5. " What dose puppies have to do with anything?"

“Could you ask a kid in there to open the portrait hole, please?” Severus said, standing outside the Gryffindor Common room in front of the portrait of the fat lady. She nodded silently and disappeared.
The portrait door opened and a timid looking first year stood in the doorway.

“Yes, professor?” he asked, stifling a yawn.

“May I come in?” Severus said, wondering what the boy would say.

“Sure, all of us are still asleep though, I just came down to get a glass of water.” The boy moved out of the way as Severus walked in.

He looked around the Gryffindor Common room, realizing that he head never been inside it before. Sure he had gotten a glimpse, but that was only when Lily was at Hogwarts.

As Severus was wondering how he would find Kiley, he noticed two sleeping figures on the couch. He walked over to the couch and looked at the sleeping kids faces. One of them was Harry Potter; his glasses still perched on his nose. The other was his daughter, curled up next to Harry in the crook of his arm.

Severus got a funny look on his face as he watched his daughter sleep. At one point she mumbled something and snuggled closer to Harry.

“Professor? Are you okay?” the first year asked, having successfully located a glass of water. He stood on the first step, looking back at Severus, the water clenched in his left hand. The kid was obviously terrified of him.

“Yes, I’m fine,”

“Okay, then.” The boy said, all but running up the stairs.

Severus looked back down at Kiley and sighed. This would take some getting used to.

“Kiley,” Severus said, gently shaking her awake. “Rise and shine pretty girl, the sun is up and so should you!” he used to always say that to her to wake her up. She would always wake up and smile. She did that now as she turned her head, blinking the sleep away from her eyes. She sat up and looked around, apparently startled. Kiley blinked again, everything rushing back to her.

“Severus,” Kiley breathed, looking around the Gryffindor Common room, “I’m actually at Hogwarts, aren’t I?”

“Yes, you are, Kiley,” Severus said, smiling at the expression on her face.

Kiley climbed out of bed, waking Harry in the process. He didn’t show that he was awake though, he peered out of one eye to see what was going on.

“So, I was thinking that we take this day off while everyone goes to Hogsmeade and go shopping for the things you need.”

As Severus was talking, Kiley stretched, part of her shirt rising up as she raised her arms above her head. Her pajama pants where resting on her hips, so Harry got a good look at the star within the range of a crescent moon tattoo that had little squiggle looking things on either side. Harry chuckled under his breathe.

“Sounds good to me,” Kiley said when she was done stretching. “I don’t know where my room is though, so we’ll hafta wait until Ginny or Hermione wake up, because i really don't want to go anywhere in pajamas!”

Severus nodded, smiling slightly. “Meet me in my office when you’re done, okay?”

“Sure thing, Sev!” she said brightly.

And with that Severus walked out of the Gryffindor Common Room. Kiley sat back down on the couch gently, not realizing that she had woken Harry.

“So, what’s with the tattoo?” Harry asked, sitting up.

Kiley gaped at him, “How did you know about that?”

“I saw it when you where stretching,” Harry said, laughing at the expression on her face.

“Oh, well, in that case, yeah.” She didn’t know what to say. No one knew about the tattoo, not even Severus.

“Why did you get it?”

“My first act of defiance I guess. No correction, my first major act of defiance. My very first act of defiance was taking the cookie even though he said I couldn’t have one!” she laughed at how pathetic that sounded.

Harry looked at her with a strange look on his face.

“What?” she asked, turning so she could face him.

Harry just shook his head, his eyes closed. He leaned forward and cupped his hand behind her neck. He kissed her softly on the lips. “Nothing, love.” He whispered against her lips. She lost all coherent thought.

“What?” she asked in confusion as she slipped her arms behind his neck and inched closer to him.

Harry didn’t answer. Instead he kissed her again, this time longer.

“Ahem!” a voice behind them cleared their throat very loudly.

They jumped back from each other, blushing madly. Harry looked up at the person who was standing behind the couch, arms crossed, a very angry look etched into her face.

“Oh, hey, Hermione! What’s up?” Harry asked, running a hand through his hair and adjusting his glasses.

“Nothing much, Harry,” she crooned, walking to get to the front of the couch. She plopped down right in the middle of the two, shooting daggers at Kiley.

What the heck?? Kiley thought, staring at Hermione. What does this crazy chick think she’s doing??

“Hey, Hermione, your a girl, could you show Kiley her room?” Harry asked, realizing that Hermione could help locate the room.

