Heart to Heart to Heart

After my incident with Alexander, I returned to Ace and Archer who were talking to a couple of this pack's children. When I approached the children beamed happily at me.

"Hey, Kathryn!" A young girl called. I smiled at her brightly.

"Hello, Sweetheart. What are you guys up to?" I asked leaning my shoulder against the tree beside me. The way they all looked up at me with such adoration, it made my heart clench from happiness and worries from the incident before began fading away into the back of my mind. Surely Liam wouldn't believe whatever Alexander was saying. 

"We are about to play hide-and-seek. Do you want to play?" Ace claimed happily. Hide-and-seek, such a classical game, but it never gets old. At least not in my world.

"I'd love to," I grinned. "Who's the seeker?"

"Marcel is," the girl explained and nodded her head to a blonde boy, who smiled at me.

"Okay, then. Let's begin."

We all spent hours outside, playing in the fresh air, until it got too cold and too dark for the young pups to see anything. I had hidden almost everywhere: up in a tree, on a roof of a house, in the crowd of other wolves, behind different corners and bushes. Eventually, they would all find me wherever I hid, but I was never once a seeker.

"KATHRYN!" I turned my head away from the group of children who were arguing who was the seeker, to see a scared Ivy running in my direction. I took a few steps forward meeting her half way.

"Ivy. What's wrong?" I asked with worry. She took a few starting breaths.

"Liam..."

"What about Liam, Ivy?" I inquired, frowning. Ivy shook her head and grabbed my hand instead, dragging me after her as she ran back to the house. As soon as I stepped inside the foyer I saw wolves gathered around.

And Liam and Jaq in the middle wrestling, Liam on top.

"What's going on?" I asked, surprised, and turned to Ivy with questioning eyes.

She shrugged. "I don't know. Dad said something to Liam and the next thing I know, Liam called Jaq out and was all at his throat." Liam believed whatever his father told him? Even I didn't understand exactly what Alexander accused me of!

I stepped forward. "Liam! Liam, stop!" I called and walked to the wrestling men. I need your help, I called for my wolf. I felt her give me some strength and I placed my hands on Liam's shoulders pulling him off of Jaq. It wouldn't have worked if Liam had fought me, but he had been fighting Jaq. 

"Liam, stop!" I hissed at him and pushed him backwards, standing between him and Jaq. Liam's darkened eyes shifted to me.

"What the fuck is going on, Kathryn?" he growled and I looked at him in shock.

"Mind telling me that? Because I'm confused as well. Why did you fight him?" I asked, nodding behind me at Jaq, who wiped blood from under his nose.

"What is going on with you and him?" Liam questioned, with a look of disgust.

"Me and him? Nothing! What's going on?"

Alexander now stepped into the little circle. "Liar!" I looked at him. That's what Jaq had told him?

Now I turned around, ready to attack Jaq myself as well. "You!" I accused and glared at him. "What did you do? What lies did you spread?" He stayed emotionless, staring at me. "What did you say?"

"I'm sorry-"

"What?" Liam asked in shock. 

"I was jealous, a bit. And Kathryn is a lovely woman. I just... I knew Alexander hated her so I said some more things," Jaq admitted, looking at me. "I'm sorry, Luna."