24.

"Hi mommy" Bexley said as Rebecca's face popped up on Colby's phone
"Hi baby" Rebecca replied "are you going to bed?"
"Daddy said I could stay up and talk to you" Bexley answered "it's only 8:30"
"Well it's almost 10 here" Rebecca said "I've missed you so much today"
"I've missed you too" Bexley said
"Well I'll let you get to bed, your going to have a long day tomorrow, I love you so so much" Rebecca said "let me talk to daddy"
"I love you too but don't stay up too late, you and the baby have to sleep" Bexley said as she walked into the neighboring room to hand the phone to Colby
"I will baby, thank you" Rebecca smiled

Bexley handed the phone to Colby then happily ran off to her room. Even though she hated being away from her mother, being able to talk to her and see her, even if it was only over a FaceTime call, it still made the distance seem not as great.

"Hi gorgeous" Colby smiled
"Hi handsome" Rebecca smiled back
"Shouldn't you be in bed?" He asked
"I've been sleeping all day" she laughed "I think I should at least be awake for more than two hours a day"
"Oh.. I have a bone to pick with you" he realized
"Which is?" She questioned
"What is this I hear of you working out?" He asked
"The doctor said I can do light cardio and lift light weights until I'm around 20 weeks, then I should lay off until after the baby's born" she explained "and yes I've been watching how much water I drink and I've been taking my vitamins, so don't think I don't know what I'm doing"
"I'm just worried Rebecca" Colby said "what if something were to go wrong?"
"You forget I've done this before, with Bexley I worked out up until I was 35 weeks, I'm perfectly fine, the baby's perfectly fine, nothings going to go wrong" Rebecca explained
"I know but you know me, I get protective and overbearing at times... I'm sorry" he apologized and she laughed
"Don't apologize, I think it's cute" she said
"Oh yeah cause every guy wants to be called cute" he rolled his eyes "but it's getting late and I have to and be up early tomorrow, I love you"
"I love you too.. 2 more days love" she smiled
"2 more days babe" he replied then hung up

Colby placed his phone on charge, then turned the lamp beside the bed off. He got comfortable, then felt somebody climb in bed and slip underneath the covers beside him.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Bexley asked
"Sure" Colby laughed "why don't you want to sleep in your bed?"
"Because mommy isn't here and I don't want you to be lonely over here" she said
"Ok, goodnight, I love you" he said and kissed her head
"Goodnight Daddy, I love you too" she yawned and curled into his side

Colby enjoyed moments like these. He loved getting to spend one on one time with Bexley. All those years he'd missed out on, he'd have to make up somehow, in the short time he'd been her father, didn't even compare to the 6 years he wasn't. He was excited for this new chapter in his life, he was going to marry the love of his life, he had the most beautiful and amazing daughter in the world, and he had another on the way. Call him crazy but this was no doubt meant to be or that fate stuff they always talk about. Somehow the world was trying to pull him and Rebecca together. That little slip up when they met wasn't a mistake, they got the best thing in the whole world out of it, and she was laying asleep next to him. Now, of course this whole thing was and still is a learning process to him. He had to learn how to balance work, a relationship, and being a dad... but he wouldn't have it any other way.