“Well, obviously she couldn’t find it on her own. Or her own clothes.” Hermione said, her eyes narrowing into slits as she looked over the make-shift bed and Harry’s pajama pants that had an H.P. initialed on the side in gold, flowing letters.

“Yeah, well, it’s kind of hard to find things in a totally new place. I am so thankful I have Harry to help me out,” Kiley gushed, enjoying it immensely when Hermione’s face turned a brilliant shade of purple.

“Yes, Harry is the helping type, you know, always helping lost tramps,” Hermione said. It was obvious she wasn’t referring to the cute puppies.

“Harry never can turn down a cute, adorable, totally amazing puppy. Can you Harry?” Kiley said, watching her face turn an even deeper shade of purple. Kiley was trying to think back to what Luna said. Did Luna ever mention Hermione and Harry having a fling? She was positive she never did.

“What does puppies have to do with anything?” Harry asked, looking from one girl to the other.

“Nothing,” Kiley and Hermione said at the same time.

“So, Hermione can you show Kiley her room or not?” Harry asked, still obviously confused.

“Yeah, sure thing Harry!!!” she cried, jumping up and tugging on Kiley’s arm. Hard. Very, very hard.

Kiley winced in pain as she was dragged up the stairs by a very, very jealous Gryffindor.

When Harry was out of view, Hermione stopped walking and let go of Kiley’s arm.

“All right,” she said, crossing her arms and cocking her hip to the left. “Let’s get a couple things straight. I’m viewed as the Gryffindor Princess. You’re viewed as the Hot

New Girl. If you know what’s good for you, you’ll keep it that way. You’ll also play down the whole ‘Hot’ part of your title, stop being so happy and bubbly all the time, and most importantly,” Hermione walked up to Kiley so her face was mere inches away from hers. “You will leave Harry Potter alone. He is mine.”

Kiley backed up a little bit. “You know, I could give you some advice on how to snag a boy.”

Hermione stepped back, shock flitting across her face. “How?”

“By not scaring them away,” Kiley said simply. “Don’t give their girlfriends death threats, and don’t threaten their girlfriend in anyway, shape, or form. Oh, and to get friends you be nice and don’t threaten them either. Especially girls. Especially a girl who could kick your rear harder and more painful than anyone could. So, don’t threaten me. Because honey, I live with Death. And trust me; Death is a lot scarier than you. Which, come to think of it, isn’t saying much, because Death is my friend.”

Hermione’s face darkened. “Turns out your not all the teachers and students crack you up to be. But, I guess that’s only natural, with someone like Severus Snape as your father. You poor, poor girl.” Hermione laughed wickedly. Suddenly she found herself pinned up against a wall, her feet dangling a good three inches off the ground.

“Say that one more time, I dare you.” Kiley growled, a look of pure loathing etched across her pretty features.

“And what are you going to do to me?” Hermione laughed nervously.

“Oh, I could do a lot to you. Things that you could not imagine. Things that don’t even crop up in your dreams because they are too unbearable. Things that I have witnessed myself, over and over again.” A sad look crossed over Kiley’s face as she recalled the many times her father had carelessly killed someone in front of her. Then her face steeled. “Do you hear me? Stay within your limits. It would be careless and downright foolish to even attempt to challenge me.” Kiley let Hermione drop to the ground, turning her back on her. “Now are you going to show me my room, or not?”

Hermione wordlessly showed Kiley to her room, glancing nervously at her the whole time. Kiley did not want it to come to that, but it did. And there was no other way around it. Plain and simple.

When they finally came to the room, Hermione gaped at her open mouthed, speechless. “What? Why did you get the only room with one bed?”

Kiley opened the door and sure enough, it was set up almost exactly like her old room. Meadow and everything.

“And, how exactly did you get a meadow in your room???” Hermione asked, venom coating her voice. Merlin, old habits die hard, Kiley thought as she walked over to her closet.

“It’s a simple spell really; I can change it to anything I want. Here, watch” and Kiley proceeded to change her room into a winter wonderland, complete with snow flakes and everything. The hitch? It wasn’t a bit cold.

Hermione turned swiftly on her heel and stalked out fuming.

Okay then.

Kiley shrugged her shoulders, glancing around her room. It was perfect. It even had the wolf pack that hung around in her meadow scene. Kiley walked over to her closet, taking off the pajamas and depositing them on the floor. She picked out a dark blue dress that came to just above her knee. It had the tiniest puff in the short sleeves, and all of the edges where outlined with white lace. On the high waist it had a ban of lace also. She pulled out her peep-toe sling back heels that had the braided design, with the cloth being white. She shook her hair out, and then glanced in the mirror. She nodded and stepped out of her room, closing the door softly behind her.

