17 : Anything that boys do, don't you know that girls can to?

Kiley kicked off the ground hard as soon as he let go of the Snitch. She hovered for a moment, looking around. A glint of gold caught her eye and she whirled around and sped off. She followed it around for a few minutes. Finally it sped upwards, towards the clouds. She lost it amongst the blinding light. She dived back down quickly and looked around her. Kiley saw it again and took off. She saw which way the Snitch was going and decided to intersect it, a trick Draco had taught her. When she caught it she had to spin upside on her broom to do so.

“I caught it!” she yelled triumphantly, holding the Snitch in the air and descending to the ground.

The team came out from the sidelines.

“How long did that take?” Kiley asked Harry, slightly out of breath.

“Ten minutes!” Harry told her excitedly, looking up from the timer. “You almost beat my time! Where did you learn to do that?”

She shrugged. “Lucius played when he was in Hogwarts. Draco helped me out to,”

Harry nodded in understanding. “Well, I think we have our new Seeker!!!”

Kiley grinned excitedly, gripping her broom tight and trying not to squeal. She heard loud clapping and cheering from the stands and she saw Kelly, Jason, Luna, and her father sitting in the stands. Her father was giving her a thumbs up and smiling widely.

“All right! Let’s practice!” Harry called cheerfully, giving Kiley a wink.

They practiced until the Slytherin team crashed it.

Kiley was in the air, doing lazy circles and watching the practice going on underneath her when they came. She had already done all of her practice, but Harry wanted the others to get a scrimmage in before they stopped.

Harry saw the Slytherin team and instantly touched down. He signaled for the rest of the team to keep practicing. As soon as Harry touched down everyone started to goof off, though, which is only to be expected. A Quaffle was thrown to Kiley and she caught it, laughing as she did so. She threw it back to Ginny and they began to play Pass the Quaffle.

“Malfoy, what are you doing here? This is a Gryffindor practice!” Kiley heard Harry yell to Draco.

“Not anymore,” Draco sneered. He surveyed the team and said as he did so, “Pathetic lot you have here, Potter.” When he spotted Kiley laughing and throwing the Quaffle through a hoop Ron wasn’t guarding his eyes went wide.

“They’re not pathetic, Malfoy. They’re better than your lot,” Harry bit back, crossing his arms.

Draco didn’t even hear Harry as he watched Kiley start to do some more lazy circles in the air. “You have HER on you team!?!”

Harry looked towards the spot Draco was pointing. Kiley was now hanging upside down on her broom and trying to catch the Quaffle that Ginny was throwing at her.

“I caught it!!” she yelled triumphantly, swinging right side up on her broom.

“Yup, she tried out today. She’s our new Seeker,” Harry said, turning back to Draco.

Draco had started to look like someone was strangling the life out of him when Kiley had swung upside down on her broom. “What if she gets hurt?? Potter, this is a dangerous sport!!”

“You don’t think I know that, Malfoy? She’s persistent. She would have found someway to try out even if I had banned her, locked her up in her room, and took away her broom!” Harry replied, rolling his eyes.

“Did you do that??” Draco asked, sounding slightly frantic.

“Why would I do that? And besides, she’s the best available Seeker in Gryffindor. Now, leave, Malfoy. We still have practice going on,” Harry said, turning around and mounting his broom.

“Let me try and talk some sense into her!!” Draco pleaded to the astonishment of the Slytherin team.

“Good luck with that,” Harry snorted and kicked off the ground.

“MALFOY!! GET IN THE AIR NOW!!!!” the captain of the Slytherin team yelled gruffly, coming onto the field. The team kicked off and started to do laps around the Quidditch Pitch.

When Draco got close enough to Kiley, who was now playing Pass the Quaffle again with Ginny, Neville, and Ron, he slowed down and came up to her.

“Aria!! What do you think your doing!??!” Draco called to Kiley. She turned around and scowled at him before turning back to her friends.

“Go away, ferret,” she told him with her back turned to him. Ginny, Neville, and Ron snickered.

“You can’t play Quidditch!!” Draco tried again.

She whirled her broom around and stared at him with malice in her eyes. “And why in Merlin’s name not??”

“Because it’s too dangerous!!!!” he told her, desperation seeping into his voice.

She rolled her eyes and snorted, crossing her arms in defiance.

“Since when do you care what a Weasely does?” Neville called to Draco. Draco ignored Neville and continued to stare at Kiley.

“And besides, your to, to, to,” he faltered for the word he wanted.

