Closure

They had already once been to my treehouse. Their scent was all around. So who says they weren't gonna come and look here again. I had packed some things into a backpack and swung it on my back. This time I didn't continue my travel on the ground.

I climbed higher onto the tree and then took a few running steps from a thick branch, before I flung myself to the next tree, and the next, and the next.

I ignored myself the free time to think about what is going on. I kept assuring me that I just couldn't stay in there again. That if I did, I'd never find something.

Something. A family, perhaps? But I couldn't have a family without my mate. And he's the one I'm running from. Damn and I was trying to ignore those thoughts.

I stopped on a thick branch and sat down. I was tired. I haven't slept even a bit since I left this morning. I appreciated Jon for giving me the time to run. I knew what he was risking, but he still gave me five minutes, which was enough for me to put a big gap between me and that pack.

I didn't move for a few minutes, trying to compose myself and already I heard thumps from afar. I stayed still for a little while, until that pack ran from under me. I had never seen Liam in his wolf form, but I recognized him instantly. He was the biggest wolf in the pack, black like midnight. He lead the group of wolves and the ran by a few feets away from under me.

It made my heart ache, seeing him. I had hoped I could change him, but I couldn't. I thought it was already working, but it didn't. And that's what broke my heart most. I had actually began feeling like I could change him.

As soon as they were gone, I continued hopping from tree to tree, making gap between me and Liam. I had to go somewhere before I ran again. I had to go, like I had to the first time.

**

It was all I could do. With tears in my eyes, I threw a match into a wolf's hair and the whole pile of dead people burst into flames. Some animals had already come and taken care of some people, but I think that's not the way they deserved to go down. I had collected every single dead body in and around the pack house and threw them in the pile, The Alpha and Luna on top.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to them. "I'm sorry, I couldn't find Adam anymore. I'm sure he found you though." I watched the fire for a few seconds, before I continued running. The fire and the smell of burning flesh was going to attract Liam and his men. I had to continue, but I had to give this pack some closure. They deserved to end in a different manner, instead of being ripped appart by that pack and being eaten by wild animals.

I shifted and ran into the woods, disappearing once again. Liam would notice what I did, I'm sure he would. But what I had to do, was disappear. To mask my scent, I stole a jacket from the dead Luna. It willl help for a little bit, but then my scent will over-come it. By then, I'm hopefully too far away already.