Chapter 13

Tris
Today we get to bring Isabelle home. Tobias carries her as I get up slowly grabbing all the baby stuff the hospital gave us. A diaper bag filled with tons of leftover baby things people left behind from miscarriages or something gone wrong...

We walk to the car and tobias straps her in the car seat. I shove the bag in the backseat and plop down in the passenger seat. Tobias gets in the car and drives back to our place.

"So far so good." I say, mostly to myself.
"For now." Tobias says and grins.
"Yeah and then she'll start doing all kinds of stuff we can't control." I sigh.
"Well I guess we're gonna have to deal with that when it comes."

We eventually get home, we bring all the stuff inside and get settled in. Last week we set up the crib and baby proofed the whole apartment. Closed off everything a baby could get their fingers stuck in, bought baby monitors and whatever a baby could need.

We got home and I carry Isabelle in. She's sound asleep and as cute as can be. She reminds me so much of Tobias and all her features. I smile as Tobias opens the door for us and I walk in.

"Home sweet home." He says.

I go and sit down on the couch, holding Isabelle in my arms rocking her slowly. Tobias comes over and sits beside me kissing my forehead and then Isabelle's.

"How you doing?" He whispers careful not to wake her.
"Good." I answer.
"Want to put her in the crib?"
"Okay" I get up slowly and walk into our room where we're going to keep the crib for now and set Isabelle down. I walk back into the living room and collapse on the couch.
"I'm tired..." I sigh.
"Sleep, I'll take care of Isabelle."

I nod and close my eyes and then everything rp turns black.

*morning*

I wake up slowly with a smile on my face. I can remember the dream I was just having. Tobias and I. It was a late night at the chasm and we were talking and kissing... I bite my lip, the dream felt so real, the colours were so vivid. Everything felt complete...

"Tobias!!"

Tobias comes running in wearing only boxers.

"What's wrong." he asks.
"I think... I think I remember!" I smile wide. "I think I remember everything!"

Tobias comes up to me and give me a huge hug, smiling as if his face would fall off. He kisses my forehead and them my temple, and my cheek and finally our lips meet. And i wrap my arms around him pulling him close to me. I love him. I love Tobias Eaton. He is mine. And I can remember. I remember meeting him for the first time, I remember initiation. I can remember all my friends. And I remember our wedding, and wanting to have a baby... I REMEMBER!!

Tobias and I stay hugging over the happy news. But then something interrupts us. The sound of a baby crying.

Okay Tris. Time to be a mother.