deux

"Kayla," Scott breathed out, looking at my stance of just waking up.

"What?" I groaned into my pillow not bothering to look at Scott.

"Kayla we need to talk," Scott sat on my bed just as an over protective father would.

I looked up at Scott, seeing his doe-like eyes searching for mine. My silky brown hair was everywhere, but Scott was focused on something else. He ran a hand through his fluffed, dark brown hair and that's when I noticed a tattoo. Two bands around his left bicep, nothing but black ink. It drew my curiosity, pouring a questionable substance in my mind.

"When did you get a tattoo?" I blurted, my mind speaking for itself.

"Last night," he looked out my window, seeming afraid of what he was going to tell me.

"Why are you being so secretive?" I whispered, sitting upright in my bed.

"Because what I'm going to tell you, you're not going to believe. Then, I'll have to show you and you'll cry. I didn't want to bring anyone else into this mess, but you were dying and I couldn't let you," Scott sighed.

We sat for a few minutes in silence.

"Go on," I sparked the conversation again.

"I don't have much time," he placed his head between his hands. "Kayla."

"What? What's going on Scott?" I pleaded frantically.

"Get some clothes on. We're going somewhere. Somewhere I can explain all of this and not be heard," Scott got up and went to my bedroom door. "Meet me downstairs. I'll be waiting."

I wasn't sure whether I should comply or not, so I decided on going since I wanted to know what was going on in my body. It seemed changing, the healing. I could even hear Scott talking to my sister about how we agreed to go out for a bit to raise my spirits. She didn't want me to leave the house, but Scott insisted. Quickly, I slipped on a pair of jeans and a maroon colored lace shirt. I ran and put on my flats just as I made it to my bathroom. I put on mascara and blush; that was all I needed and met Scott.

"Ready?" Scott danced on his toes.

He was nervous about something.

"Yeah," I replied, my nerves coming about as well.

Scott dragged me outside to a blue car. It looked like an old, worn one judging by how the color was faded from the sun. There was a boy in the car, tapping on the steering wheel with his fingers. He didn't seem to notice us until Scott opened the door and he went into attack mode.

"What the hell?" he screamed, looking at the both of us with a very pale and frightened face. "Scott you can't sneak up on me like that."

"Sorry. Kayla this is my best friend, Stiles," Scott introduced us.

Stiles' eyes went straight to me once he realized I was there. He fumbled around with his car, swiping things away with his long arms. Scott was in a leather jacket but Stiles was in a flannel. I recognized him from my chemistry class and my teacher hates Stiles. Mr.Harris loved me, mostly because I was too lazy to do anything, plus I was smart and he knew it. Stiles popped open the back door from the inside, letting me sit with some lacrosse gear.

"Where to?" Stiles put the car in gear.

"The preserve," Scott blurted.

Stiles sped off, driving toward the "Beacon Hills Preserve". Were they going to take me where no one could hear me? I was freaking out. The silence was so deafening, I thought I was hearing all three of our heart beats. I seemed to be the only one affected by it, but I placed my hands over my ears. Scott noticed I was freaking out as I could basically hear my heart in my ears. We made it to the preserve, but as soon as the car stopped, I ran out into the woods, cupping my ears. I could still hear the beats, the breaths, the popping noises of their bones. I was running far and could hear feet chasing after me.

"Make it stop!" I screamed, stumbling onto the forest floor. "Please," I cried.

"Kayla," Scott's hands pulled at my hands cupping my ears. "Kayla, listen to me."

"What's going on?" I cried.

Scott pulled me into his shoulder, holding me in his arms. He patted my hair for a few minutes until Stiles showed up, who was frantic and relieved once he found us. His jaw clenched, Scott letting go of me.

"Kayla," Scott began, "you're different now."

"I know. Troy and I broke up," I sniffled wiping my tears.

Stiles' fists clenched at the mention of his name.

"No, more than that. Remember how my mom said you were going to die?" I nodded. "Well, we did something to change you. The hearing and healing is just a part of it. That man, his name is Derek, he bit you."

"No," I paused. "This stuff only happens in movies."

"Not anymore, Kayla. You're different now," Scott held my arms and looked into my eyes.

"You're a werewolf," Stiles added.

"Way to be subtle," Scott gave Stiles an annoyed look.

"No. I'm not some freak!" I yelled, pushing Scott off of me.

"Hey hey hey!" Scott grabbed me again. "I can show you."

"This is crap," I groaned. "I'm not some mythical creature McCall! Don't try to fool me."

"Kayla! Stop freaking out!" Scott looked at me with glowing eyes.

I fell on my rear on the forest floor. He kept them glowing a brilliant golden as if his eyes were the sun. Quickly, I glanced over at Stiles who was watching me. Scott's face seemed to grow and change, hair sprouting more and more on his sideburns. His teeth gradually grew into fangs, claws coming from his hands.

"Do you see this? This is no longer a movie, Kayla. This is real and you're apart of it now. We're-we're family now," Scott's eyes returned to their normal puppy brown color as he held out his hand. "Everything about me is real. This is no game."

"This is what I'm going to become?" I wiped my nose like a child would.

"It's happening already. You'll really be like me once the full moon hits," he smiled sympathetically.

"But that's in two days," I felt my eyes water.

"And that means we have two days to find your anchor," Scott sighed, pressing his palms to his head.

He was back to normal already, but he was pacing while I still sat in the dirt on the forest floor.

"It's never been done before," Scott sighed. "I don't think we can do it, Stiles. It took me at least a few moons to get it under control."

"Wait," I added, "does the full moon affect me, like control wise just like the myths?"

"If you don't know how to keep it under control, you're basically a slave to the moon. Your first is when your blood lust is at its peak," Stiles answered for Scott.

"So I'll kill things?" I felt afraid.

"Depends. I could chain you up in my basement, feed you live mice. I had a boa once I could do it," Stiles smiled sympathetically.

"I'm done having a pity party. Let's get myself under control so I don't kill anyone. Seem fair?" I stood up, brushing the dirt off my butt.

"Yeah, we get it," Scott smiled wearily.

"So," I started, "what's an anchor?"

"An anchor is someone or something that keeps you you during the full moon. Mine was Allison, until we broke up. It's still her, I still love her," Scott looked down at the ground. "The man that bit you, Derek, his anchor is the fact that his entire family was killed by Allison's aunt, Kate, and now its just him and his derranged uncle, Peter."

"That's for another day," Stiles sighed. "Right now, you're coming to a party. Let's go I don't want to be late."