Chapter 5

Hey everyone! I’m doing a new challenge where with each new chapter, the first person to comment gets the next chapter dedicated to them. Also I may throw in some things like being able to make up a new characters name or appearance!

Thnx for all the support and plz keep reading, commenting voting and become fans! Also, tell ya friends!

Zoeamar :~)

Chapter 5

Nat was slowly starting to wake up from his short nap and it was already ten in the morning. I got up off the floor and felt something in my pocket. I stuck my hand in and my fingers brushed something cold and smooth.

I pulled out the little snow globe that I’d managed to find last night. I shook it gently and watched the little golden flakes shimmer down. It was so pretty. It was like I had my own little piece of Fiji with me.

“Watcha got there?” Mumbled Nate, his voice still thick with sleep. He squinted at the globe in my hand and a grin lit up his face.

“How’d you find it? I thought it’d be broken in my luggage!” He was suddenly so vibrant and happy that I’d completely forgotten how he’d acted this morning.

“It was on the ground” I said, studying the globe closer. I looked beneath it and engraved on the bottom there was some writing.

Au domoni iko” I spoke it out loud. I turned my head to Nate.

“What’s it mean?”

Nate seemed to duck his head and wouldn’t meet my eyes. “Err….keep smiling”

I thought about this for a moment. “Cool. Who’s it for?”

He laughed and tapped the word Amy that was on the snow globe. “You, silly!”

I gave him a big hug and when I tried to pull away he wouldn’t let go.

“Ummm…Nate, what are you doing?” I asked strangely.

He released me instantly with his eyes wide. “Sorry!”

Sorry for what? I just laughed and decided we should watch a movie.

I made my way over to the TV cabinet and yanked out some movies.

“What do you want to watch?” I asked Nate. He was gathering some blankets and pillows to make a comfortable bed for himself on the couch.

“How about…..hmmmm….. the Simpsons movie?” He asked.

I raised an eyebrow. “How old are you, ten?”

He just laughed. I grumbled in annoyance as I slid the Simpsons movie into the dvd player and turned it on.

The screen started playing instantly and I instantly wondered where to sit. I laid down on the ground, but then again, that’s not that comfortable.

“Pass me a pillow Nate” I held my hand up so he could hand me one. I waited a bit but no pillow was handed to me.

“Can’t, only got one”

I sat up and narrowed my eyes teasingly. “You have like six!”

He looked around in fake surprise. “You’re right. I must have missed them. Oh well, I need them anyway”

I gave him my signature evil grin which he says I do every time I have a brilliant idea.

I snatched at a pillow. Success! I pulled it away when I realised Nate was holding onto the other end with a challenging smile, showing all his perfect teeth.

Was it worth it? I ask myself. Hell yes!

I pulled with all my might, but Nate held tight. He gave it a sudden yank and I was jerked forward onto the couch, landing right on top of Nate.

Nate instantly tensed and I froze. His eyes were wide with shock but none of us moved. He felt so warm and I felt like just staying like this when I realised what was happening. I blushed deeply and I quickly rolled off and landed with a thud on the floor for the second time that day. I scrambled onto my knees and rushed forward to the TV, since it was on the DVD menu and pressed play.

I managed to sneak a look back at Nate, who was still lying frozen on the couch. He barely looked like he’d moved at all.

The music started for the theme song and the movie continued on in silence. Not one of us made a sound. I started thinking about what Jacob had said. Guess no, it’s hurting him. Did he mean Nate is hurting? I tried so hard to put the pieces together but it just didn’t fit.

Had Jacob been saying that I had to guess what was hurting him? Nate did seem different since he came back. I tried to think of all the comments that Jacob had made. About me and Nate. Also Nate said my name in my sleep.

Did Jacob mean to say that I had to guess that Nate was in love with me? No, it must be wrong. He’s like a brother to me. Nothing more. I shook the thought out of my head but decided I’d make sure to talk to Jacob later.

“I’ll be back in a sec” Nate’s loud voice made me jump. I nodded my head mutely and kept my eyes on the screen. About a minute after I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and was surprised to see Jacob standing over me.

“You guessed yet?” He asked seriously.

I stood up off the floor. “You’re wrong”

“About what?” HE asked a bit confused. He had a piece of buttered toast in one hand and hot chocolate in the other. Where was all this hot chocolate coming from? Focus, Amy!

“Nate does not…” My throat closed up. I couldn’t say it. “He doesn’t like me more than anything other than a friend” I said through clenched teeth.

Jacobs face lit up. “You guessed it! I knew you would! And I’m so right”

“You’re wrong” I hissed. I was not in a good morning mood.

Jacob took a long slurp of his hot chocolate. “He does like you. He has for ages, you’ve just been oblivious. So every time you call him your brother it’s like you slapping him in the face”

I started feeling very sick in my stomach and started backing away. I felt so confused. Jacob was lying. He always lied.

“I’m not lying” It was like he read my mind.

“You are! I know Nate…he wouldn’t…you’re lying!” I was almost yelling now.

Just then Nate walked back into the room. “Hey Amy, I brought you a hot chocolate, do you-“

I could feel tears brimming in my eyes and if there’s one thing I didn’t want, that was to cry in front of Jacob. He’d never let me hear the end of it.

I ran off, tripping up the stairs and locked my bedroom door behind me. I lay down on my bed and started to cry. Jacob was lying. I held the little snow globe in my hand and looked at the writing on the bottom. Nate had lied. I knew it meant something else. But what?...