10 : high ho the merrio, to Grimmauld place we go!

Morning came all to fast. Harry woke up to the quiet whimpering of Kiley, who was having a nightmare about Voldemort finding her and killing all of those whom she loved.

“Kiley, Kiley, baby wake up!” Harry said, shaking her gently. She jolted awake, her green eyes round with fright. She heard Harry’s voice and she immediately calmed down. She clung to him, using his presence as a reassurance that everything was all right.

“Harry! Kiley! Time for breakfast!” Sirius called from downstairs.

They both hopped out of bed and walked downstairs, Harry holding Kiley’s hand tight. She smiled at him, reassuring him more than she needed reassuring at the moment. Everything was fine, knowing that she had Harry with her. She planned not to think about the dream to, so that was an added bonus.

“What’s for breakfast?” Kiley asked as they walked into the kitchen. Kelly was sitting on the counter again, this time eating a bowl of cereal.

“Cereal, Princess. Pick your poison from the pantry.” She pointed towards a door that was partially opened. Harry and Kiley both picked out a cereal and poured themselves a bowl. They sat down at the table and began to eat silently.

“What’s the matter, Princess? Dragon got your tongue?” Kelly asked, folding her legs underneath her.

Kiley dropped her spoon, her head shooting up to look at Harry, her eyes filled with fear. “Drake! Harry we forgot Drake!” she cried frantically.

“Its okay, Kiley, he’ll find you. Dragons can always find there owners. Trust me, he’ll be all right.” He said, placing a hand on hers and speaking calmly.

“Wait, does the Princess have a dragon?” Kelly asked, unfolding her legs and getting off the counter to put her bowl in the sink.

Kiley nodded, “His name is Drake.”

Kelly looked impressed as she rinsed out her bowl. “Cool,”

“Kiley, can you tell us why Voldemort is after you?” Sirius asked, coming in from the hallway.

She glanced at Harry and he nodded. “Well, because I was his daughter,”

“Was?” Sirius asked, visibly startled. Why did this girl have so many surprises???

“Well, he stole me away from my father and told him that I would have to call Voldemort father and grow up thinking he was my father, and Severus could never tell me otherwise.” She explained. She thought she sounded like a babbling lunatic, but apparently she was making sense…

“Ah, I see, so the reason why he is after you is……”

“Well, he found out that I am in love with Harry, and he wanted me to kill him. He also wanted me to get the Dark Mark. I told him no to both. When he tried to force me to get the Dark Mark, I did the only thing I could think of at the time, look into his memories. That’s when I saw the memory he had of taking me from my father.” Kiley said, pushing the cereal around in her bowl, not looking up at Sirius.

“Interesting….” Sirius said, his voice trailing off. He looked thoughtful.

“Hey, you two! I’m back! Did you guys miss me?” a voice called out from the entry way. Kelly got off the counter and shouted back,

“No, on the contrary we forgot all about you. So much has been happening around here. Wait; did you bring me back a cupcake? Please say you brought me back a cupcake!” she ran out into the hallway, an eager look on her face.

Kiley was puzzled when she heard a chuckle and a squeal of delight. Kelly walked back into the kitchen with a chocolate cupcake in her hands, licking the frosting off of it. A boy that was probably a year older than them walked in behind Kelly, holding bags of groceries in his hands. He set the groceries on the counter, not even realizing that two people who hadn’t been there before he left where sitting at the table. He tossed his head, sending the black hair that fell in front of his ice blue eyes to the side.

“The place was swarming with Death Eaters! I saw dear old mummsie, even though she didn’t recognize me. They were all saying something about finding some chick before the Dark Lord gets any angrier. I mean it was chaotic!” finally he spotted Harry and Kiley. Kiley had a strange expression on her face, and Harry was rubbing her back calmly.

“Hello, and you two are…?” he asked, staring at them.

“Oh, that’s Harry, you remember Harry right?” Kelly said, hopping back on the counter. The boy squinted. He seemed to recognize Harry for he cried, “Harry! I haven’t seen you in such a long time!”

“Likewise,” Harry said, too preoccupied with Kiley at the moment to hold a real conversation.

“And that’s Princess,” Kelly said, finishing off the last of her cupcake. “Guess what? We just found out that’s she’s a real princess to boot!”

The boy looked at her with a mixture of amusement and puzzlement etched onto his face.

“Kiley, my name is Kiley,” Kiley said shyly.

“Jason Lestrange at your service.” He bowed by the waist.