She headed down the hallway silently, knowing just where to go. When she got down the stairs she saw that Harry was dressed already, seeming to be waiting for something.

“Hey, Harry!” Kiley said, walking over to him, “Why aren’t you sleeping? It’s pretty early in the morning, and you don’t want to be groggy for Hogsmeade!”

“I was wondering if I could go with you to Diagon Alley? I need to pick up a couple things anyways.”

“Sure, I don’t mind. I don’t think Severus will either. Let’s go!” Kiley walked over to the portrait hole and climbed through it, Harry trailing after her.

That statement was far from true, actually. Severus was delighted at the prospect of spending the whole day with his daughter, even willing to sit through multiple trying on of different clothes. He had the whole day planned out. As he ran a comb through his hair in his office he relayed over everything. First they would get to Diagon Alley by riding in a muggle car that he loaned from some muggle company. Then he would show her how to tap the bricks behind the Leaky Cauldron. After the place opened up he would take her to Ollivander’s to get her first wand. Lord Voldemort had never bothered with it; having been content to take one of the Death Eaters wands’s when she needed one. She never used it anyways for it never did anything she wanted it to do. After Ollivander’s Severus would take her to Gringott’s and watch her face light up at the wonder of it all. Then shopping. He would get her everything, clothes, books, anything and everything, even a broom. After the shopping Severus figured that they would have enough time to head over to Hogsmeade and stop by some place to get something to eat. After that he would take her to the candy shop. Severus sighed. It was going to be a perfect day.

“Severus! Severus, do you mind if I take someone along with us?” Kiley asked, walking through the door. Her face was so eager that he couldn’t say no, even though it would be crushing every plan. Well, he reasoned, we could still do all that, even if she’s bringing a friend along. But who could she possible bring?? She hasn’t met any girls has she?

“Sure, who are you bringing?” Severus asked, picking up the foreign keys to the muggle vehicle. The muggle had been perplexed when Severus asked him how the car worked, but he showed him all the same.

“Harry,” Kiley said as Harry walked through the door.

Severus’s insides lit up with rage, but then he caught a glimpse of Kiley’s eager face, and everything calmed down. He rubbed the bridge of his nose.

“Okay,” Severus said, taking a deep breathe. “Let’s get going.”

Kiley was puzzled. She though Severus wouldn’t mind. But obviously he did. Kiley was touched though that he would endure Harry though, so she just walked over to Severus and gave him a hug.

Harry was amused by the exchange. This girl can do anything, can’t she? He thought when he saw Severus hug her back.

Severus hugged Kiley, enjoying the moment. Then he realized that Harry Potter of all people was standing there, watching him. Severus pulled back and cleared his throat, walking out the door quickly.

Kiley shrugged when she met Harry’s curious glance and walked out the door after Severus. Harry caught up with her and grabbed her hand, squeezing it. Kiley smiled the whole time.

On the way out, Severus glanced back a couple times, watching this strange scene unfold, wondering how everything was going to end. However it does end, it can’t be good, Severus thought with sadness.

When they got out of school boundaries, Severus led them to a black convertible. He got in the front seat and inserted the key into the ignition, proud of himself. Harry climbed into the back seat and Kiley sat in the front, knowing that Severus would want more than anything for her to sit by him. And Severus was delighted.

“Okay, so I thought that we would first go to the Leaky Cauldron, so I can show you how to tap the bricks and make Diagon Alley come alive…..” and Severus proceeded to explain the whole day, in detail. Kiley nodded once in a while, not really paying attention to him. She wanted to, but she just couldn’t. Her mind was else where. She was thinking of plenty of different things, for one she was thinking of Severus. She was also thinking about Harry and her father. Dumbledore and Draco. Lucius and Narcissa. Kiley stopped for a moment. How’s Narcissa doing? She wondered. Narcissa had been like a mother to her, Bellatrix had never been there when Kiley needed her. So Narcissa stepped in. that’s actually how she met Draco. Kiley remembered it like it was yesterday, even though she was around two years old.

