33.

As Rebecca stood in the empty room that would soon be their little baby's nursery, she thought back to the first time she brought Bexley home, not knowing anything.

January 2013

As Rebecca walked into the tiny guest bedroom of her apartment, she looked down at the tiny newborn in her arms.

"Well look, your home" Rebecca smiled and Bexley opened her eyes "yes you are" she cooed and Bexley smiled the tiniest bit

As she sat in the rocking chair in corner of the room, she thought about how much her life had changed in a matter of 3 days. She'd went through hell giving birth, now she had a daughter.

"You, my little love, are the best thing to ever happen to me" Rebecca said "even if I had to put my dream on hold for a bit, it's all worth it"

Now she was almost in the same place, not knowing how anything was going to work out, how she was going to take care of 2 kids, even with Colby by her side, it was going to be an adjustment.

Bexley walked in and sat in the middle of the floor and just looked up at Rebecca.

"I think we need to buy stuff for teeny" she said and Rebecca laughed

"We still have a little before we need to worry about getting everything, I'm only 25 weeks, she won't be here until I'm around 40" Rebecca explained

"You said I didn't wait until 40, you said I was born at 37" Bexley protested "so I think we need to buy stuff just in case"

"Your just excited to help" Rebecca said "aren't you?"

"Teeny is going to be my little sister" Bexley said "I get to spoil her and give her whatever she wants"

"Is that right?" Colby questioned and that was when the two girls noticed he was there

"Tell mommy we should buy stuff for teeny" Bexley said trying to convince her mother

"Tell your daughter we still have time before teeny gets here" Rebecca said trying to convince her daughter they still had time

"Now Colby, What was that you were going to say? he questioned talking to himself "oh that's right! I think we should just order everything online!"

"Do neither of you listen to me?" Rebecca threw her arms in the air "we still have time to figure everything out!"

"But what if..." Bexley tried to reason but Rebecca walked out of the room, she looked up at Colby helplessly and he just shook his head

"If mommy says we have time, we have time" he shrugged

"Mommy can't control when teeny comes, she's gonna come when she wants to" Bexley said

"I know" Colby said and sat on the floor next to her "but we need to let mommy do things when she's ready, you got to remember, her body is changing, she's got all these hormones raging and everything... we just have to roll with it"

"Did she do this with me?" Bexley asked

"Wait until the last possible minute to prepare everything?" Colby questioned "absolutely... she waited until she was 35 weeks to buy everything, then 2 weeks later, you were here"

"If you didn't know you were my dad, why did you help mommy so much?" She asked innocently

"Because mommy was my bestfriend, and when your bestfriend doesn't know how to do anything or is scared, you have to be there for them, no matter what the circumstances are" he explained "but now, I get to be her bestfriend and her fiancé all in one"

"You get to help more now" Bexley said "you get to change poopy diapers, feed her..."

"Or maybe we should just make you do all that" Colby suggested and Bexley shook her head

"Absolutely not!" She exclaimed "poop is icky!"