“Bellatrix never mentioned a son,” Kiley said, trying to think back to the few encounters that she had with Bellatrix. No, she had never mentioned a son.

“Ah, that’s because she never wanted a son,” Jason said, picking up a vanilla cupcake. He winked as he started to lick the frosting off.

“Did you get me one?” Sirius asked suddenly. He had been eyeing Kelly’s cupcake with envy.

Jason nodded and handed Sirius a chocolate cupcake, just like the one Kelly had devoured a short while ago. Jason began to put away the groceries and Harry and Kiley finished their breakfast. Sirius’s face lit up with delight as he started to lick the frosting off.

“When do you think everyone is going to get here?” Kiley whispered to Harry as she rinsed her bowl out in the sink.

“I don’t know, soon I hope. I don’t think I could live with those two for a couple months,” he said, discreetly hooking a thumb over his shoulder at Kelly and Jason.

“Why?” she asked, gently placing her dish in the sink and adjusting her shirt.

“JASON!!!!!! GET BACK HERE!!!! I WASN’T DONE EATING THAT!!” Kelly suddenly cried. Jason was no where to be found.

“COME AND GET IT THEN, CRAZY SOCKS!!!!” came a loud call from somewhere above their heads.

“I see your point,” Kiley mumbled as Kelly jumped off the counter and started to run like a cheetah through the house. They heard several bangs, a muffled cry, and a maniacal laugh of victory.

Sirius and Harry groaned in unison. “Dear Merlin, those two are going to be the death of me, I swear.” Sirius said, rubbing his temples. “The Death Eaters will find me in this house dead and be disappointed that they couldn’t find me fast enough to kill me!”

“Does this happen a lot?” Kiley asked, hoping onto the counter where Kelly had been sitting. Her legs were cold so she snapped her fingers. The stockings that she had on yesterday appeared on her legs instantly and she adjusted them.

“Yes. Every stinking day that both of them are here.” Sirius grumbled.

“Now I remember why I was so desperate to get back to Hogwarts that one Christmas I spent here.” Harry muttered. Kiley giggled, fluffing out her hair so it laid right.

“Dad!!!! Jason stole my apple, AGAIN!!!!” Kelly whined, coming in from the hallway.

“So what? Are you going to ground me, Uncle Sirius?” Jason asked smugly, throwing the apple in the air and catching it numerous of times.

“Jason, just give her back the apple, please.” Sirius said, sounding rather tired.

Jason complied, handing over the red apple to a rather smug looking Kelly.

“Thank you,” she said, whirling around and biting into her apple happily. She went to go sit on the counter, but seeing Kiley was there, she shrugged and sat on top of the table.

Kiley picked a green apple from the basket and after holding it up to Sirius to ask for permission, she bit into it happily. Green apples were always her favorite.

“So, how is Severus doing?” Sirius asked after finishing his cupcake and greedily licking his fingers.

“He’s doing wonderful,” she replied around a mouthful of apple. She swallowed and took another bite, happy with leaving the conversation at that.

“Yeah, so wonderful in fact, that in one day I saw him smile, laugh, and jump up and down like a kid.” Harry replied, laughing at the memory.

“Severus Snape, smile???” Sirius asked, dropping the cupcake wrapper on the floor in shock. He bent down to pick it up, a blush creeping over his face.

“Why does everyone act so surprised?!? Merlin, it’s like you’ve never seen him smile before!!!” Kiley said, throwing her hands up in the air, the apple in her left hand.

“Because we haven’t,” everyone in the room but Sirius chorused.

“I haven’t seen him smile since that one week in seventh year at Hogwarts,” Sirius said.

“Well, he smiles, laughs, and does about everything else that other people do. You guys just haven’t been around him long enough.” Kiley muttered, taking another bit of her apple and ferociously chewing it.

“Looks like someone ticked off the Princess!” Kelly cried cheerfully.

Kiley shot her a look that would have made even Lucius Malfoy cringe, but she just ignored it, taking another bit of her apple and staring at Kiley calmly.

“That look would have made every Death Eater imaginable cringe, even Lucius Malfoy.” Kiley replied, slightly awed. “I know, I’ve used that look before. I think I’m starting to like you, Pauper.”

Kelly laughed, “’The Princess and the Pauper’. Nice one, Princess.”

Everyone in the room laughed, except for Kiley and Kelly, who were just smiling.

