Pranks and full moon

Remember to follow my Instagram; halfravenhalfclaw

DISCLAIMER; JK Rowling the wizarding world

Last time: Peter and Remus get to talk and quickly becomes friends. Sirius receives a howler for being sorted into Gryffindor instead of Slytherin.

.......

.......

.......

.......

.......

.......

.......

In Transfiguration, they should try to turn a match into a needle. Sirius succeeded in first attempt. Which he gained 10 points to Gryffindor for. After that, he turned to look around. Lupin seemed to have a hard time staying awake. Pettigrew had exploded his match, McGonagall looked as though she was about to have a flip. But oddly enough, she didn't seem to notice Lupin.

"What do you reckon is wrong with him?" he asked James who had almost succeeded in transfiguring his match.

"Who?"

"Lupin of course" Sirius stated as it was obvious and rolled his eyes. It wasn't like there was something weird about Lupin that way, it was more the way he was treated.

James leaned a little forward to take a closer look. "He seems okay to me."

"No, I mean, McGonagall is mad at Pettigrew, but says nothing to Lupin" did teachers have favourites here? Well, that was unfair.

"Maybe there is a good reason?" James answered reasonable not really caring about Lupin but more about the magic he tried to learn.

"Yeah... but there is something off about him" he was acting differently than most of the other students. Sirius didn't know very much about 'normal' behaviour himself, but he knew Lupin wasn't acting like that. His whole appearance simply screamed; I'm not supposed to be here.

"Like what?"

"I don't know" he stated. "But there is, and I'm going to find out what it is!"

"Good luck with that" James said sarcastically. "You can't get anything out of him if he is sleeping all the time."

Sirius smiled. It was weird how they were getting along so easily, he had never seemed to get along with anyone but Regulus. Of course, he had never met many more people that Regulus. Though, Sirius couldn't leave the feeling that he was betraying his family. It felt like someone had a hand around his heart and squeezed.

Somehow James made him feel better. He wasn't quite sure what it was. If it was his sense of humour, his love for pranks or just that he seemed to like Sirius; he didn't know and didn't care. What matters most is that he has a friend who seems to like him. Without any conditions.

By the end of the class, both Sirius and James had successfully transfigured their matches into needles. As the only two in their class. It didn't help much to their ego. They might have bragged just a tiny bit.

Their next class was charms with the little Professor Flitwick. "Swish and Flick," he said. They were learning the levitation charm; wingardium leviosa. Sirius (again) mastered it in first attempt, seeing as he already mastered it from home.

"How can you be so good?" James whispered.

Sirius knew that it's illegal to practice magic at home and get a wand before the age eleven. So, no need to brag about that. "I'm just gifted I guess" he shrugged his shoulders.