Aslan's Camp

CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10

The Beavers lead them out of the forest and towards a camp. Elizabeth walks in the back with Lucy. A horn is sounded causing Elizabeth to look up in amazement as she sees a centaur. Lucy touches Elizabeth's shoulder as they turn to see blossom leaves form into a person that waves at them. Elizabeth and Lucy smile before waving back. The further they journey into Narnia, the more Elizabeth falls in love with it. Elizabeth and Lucy catch up to Peter and Susan before Elizabeth and Peter share a look of amazement because of all of the creatures around them. The creatures start to stop their work and stare as they catch sight of the Pevensies.

"Why are they all staring at us?" Susan asks as the creatures start to follow them.

"Maybe they think you look funny," Lucy answers her causing Elizabeth and Peter to smile.

"We have come to see Aslan," Peter says as they stop in front of the biggest tent, with a centaur outside of it, and he unsheathes his sword. The centaur then looks over at the tent before all of the creatures bow.  A huge lion then appears from inside the tent, causing Lucy and Elizabeth to share a smile. The Pevensies then bow to the mighty lion.

"Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam. Welcome, Elizabeth, Susan, and Lucy, Daughters of Eve. And welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks," Aslan speaks causing Elizabeth to shiver at the power his tone held. "But where is the fifth?"

"That's why we're here, sir. We need your help," Elizabeth answers him as everyone stands.

"We had a little trouble along the way," Susan adds.

"Our brother's been captured by the White Witch," Peter explains.

"Captured? How could this happen?" Aslan questions.

"He betrayed them, Your Majesty," Mr. Beaver answers causing Elizabeth to look down.

"Then he has betrayed us all!" A centaur accuses.

"Peace, Oreius," Aslan orders. "I'm sure there's an explanation."

"It's my fault, really. I was too hard on him," Peter explains.

"We all were," Elizabeth adds as she rests a comforting hand on her brother's shoulder.

"Sir, he's our brother," Lucy says sadly.

"I know, dear one. But that only makes the betrayal all the worse. This may be harder than you think," Aslan explains before the Pevensies are escorted to their tents and given a change of clothes. The girls decide to go get washed up at a nearby stream. Peter is standing on a hill looking out at a marvelous castle.

"That is Cair Paravel, the castle of the five thrones," Aslan says as he joins Peter. "In one of which you will sit, Peter, as High King." Peter looks down sadly. "You doubt the prophecy?"

"No. That's just it. Aslan, I'm not what you all think I am," Peter answers him.

"Peter Pevensie, formerly of Finchley. Beaver also mentioned that you planned on turning him into a hat," Aslan says causing Peter to smile. "Peter, there is a Deep Magic, more powerful than any of us, that rules over all of Narnia. It defines right from wrong, and governs all our destinies. Yours... and mine."

"But I couldn't even protect my own family," Peter argues.

"You've brought them safely this far," Aslan tells him.

"With the help of Elizabeth, but even then not all of them," Peter says sadly.

"Peter, I will do what I can to help your brother, but I need you to consider what I ask of you. I, too, want my family safe," Aslan explains.