Suddenly a bright, green light filled the room, blinding everyone momentarily. Everyone gasped except for Kiley and Sirius. Kiley knew the person behind the green light, and she was excited. Sirius was just used to the bright light that filled the room whenever someone apparated into number twelve Grimmauld place.

Then as soon as it started the green light stopped, seemingly condensing in one area then disappearing altogether, Severus Snape in its place.

“Dad!” Kiley cried, hopping of the counter and running over to Severus, throwing her arms around him in a hug, apple forgotten on the counter.

Severus smiled, surprising Jason, Kelly, and Sirius.

“Are you all right?” Severus asked her, hugging her back.

She nodded.

“And no one saw you?”

“The only Death Eaters who saw me where you and Lucius,” she replied, stepping out of the hug. Severus nodded and looked at Sirius for the first time. His eyes filled with hate as he took in Sirius.

“Sirius Black,” Severus said curtly, clipping the words like they where swear words. He began to talk in a monotone, no emotion whatsoever in his voice, “If I had known that you were here, I would have never sent my daughter here. But seeing as though I did, and you are here I must warn you, if anything happens to her I will personally make your life a living Hell,” Severus advanced on Sirius in a threatening matter, remembering all those times Sirius, James, and sometimes even Lupin had made HIS life a living Hell.

“Severus,” Sirius replied, “I’m sorry,”

This caught Severus off guard. Confusion flickered across his face. “What did you say?”

“I said I’m sorry. I’m sorry for all those times I bullied you, made fun of you, pulled pranks on you, for everything. I’m sorry for when Miley left we all went right back to making fun of you. We should’ve listened to her and stopped. I’m sorry.” Sirius said.

Severus looked him over, realizing with a start that Sirius meant it. He truly was sorry.

“And I completely understand if you don’t forgive me, but just take in the fact that your daughter and my godson are highly and very visibly in love. Look at it this way,” Sirius said, cocking his head slightly and smiling a small smile, “it’s like I’m James in a way. I’m the closest thing Harry has to a father, so, basically it would be the whole fathers-become-friends-and-keep-the-two-lovers-in-check. So, what do you say, Severus? Truce?” Sirius held out his hand.

Severus first looked at Sirius, then at his daughter, then he looked at Harry. All three had eager faces, hoping that he would comply. My world is crashing in on me, he thought, I can’t believe I’m actually considering this.

Severus stuck out his own hand and shook Sirius’s. “I’m only doing this because of the kids. If it weren’t for them I would kill you were you stand.”

“I’ll take it!” Sirius cried joyfully, some of his old Marauder self creeping in.

Severus rolled his eyes. “The Death Eaters have invaded the school discreetly. When they found that you weren’t there they left. But they left behind a Death Eater, besides myself, to watch over the place and take up the new Defense Against the Dark Arts post. Conveniently the old professor was found dead.”

“Which Death Eater?” Kiley asked, hoping they didn’t leave behind Bellatrix.

“Bellatrix,” Severus said, rolling his eyes once more in disgust. “Though she is undercover. Basically all she had to do was dress in normal clothes, tame her hair, and not wear that ridiculous make-up she always wears. No one has recognized her yet.”

“Dear mummsie is teaching at Hogwarts? That must be a sight worth seeing!” Jason said from the corner of the kitchen.

“And who are you two?” Severus asked, noticing Kelly and Jason for the first time.

“That’s Jason Lestrange, Bellatrix’s unwanted son, and that’s Pauper, Sirius’s daughter.” Kiley said, smirking a little when she came to Kelly’s name.

“Actually it’s Kelly, but Princess over here just wants to be funny, don’t ya Princess?” Kelly said from her perch at the table.

“Princess?” Severus asked, clearly confused.

“Long story,” Sirius sighed.

“Onto more important things,” Severus said, deciding to shrug it off, “Bellatrix is going by the name Isabella Tristan. She’s a pretty believable character, so watch out. If or when you come back to Hogwarts, I must insist that you wear a disguise to.” He looked straight at Kiley. “The only reason, yes the only reason, that she is there is to bring you back when you come. It’s almost Christmas so you can stay until after the holidays. Everyone is leaving today as it is. They should be coming to Grimmauld place any time soon. I left a message to the Weasley’s to come here, so they should be coming sooner than the rest.”

“Who else is coming?” Sirius asked Severus, walking over to the counter so he could lean against it. Kiley jumped back onto the counter, folding her legs underneath her. Harry walked over to the counter so he could lean on it as Sirius was doing right next to Kiley. Severus stayed in the middle of the room, looking completely out of place with his all black attire.

