21 : "She'll change her name today and make a promise and i'll give her away"

After Hogwarts…

“Oh, I can’t do this, Kelly I can’t do this!!” she cried, staring at herself in the mirror.

“Sure you can, Princess!” Kelly told her sternly, fitting the last Lilly into her hair. Kiley gulped, looking at her best friend’s reflection.

“I’m so nervous,” she whispered to the reflection.

“Everyone’s nervous when they get married!” Kelly cried, patting her head like she would a child’s.

“Don’t even start with me, Pauper. Your wedding is next month!” Kiley told her, scowling.

Kelly just laughed. Kiley stood up and took on last look in the mirror. Her dress was white, obviously. But really, it was fit for a princess. It was strapless, with intricite beading on the front. The skirt of the dress was full, and the train was long. Kiley’s eyes lit up with delight as she looked over herself. Her hair was up, and Lillys where tucked into the folded in bun. She held her boquet up, looking over the flowers. There where white Roses, Lillys, some complimentary green leaves, and vines draping over the front.

She took a deep breathe and walked with Kelly to the front door of Hogwarts. Yes, they where getting married at Hogwarts, more specifically by the lake where they buried Luna. It was spring time, so all the buds where blooming, there fragrance filling the air, making everything smell so sweet.

Kelly nodded to her and squeezed her arm before going through the door with Ron on her side. Kiley tried to stop her hands from shaking, but they wouldn’t stop, so she just clutched the boquet to her tightly with both hands. Severus came up behind her and whispered, “Are you ready?” she nodded, looking at her fathers beaming face.

Severus held out his arm and she took it. My baby girl is all grown up, he thought, trying to stamp the tears away. He wouldn’t cry, Dear Merlin don’t let me cry!!!!

The music started then. She gulped and the doors where opened.

She instantly looked down the aisle, and all she could see was him. His face was filled with rapture. She giggled softly. She saw McGonagall smile and wink at her. She turned her attention back to Harry.

Dear Merlin…. He breathed, his mind going fuzzy as he witnessed the beautiful bride. HIS bride. He was going to marry her!!! He was filled to the brim with happiness.

Finally she was down the aisle and standing beside him. Severus handed her hand to him and Harry nodded, smiling broadly. Harry stared at her with happiness, and he saw a tear slide down her cheek. He squeezed her hand tight.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today….” McGonagall rambled on and on. Kiley tuned her out, just wanting to see her grooms face. She was marrying him!!!!! She could just scream with happiness.

“I do,” Harry said, looking into her eyes. Didn’t he know that he could make her melt whenever he did that???

McGonagall turned to her.

“I do,” she whispered.

“By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife! You may now kiss the bride!” She proclaimed loudly. Harry took her and spun her down, kissing her hard on the slips. It was the perfect kiss. When he spun her back up she was breathless.

No one saw the obvious torment on the Draco Malfoy’s face. He was happy for her, but he still loved her. He quickly got up and walked away, towards the lake. He needed to go for a walk.

Harry and Kiley walked down the aisle together, smiling at everyone. Harry was beaming with pride. He got his girl. Severus was actually crying, as well as Mr. and Mrs. Weasely, Sirius, and even Remus Lupin. Drake was sitting on Severus’s shoulder, and he had turned a sea- green color when Harry and Kiley kissed.

It was time for the reception when dusk fell. Everyone was under a tent that was set up by Hagrid’s hut. There was a dance floor, as well as a DJ. Lights where strung underneath the top of the tent for when the sun went down. They where shaped like hearts.

“Now, I think it’s time for a Daddy Daughter dance,” the DJ proclaimed. Severus took his daughters hand and led her out to the dance floor. The song Butterfly Kisses started up as they began to dance.

“Do you remember when you where younger you would play dress up?” Severus asked her as they danced. She nodded, remembering all the times she had roped him into playing Fairy Godmother when she dressed up as Cinderella. She giggled.

“How could I forget?” she asked him, seeing the twinkle in his eyes.

“And how you could order the Death Eaters around when you where just three years old? You where such an advanced little child….” Severus laughed. “My little girl grew up…..” he said, his voice catching.

“Aw, Dad, I’ll always be your little girl.” She said, wiping away one of his tears with her thumb. The song ended and she curtsied to him. Harry stepped in and tapped him on the shoulder.

“May I cut in, sir?”

Severus nodded and walked away, needing to find a tissue, and fast. Harry bowed to her and she curtsied. They started to dance.

“So, how does it feel, Mrs. Potter?” he asked her, a thrill running through him as he said her new name. He was still marveling over her beauty.

“It feels wonderful!” she cried as he twirled her around. She laughed with him. Suddenly Harry stopped dancing and looked over his shoulder. He seemed surprised.

“May I cut in?” for the first time Draco sounded unsure of himself. Harry nodded and stepped away.

Draco looked at her uncertainly. She stepped into his arms and they began to dance.

“You look beautiful,” he told her, trying to postpone what he knew he had to say. He didn’t want to say it, he wanted to keep playing the little game he had going. The only reason why he was stopping now was because of how much his game hurt her. He had to stop. And by Merlin he would stop. Even if it killed him inside.

“Thank you,” she said, wondering where this was going.

“I’m sorry,” he said to her suddenly, his voice quivering. This wasn’t a trick. He said his next words slowly, wanting to get the message through to her. “I shouldn’t have done the things I did. I was selfish. I wanted the best for myself. I’m not going to try and trick you anymore, Kiley. I realize now that I love you to much to put you through that kind of pain.” He spoke from his heart. Kiley knew at once that this wasn’t a trick. He was serious. “The only thing I can say right now is this. I love you, and I won’t stop loving you. I’ll wait. Wait for something, if anything, to happen. But know this, wherever I may be, whatever happens, my arms are always open.”

“Draco, I….” she trailed off, not knowing what to say. He shook his head.

“Don’t say anything,” he said quietly. She nodded and they just danced. The song ended and he kissed her on the cheek before bowing and walking away, torment in his piercing eyes, sadness etched onto his handsome face. His walk was brisk and determined. He had to get to the car before he broke down into the hysterical sobs he knew was coming. He would not let her see how much this hurt him, how much it killed him to see her with someone else.

Harry came up to her and started to dance with her again. She watched as Draco practically ran away, leaving the reception altogether.

“Are you okay?” he asked her. Tears were sliding silently down her cheeks.

“He told me he was sorry. That he was selfish and wanted the best for himself.” She trailed off. Harry looked into her eyes and stopped dancing.

“He was right,”

That broke her reverie. “Excuse me?” she asked him, her voice full of confusion.

“About wanting the best. You’re the best, and I still can’t believe I got you.” A tear slid down his cheek. Kiley looked at him, her eyes shining with unshed tears.

“Believe it. Because I’m not going anywhere.” She whispered. She wiped away the tear and kissed his cheek.

Harry closed his eyes, resting his forehead on hers for a moment. The he kissed her passionately, one hand splayed on the small of her back, the other cupping her neck. She kissed him back, trying to put all her love into that one kiss. When they broke apart they smiled at each other happily.

“I love you,” they breathed to each other.

Then they began to dance again, the last rays of the sun disappearing behind the tall trees. The very last ray reflected off the water and onto the ring that was on Kiley’s left hand. It glinted for a moment, then stopped. They danced away, oblivious to everything.