled at her and walked over to a box. He opened it and took out a little golden ball that looked just like Kiley’s charm on her necklace.

“All right, mount your broom. Team, stand on the sidelines.” Harry instructed. Kiley mounted her broom as the team walked to the sidelines. She looked determined as she got comfortable on the broom.

“Ready? On the count of three I’m going to release the Snitch. When I do kick off the ground and I’ll start the timer as soon as you do.” Harry said. Kiley nodded, starring steadily at the little ball with the ferociously beating wings in his hands. “One, two, three!”