vingt-deux

"Make sure she stays here," Stiles ordered, holding tight onto the blanket that covered my naked body. "I can't do this."

He was crying.

"She gets hurt too often," I heard Anna's voice reply.

"And it kills me because I can feel everything she does and I can't do anything about it," Natalie sniffled.

"Please, make sure she gets better. I-I have to go find my dad," Stiles sobbed.

"Your dad?" Natalie questioned.

"Yeah, he was taken. Human sacrifice. If I don't find him soon-" his sobs got caught in his throat.

"I'm coming," Natalie growled. "If she can't come, I will. Anna can take care of her. I owe Kayla," Natalie came closer to Stiles holding me.

I was still barely conscious.

"I'm sure when Kayla gets up she'll hate this idea, but it'll help in the long run. You could use a shifter on your side that doesn't put her life before everyone else," Natalie sighed.

"You're not going anywhere," Anna hissed.

"Don't deny it Anna," Natalie growled, "and you can't stop me. I'm not out like she is."

Anna sighed.

"Plus," Natalie added, "it'll give an extra set of eyes on Stiles. It's more protection. If he dies so does she."

I felt my chest tense up at the thought of Stiles dying. Before I knew it I was crouched in an attack position, fully shifted, on high alert. I was growling, but I wasn't in control.

"Kay," Anna looked at me. "Kayla, what's wrong?"

"It's not her," Natalie pointed out. "She's not in control."

"How can you tell?" Anna asked.

"Her eyes. They're brighter than usual. Plus, look at her stance- she wouldn't do that randomly. She must be reacting to what I said before," Natalie explained.

"Will she get control back?" I heard Stiles's voice and instantly relaxed.

My body strolled over to his body, running my side across his leg.

"It's exactly what I thought," Natalie nodded her head. "She thought you were in danger so her animal side took over. She'll calm down soon."

"How soon?" Stiles spoke again.

"Whenever. Anna will have to take care of her. We must go," Natalie pulled Stiles.

They ran out the front door, my body slamming into the door as I tried to join them. Anna giggled slightly at me as I shook my body, recovering.

"Kayla," she laughed, "they'll be back soon. C'mon, lets get you cleaned up."

I growled lowly at her.

"Fine, I won't take care of you," she teased, walking away.

I huffed, following her.

"Oh look," she couldn't keep herself from laughing, "who came around."

I hissed at her.

"Oh relax," Anna waved her hand at me. "Go get some clothes. I'm going to make you some food."

I walked up the stairs, my body aching with fire. By the time I got up there, I had slowly shifted back to myself, my head bleeding. I slid down the stairs once I was dressed, sore and lazy.

"Did you find any injuries?" Anna asked.

"My heads bleeding," I shut my eyes, my head throbbing.

"I'll get a first aid kit," Anna grinned, heading towards the bathroom. "We'll watch a movie tonight, nothing much. Keep it easy."

I liked that idea but I didn't like the idea of Stiles's dad missing and I wasn't out helping. Natalie was right- I was thankful for an extra set of eyes on him.

Anna came back, cleaning out the cut on my head.

"It's deep," she sighed. "Might need some stitches."

"I'll be fine," I yawned.

"Let me get some food in you and then we'll watch a movie. Okay?"

I nodded.

She got me a sandwich with tomato, turkey, lettuce, and mayo and we decided to just put on an episode of Criminal Minds.

I fell asleep, but woke to a pain in my body.

"Natalie's hurt," I growled, jumping up.

"What?" Anna looked like she was about to cry. "Where?"

"Her head. Her stomach. Her left wrist," I explained. "We have to go find her."

Anna nodded, getting up.

"But you're not doing anything. You have to let me fight. You've been hurt way too often. I need you to stay with me," Anna ordered. "Let's go."