sept

I was exhausted as I lay in the bed, my head pounding as I moved around. Stiles and Peter weren't here and neither was Derek. I remember both of them leaving but then I fell asleep. In the loft, I was alone but felt a sense of security. I noticed that my cuts had healed almost entirely and that I could almost walk around by myself for a while. As I limped around the corridor, I felt my eyes burn and hiss with every move they made. The sun was growling at them almost, feeling as if acid was being poured into my corneas.

"Kayla!" someone ran into the loft, scaring the crap out of me.

I screamed, turning around to face the intruder. Instantly I relaxed, seeing the familiar face of a boy and girl I was locked in a bank vault in with. Behind was a bloodied Derek, smiling as he saw the duo holding me in their arms.

"Boyd, Cora," I cried into their arms.

"You're alive," Cora hugged me tight. "I can't believe you're alive."

"We thought you were dead," Boyd smiled at me, eyes gleaming in the sunlight. "We also heard you almost tore up this whole place."

"Yeah and I heard you two savages danced around the town," I chuckled.

Being in a vault with two people while you're nearly dying makes you closer to them. By a lot.

"It happens," Cora shrugged.

"Ok, now that the reunion is over, Kayla we have to check your cuts. How are they doing?" Derek came over, lifting up tattered shirt I wore that barely covered anything. "Almost healed. I'm surprised. I thought they'd barely been healed."

"Was last night your first moon?" Cora asked me.

"Yeah it was," I sighed, knowing that I was a creature of the night.

"Then how did you show your eyes before the moon yesterday in the vault? How did you growl at that man?" Cora questioned.

"What do you mean you showed your eyes? How on earth did you growl?" Derek narrowed his eyes at me.

"I don't know. I didn't feel in control half the time!" I yelled.

"Show me your eyes!" Derek growled at me.

"Kayla show him your eyes," Cora ordered.

"Yeah, Kayla. Show him your eyes," Boyd shrugged.

"I don't know how!" I hissed, eyes burning with fury.

"Kayla, do you know what color your eyes are?" Derek grabbed me by my chin.

"No," I felt calmer.

"They're purple. Your eyes are purple," Cora sighed.

"What the hell does that mean? What? Tell me Derek!" I shouted, frustrated again. "What does that mean?"

"Derek!" I heard someone shout. "Get your hands off of her!"

Stiles.

"I can't do that," Derek hissed.

I wasn't sure if he was concerned or scared for the future, by judging by the way he's reacting it wasn't pretty. Stiles snaked his arms around my body, prying Derek's death grip off of me.

"What's so concerning about her?" Stiles narrowed his eyes at Derek.

"Her eyes. They aren't gold," he pointed out.

"I know. I saw them last night," Stiles sighed, pulling his arms away from me. "What does it mean?"

"Yeah, Derek, what does it mean?" I felt my eyes well up with sadness as Derek sighed and looked to the floor.

"Kayla," Derek locked eyes with me, "Kayla you have to understand that you're no ordinary person or being. You're different."

"Tell me!" I rolled my eyes, tired from his longing suspense.

"I think only one man can truly tell you that," Derek sighed.

"Who would that be?" I gritted my teeth.

"Deaton. Deaton would know," Derek pulled me close to him.

Stiles grabbed my arm, leaving be between the two in a death grasp. The two pulled me, my shoulders screaming for release. I growled, twisting my arms together to pull them out of their hands before I broke something.

"I don't want to get hurt," I stomped up to the loft exit.

"Stiles," I looked over at him, "c'mon. I have explaining to do to my family."

Stiles glanced at Derek with hateful eyes one last time before exiting.

-----

I'm sorry that this is so short and maybe not that great. I've been meddling with the same routine and haven't even thought about this story in a few days. I've been swamped with school work and cheer practice so I'll try to make it work. Thank you all for reading and I'll try to get an update up by this weekend or so because I actually have time to breathe. Love you cuties!!

-Katie

P.s- if you haven't noticed, the chapters are actually named in French. I wanted to bring in some spices into the story. If you have any suggestions feel free to tweet me @newtmastereks and or message me here or even leave a comment. Love you so much !!