vingt-huit

I'm crying. This is the last chapter and is a present per say because it's Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday!) and so I'm giving Thanks for all of you. Here's a thank you for finishing up this story. "Digression" is up now so check it out! Enjoy guys

-----

Never in my life have I felt such an urge for bloodlust as the moon was at its peak. Jennifer Blake deserved death and I was willing to calk my fur with her blood if I had to in order for her to die. As I ran, however, my speed increased, my nose on high alert. I yearned for the destruction of her, to feel her death upon my claws.

I caught up with them, the eclipse at its peak.

"He doesn't know," Derek sighed, looking at Jennifer.

"Know what?" he fleshy skin hissed.

"What you look like," I stood up, brushing my skin off. "Hello Julia."

To say they were all stunned was at the least of my descriptors. I growled, not bothering the fact that my naked body was exposed.

"You try to kill me, Jennifer. But, sadly, you can't," I hissed at her, my body stammering toward her.

"You should've been dead by now," Jennifer smacked my cheek.

"And you should've died when Kali tried to murder you," I stuck my claws in her stomach. "This is my job now, Jennifer. It's your turn to play the prey. To feel the pain you put me through. I wanted you dead and here I am standing over you while you try to get Derek to save you. The jigs up, buddy, and your all out of moves."

She coughed blood onto my face, my eyes burning with fury at the sudden disrespect. I shifted, my hand still in her stomach. Derek, Scott, and Deucalion stared at me in awe, clearly fazed by the new color of my fur. I, on the other hand, didn't care. This was me and if they couldn't accept it they would've had to.

"That's not possible," Jennifer gaped at me. "Grey. It's only with both guardian and angels of death. An angel and demon in your body at the same time."

I dug my claw deeper into her stomach. Derek pulled me off of her, a growl resonating in my throat.

"We're predators, not killers," Derek looked at me in disbelief. "Now Jennifer, make Deucalion see what his actions did to you before it's too late."

She placed a hand over his eyes, Scott holding me behind his back with a hand on my head. Deucalion started screaming but I just wanted to rip her head off.

"Turn to me," Jennifer ordered. "Turn to me!"

Deucalion turned to her, but Jennifer fell weak.

"What is this?" her hand went to her forehead, her body weak.

I snickered, my urge to kill still upright and at a peak. I was an animal at bay and ready to maim and kill. Keeping me from killing her was like a knife to my chest.

"Healing him made you weak, just like healing Cora did to me. You won't have your strength for a few minutes," Derek held her in his arms.

"Just let me kill her already!" I screamed aloud, back in human form. "I'll make her beg for mercy."

I licked my lips at the pursuit of killing her. It was heavily enticing to imagine my hands squeezing around her neck. Scott grabbed my bicep, avoiding my region below my neck.

"You do it. Kill him," Jennifer looked up at Derek.

"No."

She was confused.

"Let me kill her!" I roared, feeling my body writhe with the urge once more. "She deserves to die!"

"Kayla!" Scott screamed, pushing me against a wall. "This isn't you."

"It would've been me if Jennifer hadn't stabbed me or shot me," I roared, baring my teeth at him. "But Jennifer stole some of my humanity and it's time I take it back."

Scott was contemplating what to do with me, but I didn't care. I ripped his arm from my neck, my naked body being open and yet I didn't care. As I ran over to her, who was dramatically being held in Derek's arms, I decided on being the bigger person, to not let myself be vengeful.

"Weak," she scoffed. "Utterly and completely weak."

It was the breaking point as I launched myself at her, but she put a barrier of the same stuff that Deaton had done earlier on when I was in this. When I was still me.

"Mountain ash?" I narrowed my eyes at her. "You know I'm stronger now, I can take you down."

"No you won't," Scott pushed me aside, placing his arms on the barrier.

"It's not going to work."

Scott pushed forward, his eyes gleaming. He was thrown back once, but he got back up. I shifted, ready to jump through the barrier as soon as Scott gave up. My gray coat hung over me, my skin feeling covered and warm.

Scott tried again, Derek's eyes blue.

Blue?

But Derek was the Alpha.

Scott pushed forward again. His eyes shifted a color. Red.

An Alpha?

He looked down at her now, her body pressed against the floor.

"How did you do that?" Jennifer gaped.

I made my way behind her.

"I'm an Alpha now. Whatever you're doing to cause the storm, make it stop or I'll kill you myself. I don't care what it does to the color of my eyes," Scott narrowed his eyes at her.

I towered over Jennifer, my tongue licking my lips at the pursuit at her blood on my body.

'But I don't,' I growled in all of their minds, beginning to maul her.

Scott tried to pry me off of her, but I continued digging my claws into her flesh. Her blood was everywhere. I shifted back on top of her, a devilish smile on my lips.

"You thought you could kill me, bitch," I swiped my claw across her throat, her eyes blank.

"It looks like my work here is done," I wiped my hands, feeling sated.

They all stared at me wide eyes. Deucalion was also fearful.

"She deserved to die," I snarled.

There was a pause.

"What will Stiles think of you, Kayla?" Scott whispered.

"I hope you understand that with your new power, Kayla, your bloodlust will always be at a peak now because you've had blood," Deucalion explained. "I could take you away and teach you some things, like I did the twins."

"Do it," Scott ordered. "As of now you're excluded until further notice."

I gaped, growling.

"Goodbye Kayla," Scott painfully looked into my eyes, turning away.

-----
Check out "Digression" Thank you all for reading "Evolution" onto the next book!

-Katie