History

I miss you. I chuckled and bit my lip, trying to walk calmly with a straight face. You know what I'm thinking about

I snorted now, trying my hardest to look normal, walking between a lot of familiar wolves, who are already giving me attention. You do realize you're making it harder for me as well? I asked him.

Well we can't exactly have that, now can we? I should tell Jaq to just butt off and come to you. Liam decided.

Liam! No! I mentally laughed. I'm going to see Jon and his family right now anyways. They invited me over.

So I have to suffer here?

Liam, you left 15 minutes ago.

He snorted. 15 minutes? It seems longer.

Shush. Now get back to work.

Fine. I'll see you back in that nicely made bed again then. I blushed and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, trying my hardest not to laugh loudly. I never expected Liam to be like this. Maybe this was him after mating. If he was going to be like this for an eternity, it'll be easier for me to change his ways. Which reminds me, I need to talk to him about it some day.

I finally saw another wooden cottage, where Jon stood on the doorway. He greeted me with a smile. "Hello, Noelle."

"Hey, Jon," I answered.

"Glad to see our Luna has time for visits like this," he joked. I snorted and nodded.

"If Liam had anything to do with it, I wouldn't," I muttered. Luckily he didn't seem to quite catch on to what I meant. He gestured me forward and I stepped into the cottage. Cottages like this were made of three rooms: the living room which was connected with the kitchen, the master bedroom and the other bedroom for the children.

I was taken to the living room, where the woman I saw yesterday sat on the sofa, trying to calm down a crying Belle. Michael, who looked like an exact copy of his father, sat on the floor, playing with wooden toys.

"Hello," I spoke softly and everyone's eyes were on me.

"Baby, this is Kathryn," Jon spoke, walking to his mate. The woman gave Jon the small crying baby girl and walked over to me with a smile.

"Hello, Kathryn. I'm Eve," she introduced and held her arms open. I smile and hugged her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Eve," I said and she nodded with a smile. She stepped to the side and looked at the boy on the ground, who was studying me.

"Michael, please come say hi," Eve instructed and the boy stood up and walked over to his mother. He half-hid behind Eve's leg, peering up at me.

"Hello," the boy spoke clearly. For a moment there, it reminded me of how I had found Adam. I mentally shook that thought out of my mind and crouched down in front of Michael.

"Hello, Michael. I'm your aunt, Kathryn," I introduced and held my hand out to him. He smiled a toothy smile and placed his hand in mine.

"Hello, aunt Kathryn," he said and I giggled. He was so adorable. He pulled his hand from mine and ran back to his father, clinging onto his jeans.

Jon smiled at me warmly. "Sorry. He's a bit shy at first," Jon explained. 

"Reminds me of someone else I know," I chuckled and stood up straight again. Jon shrugged innocently.

"Would you like some coffee?" Eve offered me.

"Um, I'd actually prefer some tea," I said quietly, rubbing my palms together. Eve grinned and walked over to the kitchen corner.

Jonathan chuckled. "Still haven't gotten over your thing for coffee?"

"It tastes gross, Jon. There's nothing that can change my mind," I snorted and walked out of the doorway and more inside

"Sure. Whatever you say. Most people still love it," Jonathan argued and then smiled brightly. "This sounds like the old days."

"Almost," I agreed and then frowned. "Is Tom..." I couldn't say the word, afraid of getting confirmation to it.

"No, he's not dead. He's very much alive and I'm sure he'll be glad to find out you're okay as well," Jonathan smiled. "He does visit sometimes. But he's got a mate as well, along with a couple adorable children."

I let out a relieved sigh and nodded. "How often does he visit?"

"Not all that often. He's a big Alpha now. His mate turned out to be a Luna," Jon explained and I widened my eyes in surprise, before nodding understandingly. I guess that kind of a thing almost like runs in the family. Only Jon got out of the curse of the duties of an Alpha.

Eve walked back to me with a steaming cup of peppermint tea. "Oh, please sit down, Kathryn. I don't want to make you feel like a stranger in here," Eve instructed and nudged her head to the armchair to the right of me.

"Thank you," I answered and moved to sit down, careful with my yet sore body. "So please, tell me about yourselves. It's been almost eight years."

Jonathan smiled and nodded. "First me and Tom were taken by the pack that... attacked us. We stayed there unwillingly for about two years, before a visiting pack found out that Tom was the Alpha's daughter's mate. Tom was sold to them for some amount of money. I was bought here another year later, basically for my skills as a warrior. Dad had taught us well," Jonathan smiled. I nodded. "Then I met Eve and we have had two lovely kids."

"Wow," I smiled. "Your life turned out pretty well, considering what your past was."

Jonathan smiled lovingly at his mate and children and nodded. "I think so too. What about you? What did you do for almost a decade?"

"After mom ordered me to run, I escaped into the forest and I have lived there for all that time. Then one day, I heard an attack on a nearby pack. I went there the next day, going to see the damages. A little bit later, Liam's men found me and dragged me back here," I explained, leaving out all the dead bodies and Adam. "From there on I think everyone in this pack already knows the story."

"You lived in the forest, alone, for 8 years?" Eve asked in shock. I sipped the hot tea and nodded. "Why didn't you go to that nearby pack?"

"I couldn't. I found it unfair to go to another pack after my first had died. It felt disrespectful," I answered silently.

"But Liam is going to make you join this one." Eve's remark was right.

"I just hadn't thought of that."