Wise Girl

I already said this, but I'm so happy where this has gone. #56 in Fantasy, #186 in Werewolf. Your comments always make my day brighter and I walk around with a smile. I love you all so much!

Liam's POV

"Maybe we should just give up, her scent is already disappearing and we can't pick it up anymore," Jaq suggested. I growled and shook my head.

"Find her. I need her with me," I snapped and hid my face in my hands, elbows against the table. It's been three days since she left. Three whole days that I have lived in knowing that I did something which made her leave. I had come back from searching and now men were taking turns, seaching, so no one would become too tired.

After we found the bonfire she had made, her scent disappeared. At some point, we picked it up again, but then it disappeared again.  It was nerverecking and I was angry and depressed. I couldn't even work on anything. There were troubles and matter that needed my attention, but all I could do was send out more men to search for Kathryn.

Ivy was still angry with me. She wouldn't talk to me anymore and my mother looks disappointed. My parents try to do the work I can't focus on right now, but they aren't the leaders of this pack anymore.

My mind won't just focus on anything for more than five seconds, before they drift off again. I'm worried about Kathryn, more than angry with her running. She's a young, unmarked female werewolf on the run. If some rogues were to cross her road... I couldn't think about it. 

How could that wolf, Jon, be so fucking stupid to let her leave?! It's all his fault. If he had done his fucking job correctly, she'd have been found already. She wouldn't have gotten such a head start and we'd catch her scent again!

It made me growl, thinking of that werewolf. "Take Jon to the cells," I snapped to my Beta, who stood in front of desk, waiting for further orders. He'll get a fitting punishment.

Jaq bowed his head slightly. "Yes, Alpha." He walked away and I raised my tired eyes from my palms. I needed some sort of activity. I needed something to take my mind off of all of this, something that would tire me out.

Vera, report to my bedroom. Now.

**

Ivy's POV

I walked down the hallway, towards Liam's bedroom. I needed to talk to him, but I couldn't find him in his study. Half way there, I saw a blonde girl walk out of the room, a sheet wrapped around her naked body. She noticed me and her eyes turned wide. What has he done?!

"Get the fuck out of here," I growled to her. She quickly scurried off and I angrily stomped into Liam's room. He was under the covers, naked, a hand thrown across his eyes.

"What the fuck was that, Liam?! Kathryn is missing and you're here entertaining youself with other women, who aren't your mate! Get your fucking grip together here!" I screamed at him. He raised his hand from his eyes and I saw the tears in them.

I have absolutely never, ever seen him cry. I've seen him angry, a lot. I've seen him happy, mostly when he was younger. I've seen him look at Kathryn with those puppy eyes I've never seen anywhere else. I've seen him calm and him raged. I've seen every emotion of his besides sadness or grief. Right now, I didn't know if he was sad or grieving.

"I didn't do it. I couldn't," he said and sniffeled. I sighed and sat on the edge of his bed. "I thought I could do it. Do what she said in that letter, but all I can think about is what I did to her and I just can't do it. I don't remember what I did and it hurts me."

I sighed and looked down. "You love her?"

He turned his teary eyes to me and it broke me to see him like this. "I think I do, Ivy. I need her back, sister."

I sighed and nodded. "I was told that they picked up her scent again. She's circling all around," I spoke. His eyes lit up and he sat up straight. "I think she doesn't know where to go. There's still a chance she'll come back or we'll find her."

He shifted under his covers and threw his arms around my shoulders. "Thank you, Ivy."

**

I walked around the entire compound, between cottages and just on our land. I couldn't get my brother's broken look out of my mind and it hurt me. I walked all the way to the South border and sighed. Liam had ordered that guard, Jon, to be taken to the cells. I don't know what he's gonna do, but I don't exactly trust his judgment right now.

I looked over the border line, which was basically just an imaginary line that all of us knew, and I stared at the woods. In the distance, I could see barely a shadow jumping from a branch and I knew. Kathryn was confused, but I wasn't gonna alarm the pack. Perhaps she will come back on her own. She's a wise girl after all.