p r o l o g u e

"I wouldn't talk to him right now. He's in one of his moods," Darius told Sophia. Ender shook his head and rolled his eyes, nodding his head at Sophia before returning his attention back to his phone.

Are you sure you want to send $500 to (213) 555-0187? Ender hesitated for only a second before confirming the payment.

Xavier entered the kitchen.

"Here, babe," Darius handed Xavier a warm cup of coffee. Xavier took it and kissed Darius quickly on the cheek, whispering a good morning.

"Good morning, E baby. How'd you sleep," Xavier asked Ender.

"You know I hate that name," Ender snapped.

"Down boy. I'm sorry," Xavier said apologetically, but he lifted his eyebrows at Ender.

"I wouldn't worry about it Alpha Xavier. Someone must have pissed in Ender's orange juice this morning," Sophie quipped.

"Whatever happened, I'm sorry Ender. I can only help when you talk to me though," Xavier replied sincerely.

"Oh my goddess! I'm not in a "mood" or whatever you guys call it. There's nothing to talk about. Goddess forbid I find you and dad a little annoying in the morning," Ender deflected.

There was an awkward silence for only three seconds, but it seemed like an eternity. The room was tense.

Sophia broke the silence. "Did Ender tell you guys that we're going to a party tonight?"

"He didn't mention that. Thanks Soph. Ender, remember you have morning watch tomorrow though, so just be back before your shift," Darius answered.

"Yup. Wouldn't want to let any enemies in," Ender said in a sarcastic voice. Xavier took a deep breath, and Darius rubbed his arm up and down. Darius just shook his head, sighing.

Sophia bit her lip. "C'mon. Let's go to your room." With that, they finally left, the awkward tension slowly dissipating.

"I swear that boy is a puzzle to figure out," Xavier shook his head.

"He's still so immature. He needs to learn how to deal with his problems and not take it out on us. He has so much to learn," Darius said.

"I don't know, D. It does seem like he's just mad at us," Xavier sighed. "I wish he would just tell us what we did." They both had hated when Ender would completely shut them out. It was irritating and made them feel like bad parents.

"You know that's no fun for him," Darius laughed.

+++

"So, you wanna tell me what crawled up your ass this morning?" Sophia asked Ender.

"Nope," he replied.

"Your dads love you, Endy," she smiled. He rolls her eyes at the statement.

"Whatever. I don't want to talk about it," he huffed.

"Good because I didn't care anyway," Sophia joked, feigning hurt on her face. "We have bigger issues at hand. What should I wear today? Like which of these outfits would make you think 'damn, I wanna wife her up not just use her as a booty call?'" she asked, showing outfit pictures on her phone.

"I don't know why you're wasting your time trying to impress a bum," Ender said. Soph looked shocked at his words, and Ender realized he hurt her feelings. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. Just no guy will ever deserve you, but you know that, right?" Truthfully, Ender did not like when Sophia had boyfriends. He always thought he wouldn't mind sharing her if someone good came along, but she had a specialty for picking assholes like himself.

Sophia smiled at this. "Yeah yeah yeah. You're the only one for me, but for real which outfit do you like better?" She lied down on Ender's lap, grinning up at him.

"You would look pretty in the first one, but hot in the second, so either works really." Sophie grabbed her phone and analyzes the outfits more.

Ender's own phone vibrated in his pocket.

(213) 555-0187: Got it. Thx.

He took a deep breath and deleted the message, grateful his best friend was with him to take his mind of things.

++++++++++

Things are tense in the Alpha household :0

Who could be texting Ender? Hmmm.

Let me know what you guys think^^^

If you enjoyed reading, leave a comment and/or a vote!

Thanks for reading!