22.

The next morning, Colby told Rebecca to get ready because they were going out. Just him and her, they were going to get breakfast, then to the lookout bridge so he could propose but Shh... don't tell Rebecca!

Bexley knew exactly what was going to happen. She was staying with Holly for the day but she knew every detail. Keeping her word, she never said one word about anything to Rebecca, never even slipped up in the slightest.

As Colby pulled up to the coffee shop, Rebecca let out a sigh "I forgot how not fun being pregnant was"

"Are you sure you don't want to go back home?" Colby asked for the umpteenth time that morning

"I want this to be a good day.. so I'm going to ignore it and focus on us" she replied "and besides, the toast you guys have here isn't bad.. and I may or not be hungry"

They ate, let their food settle, then made the ten minute drive from the coffee shop to the lookout bridge.

It was one of the rare days in Davenport where it wasn't sunny and wasn't raining. As they walked along the bridge, Colby took Rebecca's hand in his.

"I love you" He said "I love you so much that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up every morning and see you next to me. I want to be by your side for life. I don't want to live another day without being able to call you my wife. You, Bexley, and that little baby inside of you are my world, my everything"

"Colby, What are you getting at?" Rebecca asked

He fished the ring out of his pocket then got down on one knee, he took a deep breath before asking the question he'd been waiting to ask for years.

"Rebecca... will you marry me?" he asked and her eyes lit up, a look he'd never seen on her

"Yes" she said "a million times yes!" She exclaimed and bent down to place her lips on his

You heard banter among the small crowd of people on the bridge. Colby stood up and placed the ring on Rebecca's finger. She admired the small and simple, yet elegant and gorgeous ring.

"Oh my god" she said quietly "Colby it's gorgeous"

"I had to get something that matches the most gorgeous woman in the world" Colby said smoothly and placed a quick peck to her lips

"I'm going to be a Lopez" she said "Rebecca Lopez... it sounds right, like it was meant to be"

"It always was" he said "I think we were meant for each other and the world just had a weird way of showing us that"

"We going to get married!" She squealed excitedly "your going to be my husband.." the word rolled off her tongue effortlessly

"Your going to be my wife" he replied, the same word effortlessly coming out

"Is this why Bexley was in such a good mood this morning?" Rebecca questioned "she knew about this!"

"Maybe.." Colby said "I had to make sure she was fine with being a Lopez too"

"She already is one" she said "just like she is too" she added and took his hand and placed it on her stomach

"You said she" he smiled "you think it's a girl too!"

"Ok, you caught me" she said "but only because I feel the exact same way I did when I was pregnant with Bexley"

"Just admit I was right" he groaned

"Never" she smiled and placed her lips on his