Chapter 2

Tris
"I what." How did this happen? Well, that explains why I don't know any of these people... Four sits closer to me and looks me in the eyes. God, his eyes are so beautiful. And, his body. Snap out of it Tris, stop thinking like that.

"Tris, you don't remember me?" He looks hurt. Like he's about to cry. I wish I could know who he is. And who he was to me. Because seeing him cry, would hurt me. I don't know why, but it just would.

"No... I'm sorry" I answer and look down at my hands. One of the guys step forward.

"Let's introduce ourselves guys, maybe she might remember something. My name is Zeke. We are all friends from dauntless. I'm 2 years older than you and so is Shauna. We were in Four's initiate class"

"My name is Christina, but you call me Chris. I've been your best friend ever since initiation started" the girl who was crying says. Everyone else came up and introduced themselves. Marlene and Uriah, boyfriend and girlfriend. Chris and Will, Zeke and Shauna. And then there's Lynn. I try and remember these people. My friends. But nothing comes up... Lastly, Four introduces himself.

"Tris. I'm your husband. We've been married for a year and dating for 5" he bites his lip trying not to cry.

So, I'm married... I'm married?! I look up at Four and for some reason he makes me feel safe. Just standing beside me. Damn I wish I could remember everything. I look at everyone else in the room looking at me.

This is all so overwhelming. I chose a different faction, I'm in dauntless. I have friends, and a husband. I'm 22 years old. What's happening. My train of thought gets cut off when Chris comes up to Four and whispers in his ear.

"What are you saying?" I ask.

"Tris, you've forgotten... A LOT of stuff. And we want you to remember. One thing you should know first is that, you're 3 months pregnant..."