Chapter 18

Hey! So I’m really happy with the sudden support of my story :) And please know that I do try to write as quick as I possibly can and that I’m not ignoring you :D And yes, the story looks a bit sad write now, but it’s going to pick up real soon!!!

Anyway, so I hope you like this chapter!

Chapter 18

Dizzyland. The funniest place on the planet!

 I cringed at the cheap banner hanging below the Theme park’s sign. Even though it was early in the morning the park was already full of children holding fairy floss and dragging their parents onto rides.

 Jacob groaned, glaring at the line for tickets. “I thought getting here early would be a smart idea!”

 “Seems like everyone else thought that too” I pointed out, watching a child crying over their lost balloon, which was now only a faint dot in the sky, getting ever so further away.

 The twins didn’t seem that disheartened and raced to the back of the line with big smiles on their faces. It made me slightly happier to notice them having fun. It occurred to me that I should be at least making an effort to look happy, for their sake.

 “Ok, let’s get some tickets” I said and realized how robotic my voice had sounded. Nate and Jacob both looked at me with suspicious looks, as if I had some sort of ulterior motive.

 I blinked at their expressions. “What?”

 “Nothing. Amy’s right, we can’t just stand here” Nate spoke quietly and walked up behind my sisters.

 I on the other hand was frozen. He’d said my name. It was something so small and insignificant that it shouldn’t have shocked me, yet it did. I hadn’t heard him use my name without being angry with me for a while.

 My chest ached and I realized that it was because I missed it. I missed him. I missed our friendship.

 I shook myself away from these thoughts and went to stand in line.

*            *            *

“It’ll be fun! Come on!!!” Jacob pleaded, on the verge of being on his knees.

I shook my head for almost the tenth time. “I’m not going on that death trap!”

 He pointed at the steel rollercoaster behind me. “That is not a death trap! It is a beautiful magnificent creation! It is our destiny to ride that coaster!”

 “Destiny?” I questioned, feeling slightly amused.

 “Destiny” He replied seriously.

 I frowned, looking to the others for support. My sisters shook their heads rapidly, trembling at the sight of the rollercoaster. Nate was staring at it with a vacant look.

 "Get Nate to go on it with you” I suggested lightly, hoping Nate would be too busy in his thoughts to hear me.

 Instead his gaze was on me in a second, searching my face again to see what possible hidden motive I may have, before turning to his brother.

 “Sorry Jacob, I’ve eaten WAY too many corndogs to even go near that thing. Unless you want me to throw up on-“

 “Woah! Way too much information bro” Jacob held up his hands in disgust and I let out a small laugh at his face.

 Jacob turned his attention back to me. “I’ll pay you. I’m talking cold hard cash…how about…. $2.00!!!!”

 I smiled shaking my head. “If you want to go on it so badly, just go by yourself!”