Tell me you love me

Chapter 1

It had been two months since I'd last seen him. Two months of missing him and finally my best friend was coming back. I was standing in the air port hopping from one foot to another in excitement as I tried to see over the sea of heads that were waiting for their loved ones.

I was waiting for Nate. My BFF since like forever. He was like the brother I never had, considering I live in a family with two other younger sisters who are very annoying. Numerous times I have talked with Nate, trying to compromise having him traded for Jamie and Jessica.

We are as close as you can get. Neighbours, we see each other pretty much everyday. So two months without Nate was total torture. I missed his warmth when he gave me hugs, which lifted me off my feet since I was so small. I missed his happy grin and uplifting mood around the house. I was tingling with the thought of having him back.

I tried to shove pass some people to get to the front but got stuck behind some oldies. I really have this thing against old people, I just find them real annoying and these ones were ticking me off.

The old lady and man were fussing over who was their son.

"Is that him over there? No he has brown hair...urrr...I think" The old lady mumbled, outstretching a wrinkly finger.

"No you old hag" Scolded the man. "He's bald!"

The lady slowly turned to face him. "Noooooo...I clearly remember him with brown hair"

"You can't remember anything...urrr...what's your name again?" The old man stuttered.

I sighed in frustration. "Ummm....excuse me? Could I get through!"

The old lady turned on me and for a second reminded me of an ugly witch. "Be quiet you young hippie you!"

I pushed past them and that's when I saw his familiar green eyes in the crowd.

"NATE!!!!" I screamed out and ran forward to give him a huge hug, nearly knocking him over.

He chuckled beneath my arms and I felt warm and happy again.

"Hey Amy!!! It's good to be back. Urrr...you can let go now" He laughed.

I looked up into his green eyes and grinned. "I've got two months of hugs worth to make up!!!"

"I missed you too" He gripped me tighter before releasing me.

"How was Fiji? Enjoy the sun? It must be better than here in rainy old Coupeville! Oh I wish I could have gone with you!" I squealed in excitement. He was really here!

He dragged me along out of the large group of people.

"You couldn't have come. You've still got your exams, anyway" He said playfully, in a teasing way. Nate was a year older than me and he'd already finished all his exams, so he got to go on holidays, which is REAL unfair if you asked me. I tried to convince him into sneaking into his suitcase but he told me that security might be a little annoyed about someone going through the x-ray machine.