“I’m to what, Malfoy?” she seethed, her eyes narrowing dangerously. If he tries pulling that delicate crap... she seethed mentally.

“Delicate!” he finally called, coming up with what he thought was the right word.

“Delicate!?!?” she cried, growing furious, “Do you remember who it was that saved your sorry butt from the Dementers when we where ten!?!? Do you remember who it was that out passed you, out Seeked you, AND out flew you!?!?!”

“I let you win!!!” he said desperately.

“HARRY!!!” Kiley called to Harry, still staring at Draco with pure hate.

“Yeah?” Harry asked, coming over quickly. He shot a glance at Draco that read, I told you so,

“I think that since the Slytherin team is here we could have a little scrimmage before next week’s game, wouldn’t you agree?” Kiley proclaimed.

Harry scratched his head and shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t see why not, let me just cover it with the captain of their team,” he raced off to the other side of the Pitch to a black haired bloke that was hovering a few feet off the ground and scowling at anything that zoomed past him.

Kiley continued to scowl at Draco as Harry talked to the captain of the Slytherin team.

“Please, try to see reason!” Draco tried again, but she cut him off by making a loud noise and holding her hand up in the air.

When Harry flew back he was smiling. “He said that would be fine.”

“Sweet,” Kiley crowed, turning her broom around and calling, “Ginny, Neville, Ron!!! We’re gonna scrimmage the Slytherins!!!”

They crowed in delight and moved to position with the rest of the team.

“All right, you all know the drill. Clean, fair fight and all that jazz.” Harry called to everyone when they where in position. Kiley and Draco hovered a few feet off the ground in the middle of the Quidditch Field. Both Kiley and Draco were the team Seekers.

The game started and everyone took off. Kiley and Draco hovered for a moment, then Draco spotted the Snitch and took off, Kiley right behind him and looking determined.

As the game wore on more people game out and started to sit down and watch. Someone even got into the tower to do some commenting.

“And there goes Ginny Weasely with the Quaffle! Will she score?? OH YES AND SHE DOES!!!!!!!!!”

Kiley and Draco zipped around the field, weaving in and out of the Chasers and Beaters, chasing the Snitch.

“Oh no, and Slytherin scores. Hey, has anyone seen Neville? Isn’t he the Seeker?” the commenter asked. Kiley raised her hand as she sped in front of the tower. She forgot that she wasn’t wearing a uniform.

“And who’s the pretty lady who just raised her hand??” the person asked in his thick Scottish accent.

“Seamus, that’s Aria!!!!” Ron shouted, still keeping an eye on the Quaffle.

“WHO?” Seamus asked into the microphone. Suddenly McGonagall was standing behind him and he forgot to turn off the microphone so you could hear her say,

“Aria Weasely, Finnigan!!!!!!!!!!!” in a stern voice. The crowd laughed as Kiley sped around the field after Draco. Draco lost the Snitch and Kiley stopped speeding around.

Suddenly she spotted the Snitch right behind one of the Slytherin Beaters. She sped off towards it, almost knocking the Beater off his broom.

“Sorry, Blaise!!” she cried as she zipped past him.

“Oh, almost!!! Next time knock him off his broom, Aria!!” Seamus cried into the microphone.

“FINNIGAN!!” they all heard McGonagall cry.

“Sorry, professor! And it looks like Aria’s found the Snitch!”

Draco was right behind her, looking determined, yet slightly pained. What if she hurts herself? I would never be able to live with myself….. He was thinking as he chased after her. They chased the Snitch on and off for about an hour, dodging the Bludgers and trying to keep the Snitch within their sights at the same time.

Kiley was studying the Snitch’s movements, and she noticed the Snitch would start to go downwards after about five minutes of staying level. It sped right below her and hovered for a moment. Kiley acted on impulse. She jumped from her broom, yelling, “SOMEONE BETTER CATCH ME!!!!!” she grabbed the Snitch, and fell through the air. Ron sped towards her and caught her in his arms.

“Hey, thanks Ron!” she cried as she held up the Snitch for everyone to see.

“ARIA WEASELY, IF I EVER SEE YOU PULL A STUNT LIKE THAT AGAIN YOU WILL NEVER PLAY QUIDDITCH AGAIN!!!!!!!” McGonagall screamed into the microphone.

The crowd had gone silent as soon as she jumped from her broom. Severus had gotten up from his seat with a panicked expression. Harry’s head had whipped around to look at her, and he was frozen in fear. Draco had done the same thing Harry did, just watch with a frozen look of fear.

