4.

After spending the day together, Bexley was tired and fell asleep on Colby's shoulder as they were walking around the mall.

Rebecca stayed quiet for most of the day in fear of letting the truth slip. Colby drove back to Rebecca's apartment, carried Bexley to her room and put her to bed before walking out to see Rebecca pacing her living room.

"What's up with you?" He asked and she shook her head "you've been quiet ever since you got that phone call, you won't even look at me" he said and she still wouldn't look at him "Rebecca please tell me what's wrong" he pleaded

He walked over and grabbed her hands in his and pulled her down to the couch.

"You know you can tell me anything, right? Nothing you tell me is going to scare me away, Hell I've seen the best and worse of you Rebecca, I watched you give birth to your daughter.. I don't think we could get any closer" he said and for the first time she looked up at him

"You watched me give birth to our daughter" she corrected and his eyes went wide "all these years she been wondering and asking who her dad is and he's been right in front of her"

"Your joking right?" He questioned and Rebecca looked back down "your not" He said in disbelief "she's mine and neither of us knew.. I have a daughter and I'm just now finding out.."

"That call I got, was the results, she's yours. Looking back it makes sense Colby, when we met and slept together.. I found out a month later I was pregnant" Rebecca explained "I-I'm Sorry"

"Why are you sorry?" Colby asked "it's not your fault, technically I played a part in this too" he said and saw a tear roll down her cheek, then a flood began

He pulled her into his chest and just held her. Of course he was in shock more than anything, he had been so close with Bexley ever since she was born, he just thought that was his best friends daughter, turns out she was his too.

"I'm sorry" Rebecca apologized again "you didn't ask for this"

"Look at me" he said and lifted her face so they were eye to eye "I'm not upset.. I love Bexley, I've loved her like she was my own and she is. Nothing is going to change except now she knows the truth. She's still going to be my little partner in crime, she's still going to be my little best friend. I'm not upset Rebecca, I'm happy..."

"Your happy?" She questioned "most guys aren't happy when they find out they have a kid.. with their best friend may I add"

"I love her Rebecca, there is no reason for me to be upset. I've watched her grow up now it just has a whole different meaning" he said

"You really do love her don't you?" Rebecca asked "cause I know damn well she loves you, she's got your mouth and doesn't ever shut up about you" she joked

"I really do love her... just like I really do love you" he said and Rebecca looked up at him "I've loved you for 6 years and I never want to stop"

"You love me" she said and slightly smiled

"I love you" he repeated "I think I'm in love with you" he said "I really think I'm in love with you"

"I love you too" she whispered and the space between them closed and their lips were connected