“The usual. The Order and everybody else who follows the members of the Order around like lost puppies,”

“Great, sounds like I hafta clean,” Kelly whined.

Jason pulled out his wand and tapped the counter. Everything was clean in a matter of seconds. “You’re welcome,” he said, placing his wand in his back pocket.

“No one asked you to do that. I could have done it by myself, thank you very much.” Kelly sneered.

“Please shut up you two!!" Sirius cried, throwing up his hands and sounding exasperated. Kelly and Jason quieted immediately, giving each other death stares.

“Okay then, well, you need a room, right?” Sirius turned to Severus, folding his arms and trying not to look to frazzled.

Severus nodded, “that would help, yes,”

“All righty then, let me show you which one you can have. It’ll be right next to Kiley’s.” Sirius walked out, Severus following him.

Kiley groaned as soon as he left.

“’It’ll be right next to Kiley’s’ so you can stalk her every move and pounce when Harry tries to sneak into her room at night!” Kelly said, trying to imitate Sirius’s voice.

Kiley threw the half eaten apple at her and Kelly took her wand out, deflecting it easily. Jason laughed and Harry looked slightly queasy.

“Aw, cheer up bloke!” Jason said, punching Harry lightly in the arm, “Snape has got to be a heavy sleeper! All that emotion has got to wear him out!” Jason laughed again at his own pitiful joke.

“Did you see the way he talked to my dad? I mean it’s like he has the emotional range of a teaspoon!” Kelly laughed, remembering the time Ron told her about what Hermione said to him.

“He has the emotional range of anyone!” Kiley cried, exasperated.

“If I wake up in the middle of the night to a very girlish scream, I can safely say that Harry is in for some serious torture, right?” Jason asked, trying to look serious but not quite managing it.

Harry gulped and nodded. Jason and Kelly laughed.

“You guys are pathetic,” Kiley mumbled. That made them laugh even harder.

Kiley scooted over to the side so she was behind Harry. She unfolded her legs and placed them on each side of Harry, so his back was in between her legs.

“I want a piggy back ride,” she stated, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. He laughed as he hooked his arms under her legs and pushed off the counter. He stayed there until Kiley said, “Walk! There’s no point to a piggy back ride if you don’t walk!!” so he walked around the kitchen.

“This isn’t fun,” she whined while Harry was walking slowly around the table for the third time. Suddenly Harry started to run. She squealed in delight as he ran up the stairs, passing an amused Sirius on the stairs. He ran down the hall, past an open door that was obviously Severus’s room.

Severus heard Kiley’s laugh before he saw them. He was confused for a moment, then amused as he watched them sail down the hall. Harry did a complete and sudden one eighty, making Kiley’s head spin. She laughed breathlessly as they raced back down the hall and down the stairs again.

Then all of a sudden a bright, pale pink light filled the room, making Harry stop in his tracks. When the light cleared everyone of the Weasley’s where there.

The first people Ron saw where his best friend and girlfriend. Ron laughed as soon as he saw Kiley on Harry’s back. They grinned at him innocently.

Kiley got off of Harry’s back and tried to flatten her hair. “Hey, Ron!” she said breathlessly, smiling still.

“Hey you two!” Ron said. He hugged Harry. Kiley laughed when he hesitated, not sure whether or not to give her a hug.

“It’s all right, Ron, you can give her a hug.” Harry laughed.

Ron laughed too as he gave Kiley a hug. “Blimey, Harry! The Death Eaters took over the whole school for about five minutes! No one knew who they where and if they where Death Eaters, but me and Hermione knew! So did Snape, because he came into the Gryffindor Common room and told me that you two had left and that the Death Eaters where lookin for Kiley! None of them approached me, I was bloody glad of that! I could’ve taken them though! But then Snape tells me and Hermione to come here for Christmas. Hermione didn’t want to come, so she’s not comin, but, blimey, Harry!”

“Ron, you already said ‘blimey’.” Kiley pointed out. Ron smiled sheepishly.

“Well, I better go find out which room I’m in,” he said, looking up the stairs at his retreating family. He walked past them and up the stairs.

Right after he left a knock came at the door. Kiley walked over to answer it. Three people stood on the doorstep, smiling rather ecstatically. There where two women and one man. One of the women had bright fuchsia hair and Kiley tried not to gawk. The other was a petite brunette with intense green blue eyes who was a little bit taller than Kiley herself. The man had blonde hair, and a couple scars etched into his face.