“You’re bloody mad!” Ron told her, hovering towards the ground.

She shrugged and smiled an innocent smile. “No one ever said I wasn’t!”

“And, GRYFFINDOR WINS!!!!!” Seamus cried into the microphone when the shock had subsided. A loud cheer went off in the bleachers as the Gryffindors clapped.

When Ron and Kiley touched down, the Gryffindor team surrounded them, jumping up and down and cheering.

“I can’t BELIEVE you did that!!!” they heard two people roar at the same time. The Gryffindor team stopped cheering and the Slytherin team touched down.

Harry and Draco shoved through the crowd, both of them looking livid.

“What were you thinking??” Harry cried as he caught her up in a hug.

“You could’ve killed yourself!!!!” Draco cried himself.

“Ron caught me! It’s no big deal!” Kiley laughed as she extracted herself from Harry’s hug. “And I caught the Snitch!”

“What if Ron HADN’T caught you!??!” Harry asked her.

“But he did! And that’s all that matters!” she protested. She spotted Ginny in the crowd and ran off towards her.

“She’s going to kill herself, Potter!!! Please try and talk some sense into her!!” Draco pleaded.

Harry sighed and closed his eyes briefly. “You should know by now, Malfoy. If she wants something, she’s going to get it.”

Draco scowled at Harry and stormed off.

“She’s mad!!!” Jason laughed in the stands as he watched Kiley.

“She’s brilliant!!!!” Kelly corrected, laughing her head off.
"She's amazing!!!" Luna breathed dreamily.

“She’s in SO much trouble,” Severus mumbled. He had sighed in relief when he saw Ron catch her, but then he turned just as angry as Draco and Harry. “What was she thinking, JUMPING off of her broom?!?”

“Oh, c’mon Professor!” Jason said, nudging Severus with his elbow slightly. “She knew Ron was going to catch her,”

“Yes, that’s why she screamed, ‘someone better catch me!’ as she jumped off her broom.” Severus retorted, rolling his eyes.

“You know either Potter or Malfoy would have risked their necks to save the day!” Jason said back, watching as the teams filled into the dressing rooms.

“Still doesn’t change the fact she risked her neck for a stupid game,”

“You’re telling me you’ve never played Quidditch?” Kelly asked, looking at Severus with a startled expression.

“No, her mother did. She was the best Seeker Slytherin ever had,” Severus replied, shaking his head.

“I still can’t believe how AWSOME that was!” Jason cried as they stood up.

Severus grunted, but smiled a small smile all the same.

Once in the Gryffindor Common Room, everyone was celebrating. They had been celebrating for over an hour now. Kiley had endured people raising her in the air on their shoulders, she had endured people bouncing her around, and she had also endured people forcing drinks she wasn’t sure where non-alcoholic on her.

“Guys!” Kiley called as they started to cheer her name for the third time, “It was just a practice scrimmage!”

“It might as well have been a game!” someone in the crowd called.

“What possessed you to jump off of your broom?!?” someone asked, sounding awed.

The crowd hushed, waiting for her response. She shrugged.

“Impulse,”

Everyone in the room laughed. They began to talk again and Kiley was finally able to slip out of the Common Room.

She put her back to the wall and sighed, sliding down it and sitting on the ground. She hadn’t been able to change out of her sweat suit yet, so she was still in that.

“Hey,” Harry said, coming out of the portrait.

“If you’re going to yell at me, save your breath. I’ve done worse things than that.” Kiley told him, smiling a little bit. He sat down on the ground next to her and shook his head.

“I’m not going to yell at you,” he started to play with her hair. She sighed and leaned her head on his shoulder. “You tired?”

“Yeah, I’m beat. Seeking really takes a lot out of you,” Kiley replied.

He took two of his fingers and placed them under her chin. He turned her head to look at him and kissed her. She kissed back rather happily.

“I got everyone…… oh, well hello there!” Ron said, coming out of the portrait and smiling an amused smile when he saw Kiley and Harry making out.

“Don’t even,” Harry said, turning to look at Ron. “or i'll tell Kelly Malfoy that you love her."

Ron’s ears turned pink. “I got everyone to go to sleep,” he said quietly.

Kiley yawned and got up, stretching a little bit. “Awesome. I’m tired and I want to change out of these filthy clothes!” she kissed Harry’s cheek and said good night to both him and Ron before walking up to her room.