Girls' Day Out

It's difficult waking up alone, when I'm used to waking up in the warm arms of my mate. I open my eyes and look around the dim lighting. November and December are the times that it is dark, whether it's morning or afternoon. You never know what time it is.

I flicked on the bedside lamp and looked around the room in confusion. My attention was, of course, caught by a bouquet of roses. I sat up and picked took them off of Liam's pillow, eyeing them. The large bunch was tied together by a black silky ribbon. Under the ribbon, there was a folded piece of paper.

I pulled it out, running my hand over the neat scribble.

When you wake up, I won't be there to kiss you goodmorning, which is what I regret most right now. But it's for a good thing, I promise. I'll be away a whole day, not even reachable through mind-link. Ivy has been given orders to entertain you. I'll see you before dinner. - Liam

I don't know if it's really me, or just the matebond, but I felt sadder the moment I began reading. I wasn't going to see him for a whole day. I guess lately, Liam has just been spoiling me the tiniest bit, being next to me most of the time.

Luckily Ivy is still here, because I can't spend time with Jon either. Jon is off volunteering for the pack that had asked for help and Eve took the time to visit her mother with Michael and Belle. Almost an entire week has been spent with only Liam.

I climbed out of bed and strutted over to the bathroom. The cold floor beneath my bare feet made me shiver and I quickly hopped onto the carpet inside the closet. If Liam wasn't going to be here, I don't really have to waste much time for looking good.

I lazily threw on a pair of sweatpants and a grey t-shirt. When I walked out yawning, I was almost immediately tackled down. I gasped and wrapped my arms around the petite body, to hold myself straight.

"Ivy!" I gasped and she took a step back, giggling.

"Sorry. It's just been a while since we've had an entire day for girl things," she grinned innocently and clapped her hands together. Her eyes then studied my outfit and she frowned. "Oh hell no. Get back in there and change into something presentable. I'm taking you into the town," she chimed and skipped out of the bathroom.

I stared after her in confusion, then took a look at my clothes. I thought this was a lazy day.

No chance of that, sweetheart. My wolf mocked. I sighed and walked back into the closet, only to exit a few minutes later, wearing a pair of blue skinny jeans, a white button down shirt and beige foldover ankle boots. On my way out, I had also grabbed a leather trim jacket. I yanked a hairbrush through my hair and walked back into the bedroom, shrugging on the jacket.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked and Ivy jumped up from the seat in front of the fireplace. I noticed a vase on the fireplace and my roses were placed in it. Good job, Ivy.

"There's this lovely bakery in the city. I want to go there, have breakfast with you. Then I'm taking you to the movies. From there on we'll have a simple lunch, nothing too big, and we'll make it back by dinner time," Ivy explained and I stared in amazement.

"I've never been to the movies," I admitted silently.

"I figured you hadn't, or at least hadn't for a long time. That's why I decided to do it with you," she said and smiled.

"Thank you, Ivy. I appreciate it," I answered, with the most thankful look I could manage on my face. She nodded eagerly and grabbed my hand.

"Now, let's go!"

Within only seconds I was seated in Ivy's fancy car. That's really all I could tell you, because eight years in the forest, I don't really see much cars and their brands. Ivy turned up the heat, the radio and started the ignition.

"Put on your seatbelt," Ivy instructed. I chuckled and did as she said, pulling it across my body. "It's kind of a long drive, so the radio is going to play in the background, so it wouldn't be all awkward the entire road."

"Okay, Ivy. I'm still not in a car for the exact first time," I told her and she giggled.

"I'm sorry. Didn't want to make you feel bad."

"More like weird than bad," I told her with a small smile. She nodded and drove out of her space in the underground garage and straight onto the road. She was an experienced driver and I felt good driving with someone that experienced for the first time in a while again. At least I didn't spend the entire drive maniacally clinging onto the seat.

It bothered me, however, how slow the car moved. Even I ran faster than Ivy's car drove. I mentioned that multiple times to Ivy and she just laughed.

I leaned back in my seat, keeping my eyes on the forest rushing by. I didn't even notice time pass, but suddenly the forest disappeared and was replaced by a bunch of tall houses, pushed side-by-side. I studied them all. It was all so new to me: their different sizes, colors and shapes. Ivy looked neutral though.

She stopped in front of one of the smallest houses here, with a cotton pink sign that read: Heavenly's Bakery. I looked at the cute house in awe. There were white tables under the shop windows, all full of people. I followed Ivy out of the car and into the building. A small ding from the door let an elderly woman behind the counter know of our arrival.

"Ivy!" she grinned excitedly. As Ivy reached the counter, she reached over and they shared a hug.

"Hello, Heavenly! It's nice to see you again," Ivy gushed. I stood behind Ivy a bit until she pulled me forward. "This is Kathryn. She's with Liam."

The woman called Heavenly looked amused. "Someone can stand that hot-tempered Alpha? I'm impressed. You must be the mate," she said and I looked at her in shock. By her scent, I knew she was human. Humans rarely know of werewolves and vampires and that shit.

"Heavenly is a friend of our pack, Kathryn. She babysits the pups often and takes care of us. She was my babysitter as well as Liam's," Ivy explained.

"Oh. It's a pleasure," I said and stretched out my hand. She basically slapped it away and pulled me into a hug. It would've been awkward, but that friendly motherly aura that flowed off of her made my heart melt.

After the hug was broken, Heavenly turned to Ivy. "Now, what can I help you with?" she asked with a friendly smile. "The usual?"

"The usual for me, but Kathryn has never had any of your bakings, so could you maybe surprise her with something?" Ivy offered, leaning against the counter.

"I have just the thing! And do you want tea or coffee, darling?"

"Tea, please," I answered and gave her a thankful smile.

"Sure thing! I'll bring your items to your table."