Kiley was sitting there, playing with her purple stuffed dragon when Narcissa walked in. Kiley clapped her hands in delight when she walked in, glad that she had someone to play with. Severus was away at school and Kiley had had no one to watch or care for her. When Narcissa walked in, Kiley noticed a little boy was clinging to the back of Narcissa’s dress, a quizzical look on his face as he took Kiley in.

“Kiley, this is Draco. He’s your age, and he was wondering if you would play with him. Will you play with him Kiley?” Narcissa asked, prying the little boy’s hands from the back of her dress and scooting him forward so he was standing in front of Kiley. She looked at the boy, then back at Narcissa. Kiley smiled her wide, two teeth grin and nodded her head vigorously up and down.

Narcissa smiled and settled into a rocking chair, watching the two children play together.

When Kiley resurfaced she was smiling, remembering the way Draco had looked at her, his blonde hair was lighter than it was today, and his eyes more vivid.

Harry was watching Kiley with interest, knowing that she had gone under in one of her memories. Severus hadn’t noticed a thing, for he was still rambling on and on.

She went over the memory again, drawing new memories in the process.

“Kiley!” Draco shouted when he saw her walking across the court yard, her sapphire blue dress billowing slightly behind her brisk pace. Kiley stopped walking when she heard her name and looked towards the sound. Seeing Draco she smiled and ran towards him.

“Draco! What is it?” she asked when she got there, smiling at her dearest friend.

“C’mon, I wanna show you something!” Draco said, taking her hand and walking into a hallway. They walked down the hallway until they got to a closed door. Draco looked around then opened it, pulling Kiley with him.

“What is it? What do you hafta show me that is in a closet?” Kiley asked, looking around in puzzlement.

Draco took a deep breathe, “I actually don’t have anything to show you,” he said, looking down at the ground, a blush creeping over his neck. “I was wondering, I was wondering…”

“Draco, spit it out! I haven’t got all day!”

“ifyouwouldgooutwithme!” he cried, the words running together so it sounded like one word.

“If I would go out with you?” Kiley asked, her face etched with astonishment.

Draco nodded, the blush succeeding in taking over his face.

Kiley smiled sweetly. Yes!!! She cried inwardly.

“Yes, I’ll definably go out with you,” she kissed him on the cheek as his face lit up with happiness.

“Kiley? Kiley we’re here,” Severus said, waving his hand in front of Kiley’s face. Sure enough, they were at the Leaky Cauldron.

“Sorry, Severus. I was having a flash back.” Kiley opened the door and climbed out of the car, oblivious to Harry’s silent laughter.

She looked up at the building and thought, well, this isn’t much. And it wasn’t. It was worn out, run down, and looked like a place only drunks would go to. She thought the inside would be a little better, but of course it wasn’t.

“Severus, are you sure this is the place?” she asked, looking around.

“Yes, I am sure. Now follow me,” Severus said, walking in front of them briskly.

Harry took Kiley’s hand again as they walked. He lowered his voice so only Kiley could hear him and said, “What memories this time?”

Kiley blushed delicately. “You noticed?”

“Of course I noticed. It’s a wonder Snape didn’t!” Harry said, his eyes dancing with mirth.

“Oh, he didn’t notice?”

“No, now tell me the memories.” Harry said, squeezing her hand lightly.

“I don’t think you want to know,” she said, eyeing him warily. What would he think if she told him that she was thinking about Draco?

“Just tell me, please.”

“Okay, well I was thinking about everyone, and I do mean everyone, when I though of Narcissa…”

“Malfoy?” Harry asked, cutting her off

Kiley nodded her head and continued, “When I thought about how I met Draco for the first time,” she looked at Harry out of the corner of her eye, wondering what his response would be.

Harry nodded, “And the second memory?”

“When he asked me out,” Kiley said, blushing a deeper shade of crimson.

“Oh, I see…” Harry mumbled, looking at the back of Severus’s head.

“Yeah,” she said in response. They walked in silence for the rest of the couple seconds it took to get to the back of the store.

When they did get to the back, Severus opened a worn door and walked out into a little area.

“A brick wall?” Kiley asked, looking at the wall in confusion.

Severus smiled, happy that his plan was working so far. He whipped out his wand and tapped the wall in different places.

Suddenly the bricks began to move and rearrange themselves. They moved, twisted, and turned until they formed an archway, leading into a wide street that had many different shops flanking its sides.

“Wow,” Kiley breathed, taking everything in. Harry squeezed her hand and smiled, obviously enjoying the look on her face. Severus was enjoying it to, but he was a little angry that he had to share this moment with Harry Potter.