Chapter 9

Tobias
Since Tris gained a memory back I've been wondering what's been going on in her mind. She's grown closer to me letting me hug her and occasional she cuddles up to me on the couch. I don't mind it, but I just want to know what she's thinking. For all she knows, I'm this strange man who's in love with her.

One day when we're eating breakfast I made, pancakes and some fruit. We eat and as I take a bite out of my banana Tris asks me a question I've been wanting her to ask for a long time.

"Can you tell me about... everything?" She asks.

I was surprised by that question, but happy at the same time because she wants to know more. Finally! I could tell her the day we met, when I fell in love with her. The day we got married. And every detail between these amazing memories.

And so I start.

"Well we both kind of knew each other in Abnegation but we didn't talk much because I was older and all, then I left here and trained. Later you came here too, and I trained you. I fell in love with how determined and brave you were. You wouldn't give up on the fights even though you kept loosing them. You're a great friend and helped everyone. And I admire that."

When I tell Tris the stories she shows different emotions. Surprised at how good she was with the knifes, she laughed a couple times like when I told her the stories when the whole gang would hang out together. The mix emotions these stories have.

I tell her about the time she slept over at my place in dauntless when Peter, Will and Edward attacked her. And then the time she sent herself to her own death in Erudite. I told her when we went outside the fence and I found out I wasn't divergent.

"All these years I believed and was told that I was divergent, and when it turned out I wasn't I didn't know how to take it. I thought that is wasn't actually me... I don't really even remember. But you brought me back, you kept telling me that all the things I've done, it was me and not anything about the stupid divergence thing."
"Well of course it would be you. YOU are the one who made all the decisions you made. And just because you found out you weren't divergent shouldn't change anything" She says. It makes me want to go up to her and hug her, but I don't.

I keep going with the stories and Tris listens to all of them. And finally I get to the end. By the time I've said everything I could have, it's almost 5 at night. Wow time passed.

"And now we're here where we are now." I say trying to avoid the accident question.
"What about what happened to me. Why I don't have my memory. You still haven't told me that story." She says.

Tris
The whole afternoon Tobias has been telling me all about my past. Initiation and how I did really bad in the beginning. He talked about us going to Amity to take refuge for a couple days. The story of me on peace serum and truth serum. Everything.

But when it comes to the end, I need to know what happened to make me loose my memory. So I ask him.

"What about what happened to me. Why I don't have my memory. You still haven't told me that story."

I hear him hesitate on what he's going to say. What is it that happened to me? Ugh why won't he tell me?

"Well... It's kind of a long story..." He says.
"I have time."

I just want to know what happened.

"You were out for a walk because we had a fight... you wanted to move apartement said because of the baby and I didn't see the need to move. You got mad and stormed off... I tried following but I lost you. They were doing construction work in the pit, and..."

A/N: AHHH! Cliffhanger ;) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1k READS! I was thinking of writing a divergent high story. Any thoughts? Would you read it?