“Harry Potter! So glad too see you again!” the man cried, giving Harry a hug, “Looking so much like your father everyday!”

The women with fuchsia hair hugged Harry also before looking Kiley over and pointedly looking at Harry. The petite brunette rolled her eyes as she saw the women with fuchsia hair look at Kiley.

“Oh, right! Lupin, Tonks, Piper, this is Kiley. Kiley, Lupin, Tonks, Piper.”

“How do you do?” Kiley asked, shaking their hands.

“Girlfriend?” Piper asked, a glimmer of mischief in her eyes. Harry nodded warily.

“She’s beautiful! Way to go Harry!” Tonks said, giving Kiley a hug. Kiley blushed.

Lupin was trying very hard to disguise the surprise. Merlin, she looks just like the girl I fell in love with at school!! It was unnerving, really. It couldn’t be, he thought, looking her up and down, could it?

Kiley blushed harder as Piper gave her a thumbs up.

“Kiley, is it? Do you mind if I talk to you for a moment?” Lupin asked her suddenly, shaking his head to dispel the memories that where cropping up, the memories he had worked so hard to forget.

“Um, sure?” she said, looking at Harry for support. He nodded, wondering what Lupin wanted. Lupin walked into the kitchen, first checking to see if anyone was there. He beckoned Kiley in and she followed.

“I’m sorry, but do you mind if I ask who your mother was?” Lupin asked, rubbing the bridge of his nose and staring at her intently.

Kiley shifted from foot to foot. “Um, I’m sorry but I really don’t know. You can ask Severus about her, though. He would know,”

“How would he know?” Lupin asked suddenly, growing furious.

“Um, he’s my father?” she said. It came out more like a question. She wondered why he was acting this way.

“Severus Snape is your father?” his voice was low and dangerous.

She nodded, inching towards the door.

“Do you know if your mother’s name was Miley?” he asked, looking her over again. She looked so much like her!!! His eyes strayed to her neck of their own accord, and he noticed with some relief she wasn’t wearing a necklace.

“No, I’m sorry,” Kiley said, “But I don’t think it was Miley. I think it was something like Jasmine.

Lupin nodded, resolving to talk to Severus later. If he stole Miley from him, Lupin would pound him for every year he had spent looking for her. By the time Lupin was done with him, he would be a bloody pulp.

“Is Remus, Tonks, and Piper here yet?” Sirius called from the stairs.

“They just got here!” Harry called back up. Lupin and Kiley walked out of the kitchen and into the hallway again. Kiley went over to Harry who gave her a quizzical look. She shook her head.

“Thank you, Harry! That’s everyone I presume?”

“Don’t forget about Dumbledore!” two voices said at the same time.

“I don’t think he’s coming, Fred and George.” Sirius called up the stairs.

Lupin, Piper, and Tonks walked upstairs, no doubtedly looking for a room to sleep in.

Before Lupin walked upstairs whoever, he handed Harry the Daily Prophet. “Page two, section C. I think this’ll help ease the surprise,” he gave Kiley one last look as he walked up the stairs after Piper and Tonks.

Harry looked at him quizzically as he opened the paper and read the section Lupin had told him to. His eyes went wide behind his glasses as he read it. His mouth dropped open when he heard Lupin say, “We need two more guests before everyone is here, Sirius!”

“And who might those two be?” Sirius called back.

They couldn’t hear Lupin’s reply. Harry looked horror stricken.

“What’s wrong?” Kiley asked, taking the paper from his hands. It looked like he was frozen. She quickly located the page and began to read:

Everyone in the wizarding world, as well as some in the muggle world, knows about the Malfoy name. Rich, powerful, a highly influential family. That name was shattered today when Lucius Malfoy was sent to Azkaban Prison for affiliating himself with Dark Magic. He was sentenced the eighteenth of December in front of a jury and a judge to a life sentence. His wife, Narcissa Malfoy, and only son, Draco Malfoy, left the court room in shame. Their house being taken away from them, and being stripped of all power in the ministry, where will they go?

Then it went onto describing the court scene, what judge was used, and other trivial matters. Kiley was shocked. They had found out? Who was next?

Then there was a knock at the door. Kiley set the paper down on the table that was positioned right by the door and opened it. As soon as she did she wanted to slam it shut.

“Did you miss me?” came a snide voice.