Chapter 11

Tris
I've been fine since everything has happened. I've gotten a lot of memories back, but still not all of them yet. But all in all things are going the way things were before... I'm 8 months pregnant and getting really big. We decided we didn't want to know the gender of the baby just yet. We want it to be a surprise. Tobias wants it to be a girl, I want it to be a boy... And the names, we haven't even started talking about it. I guess we were being busy, worrying about other things.

Today Tobias and I are going to go shopping for some baby stuff. You know the clothes, food, car seat.

"Ready to go?" Tobias comes in buttoning up his shirt.
"Yup." I get up slowly and put a hand on my back. The baby is so hard on my back. Try keeping a watermelon in your shirt... it gets tiring, and very, very heavy.

We get in the car and drive to the store. The traffic is so backed up, car after car with no space to move. I turn on the radio and my favorite song since I woke up starts playing. I can't help but sing along.

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

All the planes we flew
Good things we've been through
That I'll be standing right here talking to you
'Bout another path
I know we loved to hit the road and laugh
But something told me that it wouldn't last
Had to switch up
Look at things different, see the bigger picture
Those were the days
Hard work forever pays
Now I see you win the better place

How can we not talk about family when family's all that we got?
Everything I went through you were standing there by my side
And now you gon' be with me for the last ride

And soon enough, Tobias starts singing along with me. I've never heard him sing, it's funny. His deep voice is so soft and he sings all the lines perfectly.

The cars start moving again. Finally. All of a sudden, I feel these weird cramps. I wince but try not to show it. Just the baby kicking. I sit back and watch out the window. The pain comes again and I shut my eyes tight. Stop it Tris. You're fine. And then, I'm not.

I can feel a puddle of water underneath me. Shit. My breathing gets harder and I look up at Tobias.

"T-tobias..." I say
"Are you okay?"
"It's happening" I shake my head.

How could this be happening now. Now of all times. I'm 2 weeks away from the due date. I feel a sharp pain in my stomach and clench my teeth.

"Shit" Tobias says.

There's nowhere to go, cars blocking every path. And the hospital isn't that close. How is this going to work out?

I can feel pressure and let out a scream. This is going to happen... It's now or never.

A/N: Sorry for the long wait and short chapter. School has got me on edge and exams are coming up!! I'll try and write some more this week but I really need to study. Thanks. Love you guys! <3 <3