Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“What the hell?” I gasped out loud, still trying to stop myself from having a heart attack right then and there.

“What the hell yourself Amy! What are you doing down here at this time?” Nate exclaimed squinting in the light that filled the room. His hair was messed up and brushing at the tips of his eyes which were troubled.

“I-“ I started to mumble. “Wait…what are you doing here?”

Nate shrugged. “ Bad dream…um…came down here…must have kind of sleep walked down here?” I wasn’t sure who he was trying to convince. me or himself.

“You. Sleep walking. Right” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“It’s possible” He was looking at the ground.

“Something interesting down there?” I asked sarcastically lifting his face up gently.

“Not as interesting as up here” He gave me a dazzling smile and I was confused for a second.

“Wait-What?” I stuttered. What had he said?

The smile left his face in an instant and those beautiful green eyes were troubled again. I didn’t like to see him upset.

“I…said something?” He said looking surprised.

I shrugged and forgot about it.

“I was down here because I thought someone was trying to kill me” I explained.

Nate laughed and rubbed his head. “And that’s why you hit me with a shoe?”

I smiled. “Exactly”

Then a thought struck up in my head.

“Hey Nate” I started looking away uncomfortably, letting my eyes lay on that cushion that tripped me on the floor. I hated that pillow.

“Yeah?”

I bit my lip. “You’re brother told me something earlier…” I continued nervously.

I watched Nate go rigid and his face turn to stone.

I put my hands on his shoulders. “No! It’s ok! It was just something stupid he told me. Probably a lie to annoy me. You know Jacob” I laughed and stopped when he didn’t.

“What did he say?” He said looking at me with large eyes. He was shaking and I felt a little scared.

“Um…he said…” I wondered if I should tell him. It would upset him and he didn’t need to know his brothers stupid pranks, right?

“That you hate cheese” I pulled out something randomly.

Nate froze for a second. Then he burst out laughing so hard he was clutching his sides.

“That’s what you wanted to tell me? That’s what Jacob told you?” He chuckled.

“Yep” I said conjuring up a smile.

“That’s funny, because I thought he-“

Nate’s face then went serious again.

“What?”

“Nothing” he replied solemnly.

“You can tell me anything Nate. You know that. You’re my…best friend” I replied frowning at my hesitation. 

Nate smiled again warmly. “I know I can Amy. I just-“

Nate had his mouth open but nothing was coming out. Like he’d ran out of words.

“I understand Nate. It’s fine-“

“No it’s not fine Amy” He said determinedly with a fierceness in his eyes.

He brushed his hand lightly at the side of my face and a shiver ran down my spine.

He leaned towards me and my breath caught in my throat and my heart started to race.

“What are you guys doing down here?!” My mum yelled as she walked through the door.

Hey guys, thnx for sticking with me. I really want to make this story more popular and better so tell your friends and give me any feed back that you think is good.

What will happen next in the story? I’l update the sooner I get more votes comments and fans I get!

Bye! Zoeamar J