Chapter 4

Hey everyone! Thnx for voting and becoming a fan! Plz keep doing it, oh and commenting! This is only a real short chapter since I’ve got to help my parents round the house! Enjoy!

Zoeamar :~)

Chapter 4

I lay on the couch troubled for the rest of the morning as Nate slept on my lap. Did he say my name? Or was I imagining things? It was doing my head in. Even if he did say my name, I don’t know why it mattered. I’m sure I’ve said his name before in my sleep, because I always have random dreams where he and I are running from aliens and what not.

Jacob walked into the room and gave me a suspicious look.

“Well, well, what do we have here?” He grinned as he slowly made his way over.

I rolled my eyes and tried to smile but I knew I didn’t look that happy. I looked confused.

“HE’s sleeping. Resting, like the doctor told him to. You’d be tired if you were hit by a car” I said wryly, not meeting his eyes. I yawned and managed to get out from underneath Nate and quietly setting his head on the pillow.

Jacob slyly shifted on over towards Nate and suddenly yelled in his ear.

“NATE! WAKE UP!” He yelled so loud I had to block my ears.

Nate just rolled over in his sleep. I turned to glare at Jacob. IT wasn’t that hard to do since I do it so much. Jacob was like a little brother to me and he was very annoying.

I walked over to him angrily. “You done?”

He smiled happily, quite pleased with himself. As if it’s his life time goal to annoy me. “Yep!”

“Good” Then I slap him over the head.

“OW! What was that for?” He asked holding his head. Whoops, I wasn’t meant to hit him that hard.

I rolled my eyes again. “Because you’re purposely trying to wake your older brother up when he’s in pain!”

Jacob then gave me a strange look. “Yeah, he sure is in pain”

I froze at this. It was the way he said it. Like there was a double meaning. Like there was an inside joke I didn’t know about.

“What do you mean?” I narrowed my eyes at him. He shoved his hands in his pockets and kept his head down. “Nothing”

I curled my hands in fists at my sides. “Jacob, don’t lie to me. Don’t make me slap you again”

This time he laughed. But it wasn’t happy. It was more like an exhausted laugh, like he was tired.

“You already know it Amy. But I can’t tell you. I promised” He grinned this time fully, because this time he definitely knew I was going to be annoyed.

Taking deep breaths I tried to calm myself.

“Jacob, what on earth are you talking about?”

He tensed and the grin vanished from his face, leaving the face of a young confused boy.

“I can’t tell you. But I really need you to try and guess it Amy. It’s hurting him!” He suddenly grabbed me by the sides and was shaking me so hard it hurt.

“What! Who is him?” I was starting to yell and I could see my sisters behind us watching in awe.

Jacob looked at my sisters and waved. He then walked off.

But just as he passed by me, he managed to whisper something under his breath that was meant for only me to hear.

“Guess it. Now before it’s too late”

I was left standing alone in the lounge room, even more confused. So confused I could almost feel like tears coming. So I sat down on the floor beside the couch and stroked Nate’s hair hoping to comfort him, since he seemed to be tossing and turning a lot. The last thing I noticed was that my head was hurting more now…

*             *            *         *          *

What will happen next and what was Jacob talking about? Anyway! Plz comment, vote and become a fan. It’ll make me upload quicker! Also, if you want me to check out your stories just ask!!!!!!