Chapter 6

Hey guys! Sorry it’s been a long time since I’ve uploaded, but the new years been real busy and I haven’t even been near the computer for weeks, so please forgive me. I’m glad you guys are liking the story and please keep telling me what you think about it! Thanks!

Zoeamar :-D

Chapter 6

I hate it when you wake up and realise that the great dream you were having wasn’t real. Well, in my world, I would have liked a nightmare more than reality. I woke up with a splitting headache and when I looked in the mirror I could only see blotchy red eyes. Curse you tears!

I looked out the window and then back to my clock. 3:00am. What the hell? My sleeping is messed up. A heard a thump downstairs that made me freeze.

What goes bump in the night?

A burglar duh! Or else it might be a murderer!

I calmed myself down and tried to think of logical reasons for a person to be moving around the house at 3:00am.

Huh, not many reasons.

Grab a weapon! I was speaking to myself in panic. My eyes scanned the room and found nothing.

What should I grab?!!! I yelled at myself. I heard another sound, someone walking on the floorboards. This was just like one of those horror movie things, where the girl goes downstairs and finds blood, and then you hear her scream, and there’s suspense music and-

Calm down! Yeesh! Find something! Part of my common sense yelled at me.

I got down on all fours and looked under my bed. My fingers brushed against something and I pulled it out. My school shoe. Good enough.

You’re going to take them down…with a  SHOE!!!

That’s the plan

I opened my bedroom door and slowly sneaked out to the top of the staircase. I peeked my head out from the hallway and could see a dark figure pacing downstairs. I let out a small squeak, so quiet I barely heard it myself. The figure froze.

I pulled myself back in and hid behind the wall, my breathing fast.

And my common sense was back. Well that was smart. Now we’re going to die.

I thought you were the smart positive part of me?!

Yeah, well you’re screwed kid.

Thanks for nothing! I yelled in my head, before realising I was arguing with myself.

I poked my head out again and felt my stomach drop. The dark room was empty. I could almost hear the dark music in my head, urging me to go down stairs.

I tiptoed down the stairs pausing each time I heard the smallest sound. My bare feet touched the carpet and I stood very still for a minute, listening. Nothing.

I slowly walked through the dark living room and tripped on a pillow on the floor and went flying into the couch, making a big thud. I scrambled to my feet and ran, hiding then behind a wall.

Smooth Amy, real smooth

Hey! It’s pitch black! Give me a break! I argued back.

I heard fast footsteps running into the lounge room and I held my breath behind the wall.

I’m gonna die! I’m gonna die!

Hey, to make you feel better, you’ll die trying.

What do you mean?

Throw the god damn shoe at their head!

Oh…

“Who’s there?” A low deep voice came out of the darkness. I could hear heavy breathing on the other side of the wall. It was only a wall between a possible killer and me.

I gripped the shoe tighter in my hand not daring to move.

Just stay still and you’ll be fine. My common sense comforted me.

Shouldn’t I run?

No. That would be stupid and noisy.

“I know you’re here. Come out come out where ever you are” The voice almost sounded teasing, and then again it also sounded dead serious.

I stayed completely still until I realised they were coming around the wall to me.

Now do we run?

Umm…Yes.

I sprinted down the hall towards the kitchen and it was actually nosier than I thought. The figure caught on and ran around the wall and saw me.

“Hey! Come back here!” They demanded.

Run!

I am running!

Well run faster!

I practically dived into the kitchen because the guy, I’m pretty sure it was a guy now, was right after me. There was a counter in the middle, which I ran past, and out into the other corridor.

I didn’t stop running until I reached the dining room, which had about a hundred places to hide in, but I had no time. I could running feet coming down the hallway at an alarming rate and I quickly went through the dining room and ended back up in the lounge room.

I was running so fast when all of the sudden I was falling. The ground slipped from beneath me and I was sent flying onto the couch again. Damn that pillow to hell!

I knew there was no chance now. The man had just run into the room. I backed my way up to the wall and pressed myself against it.

Get the shoe ready. Die like a man!

But I’m not a man. I pointed out.

You know what I mean!

The figure walked over to me and was standing over me now. I cringed away from them and my hand brushed over the light switch.

I made a last minute choice and flicked it on. Light blinded my eyes and I could barely see. But I was already throwing the shoe at the guy’s head and was satisfied when I heard it thud against his head.

My eyes slowly unblurred and my breath got caught in my throat.

“Ouch…” I heard a groan and I was gasping. I was again, looking into those familiar green eyes.

“Amy?” Nate moaned in confusion.