Cursed

DISCLAIMER I don't own the wizarding world of Harry Potter

Last time: They got the hair for the Polyjuice Potion. Sirius receives a package with sweets from James' mom. They practice baking the cake for the Halloween Prank. James, Sirius and Peter confront Remus, hoping they can make him stay instead of visiting his mom. But time is ticking, and Remus reveals his secret to protect his friends.

.:lll:.

.:lll:.

.:lll:.

.:lll:.

.:lll:.

.:lll:.

.:lll:.

Cursed

Remus didn't want to sleep. He had always been allowed to be up longer for his birthday and tonight was the full moon. It had been long since had had last seen it, as it had been cloudy all the previous months.

His mom hadn't answered him when he asked why he couldn't see it. However, she had let him look in his new tales of Beedle the Bard book. Although he couldn't read it, the pictures in it were fun to look at.

He hadn't heard any of the stories in it yet, his mom had wanted him to learn about the muggle fairy tales, but his dad had thought it was about time. They wanted to read it for him the next day.

Remus glared towards his window. It wouldn't hurt if he just opened it for a short moment while he admired the moon, right? With an eager smile, he carefully put down the book.

He put his ear against the door, making sure his parents weren't coming. When satisfied, he opened the window as slowly and quietly as he could, additionally causing the protecting spells to break. The moon wasn't up. Disappointed, he closed the window again but forgot to lock it.

Though he decided to say goodnight to his parents now, and then look at the moon when it came up! He took a few moments to force the sheepish smile off his face. It wouldn't be good of his parents saw right through him.

He sneaked towards the living room on his small feet. The floor would have been cold if he hadn't gotten woollen socks along with the book for his fifth birthday. They were blue - just like the Ravenclaw House at Hogwarts.

His dad was holding his mom as they sat on the couch. Usually, they would sit outside, and his dad would use a heating charm to keep them warm, but they hadn't been much outside lately. Remus hadn't been allowed outside either.

They immediately spotted his small figure.

"I'm ready to sleep now."

His parents slowly moved out of their position and followed him, but he ran ahead of them. He sprinted the last bit towards his bed and jumped as high as he could. His parents had given him a big bed for when he became a big boy.

He hid under the covers, muffling out the sound of his dad laughing softly. Remus always insisted on jumping into the bed, despite having a little staircase he could use. He then stuck his head out, though keeping his nose under the duvet.

"Goodnight mom, goodnight dad."

"Goodnight, Remus," they said simultaneously. Both his parents kissed him goodnight. Just as they had turned off the light, and was about to close the door, he spoke again.

"Dad?"

The door reopened.

"Yes?"