Chapter 10

Tris
"and stuff was falling apart... I tried calling after you but you weren't listening." Tobias goes on. That sounds so stupid of myself... I don't even know why I would do anything like that anyways.

"Somehow though you ended up on the other side of the pit when the crane fell. Lots of people got hurt and I was lucky I didn't. But since you were on the other side I didn't know if you were okay or not. There was no way to get to you."

This story is crazy...

"I guess you were too close, and you got buried under all the construction work. I was so worried I didn't know what to do because I had no way of reaching you."

"People were crowded everywhere trying to get a closer look at everything... We finally found you after searching and moving everything. You were unconscious and beastly breathing, we took you to the hospital... and that's what happened." He says.

Okay then, so I wanted to move... and then I got mad...? Maybe it was all the emotions and hormones that made me like that. Cause I don't think I would ever do that to anyone. Or maybe that's the girl who transferred to dauntless who was the one who made those decisions and actions. How am I supposed to know this stuff if I can't even remember anything.

Why did this happen to me? Why did I have to be right there when the crane fell? Was this supposed to happen to me? Was it a coincidence? Was it a chance to restart my life?
A sign? God knows what...

I don't talk for a while thinking everything through. Tobias stays silent as well, avoiding my eyes. I have no idea what's gonna happen now...

*1 month later*

By now my stomach is huge. The weight of a baby is so much on my back. 5 months and the pregnancy is getting better. No more morning sickness. Hallelujah! I hate throwing up...

I've also gotten more memories back. I remember the day Tobias proposed to me, which was perfect. He was so hot in his tux and everything he did was just amazing. I also remembered the first time I went zip lining with Uriah and everyone.

My memories have been coming back slowly, but it's still getting somewhere... I can remember small details, like the desert Tobias and I had at our wedding, or the dress Christina bought me for the baby shower... My mind goes through everything I can remember form my life before the accident.

"How you doing?" Tobias says wrapping his arms around me, interrupting my thoughts.
"I'm good" I smile.

Ever since I've gotten some memories back, Tobias and I have been able to bond more. Over the small bits of life I seem to remember. But still, it's good. Tobias is the best you could ever ask for. So sweet and kind, always thinking of everyone before himself. I guess that's the abnegation in him.

A/N: Short chapter! And I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. School has been keeping me busy. But here ya go. And go check out my new story for a good laugh! ILYGSM