vingt-trois

"Smell anything?" Anna looked down at me.

We had agreed it'd be best for me to shift since I could pick up a scent better than she could. Anna was a much weaker being than I was, but was still stronger than most since it was in her blood.

I shook my head a simple no and kept trying. My head still hurt from the incident and then it hurt as well due to Natalie's downfall. I picked up her scent, mixed along with others like Stiles and Ms. Blake that I wanted to rip her head off. I stopped myself from growling at her pertruding smell and focused on the people that brought me joy. I started running in the direction of the smell, not letting anything stop me from protecting my family.

There her body lay, weak. Her shabby brown fur covered the worst of it, but she was still alive. I felt her pained breaths as her lung lay bruised. Anna gasped.

"Natalie!" Anna cried, running in her direction.

"What are you two doing here?" Scott boomed. "I thought Stiles told you both to stay home."

"Natalie was hurt. We had to come," Anna replied quickly.

Stiles entered the room with Jennifer and Derek along with Peter.

"What is she doing here?" Stiles hissed, looking at me.

"Her sister," Scott answered for us.

Stiles groaned, frustrated and ran a hand through his hair. We were in the hospital, an eerie green tone leaving the room thick with a heavy sheet. Stiles was mad at me and I could feel it deep within my bones. Before I even did anything, I felt Natalie's condition worsen. I started whining, feeling her pain within me.

"What's wrong with her?" Stiles came towards me.

I nodded towards Natalie.

'Help her,' I whined to Stiles. 'She needs it more than I do.'

I froze once I heard the smell of the person who has the fate of my life in the palm of her hand.

"Kayla Edwards," she laughed, "fancy to see you here. To what do I owe the pleasure to have my guardian here?"

I growled at her words.

"Don't test her," Scott hissed, pushing Ms. Blake back.

"Jennifer," Derek growled. "Leave her alone. You tried to kill her friends."

I shifted back, launching my human self at her with my claws puncturing her neck.

"You tell me where his father is," I shook her head. "Or I kill you."

"Don't," Derek held my wrist. "She knows how to save Cora."

"What's wrong with Cora?" I gritted my teeth. "Give me a good reason as to why I shouldn't rip her throat out."

"Because I'm the only one that can save Cora and keep you yourself during the lunar eclipse," Ms. Blake snarled.

"What the hell is wrong with Cora!" I screamed.

"She's in a coma. Sick," Derek nodded curtly.

"Kayla, relax. Just let her go," Stiles came over to me.

"You son of a bitch," I held her throat tighter. "If it wasn't for you we wouldn't be in this situation!"

"Is she really dying?" Scott asked.

"She's definitely not getting any better," I noticed Peter was in the room.

"Kayla," Stiles took my wrist in his hand. "Let her go."

I let her go, her body falling to the floor. I snarled at her, my teeth pulling back.

"There has to be something that we can do. We have to help her," Scott added.

"You can't. Only I can. I can save her, and I can tell you where Sheriff Stilinski is. But there is a pack of alphas in this hospital who want me dead. So I'll help you... but only when I'm out of here and safe. Only then," Ms. Blake blackmailed us.

Her gaze went to me.

I snarled back at her, a growl resonating in my throat.

"Stop it Kayla," Stiles looked at me with begging eyes. "We have a lot to do."

"Maybe she should've thought about that before she threatened to kill one of my best friends!" I was about to launch myself at her again.

"Can someone get her some clothing? I'm tired of staring at a naked girl capable of killing us all," Peter growled.

Someone threw a blanket on of me.

"Someone please stab her eyes out before I have to," I whispered.

Ms. Blake scoffed.

"You're such a pathetic waste of space," I spat on her.

Stiles pulled me back.

"Please, she doesn't know an idiot when it hit her in the face," I tipped her off. "Let me help a real cause, like my sister."

I moved toward Natalie, ignoring Ms. Blake and her pathetic actions.

"Are you okay?" I looked at her.

'My body hurts,' she groaned.

'Relax. I'll help you,' I felt her stiffen under my touch.

I had to set the bone for her and quickly. As fast as I could, I popped her bone back into place, a whine coming from her mouth. Anna watched her impatiently biting her nails. The group was speaking behind me, but I was too angry to care. They were infuriating- it would've been easier to kill Ms. Blake right then and there.

'Calm down,' Stiles spoke in my mind. 'You can cut the tension in here like a knife.'

'No Stiles,' I growled. 'Don't tell me what I need to do. I can handle myself.'

'Clearly you can't,' he scoffed.

"I'm leaving," I snapped, a growl resonating in the air that came from my mouth.

I shifted, running out of the room. I kept running, hearing their screams coming from behind me, pleading for me to stop.

I came to a halt when I met face to face with the twins. I bowed my head low, laying down on the floor in surrender, hoping they would get the message.

"What the hell are you doing?" Aiden growled.

"I-I think she's surrendering?" Ethan questioned.

I nudged Ethan with my body.

"She's not doing anything," Aiden pointed out.

"I got that," Ethan rolled his eyes.

They grabbed me by my neck, holding on tight. Ethan was walking next to Aiden, who was holding me, as we were surrounded by the halls of the hospital.

They brought me to Kali, my body relaxed. This is what needed to happen. They wouldn't stop with their antics and I might as well go with them to kill Ms. Blake.

All to kill Ms. Blake.