Chapter 12

Tris
After 2 hours of painful labour and lots of screaming and sweat, I'm holding my baby girl in my arms. This little thing of 6 ounces that I carried for 8 months. How beautiful she is and so, so small. Her features remind me of my mom. She has Tobias' nose, and ears too. Her tiny little fingers grasp the pink blanket holding her, I smile as I watch. Whenever I talk, I can feel her, and she knows that I'm the person who carried her, who fed her and cared for her.

Tobias comes in the room smiling and sitting on the edge of my bed. He leans over and kisses my forehead and then our baby's. He's so gentle with each movement. Careful not to break her. He's gonna be a great dad I think to myself.

"So what are you going to name her?" the nurse in the corner asks.

I look up at Tobias, I haven't thought much about a name yet... I have been kind of busy with problems of my own to even think about names. Even now I don't remember everything, what if I had a name already picked out before the accident? What if I had the perfect name and now I can't remember it...

"What about Isabelle." Tobias says.
"Isabelle." I repeat.

It has a nice ring to it. Isabelle Eaton. It fits her. I smile wide and nod. Isabelle is my little girl. Tobias and I are now parents and we're gonna have a great family.

Tobias
Damn. Giving birth must hurt like hell. I tried to help Tris as much as I could. But there wasn't much I could do but yell "push!" Over and over again. But eventually a little tiny human being came out and I was suddenly a dad. I was responsible for a kid, I was so scared I might end up like my dad. What if I lost my temper, even for just one moment and made the wrong move? I would never want anyone to go through that.

As I drove up to the hospital I carried Tris in while she was holding our baby. The umbilical cord was still attached to both of them and it must of felt really awkward. Tris got taken care of and I went to find a bathroom. As I came back in the room Tris was staring at our baby, her eyes full of love. I moved up to her and sat on the bed lightly kissing her forehead. The nurse asked us what her name would be. I remembered when Tris found out she was pregnant she always liked the name Isabelle if it was a girl.

~Flash back~
I open the door from a long day of work in the pit. Tris was standing in the doorway waiting for me. She gave me a quick kiss and went into the kitchen.

"So, how was your day?" She asked me.
"Good. Zeke wanted to go out later tonight if that's alright with you?"
"Sure if you wanna..."
"What's wrong Tris?" I asked.
"Nothing" she answers and walks into the bathroom.

She's acting weird... Maybe she's just on her period or something...? And then Tris comes back out. I can't help but notice now that her shirt is a little too tight on her... Showing off her curves.

"Do I look fatter Tobias?"
"No" I answer immediately. Even if she was, you never say to ariel that she looks fat.

She sighs and walks over to me and grabs my hand. She puts it on her stomach and looks up at me. And then, it comes to me.

"Are you.... Are you pregnant?." I ask. We've been trying forever for a baby. Maybe nows the time. Tris nods and hugs me tight.
"I love you." I say.
"I love you too." she says. "Hey, if it's a girl, can we name her Isabelle?"
"Of course" I smile and lean in kissing my beautiful wife.

We're gonna have a family!
~Flash back~

I smile at the memory, good times. Now we get to make new memories. Together. As a family.