Here goes nothing

"Mom are you sure you can watch them?" Lance asked seeming on edge as he held his mother hand. They were standing outside a neighbours house while the kids were playing in the basement with other kids where it was safe. She nodded kissing his forehead.
"si cariño, I'm sure. The neighbours are very nice and I did technically almost killed a zombie." She laughed a bit. She seemed to have a new wave of confidence from what had happened merrily minutes ago. "Now, go save the galaxy. And no matter what remember you always make me proud."
He grinned kissing his mom's forehead before rushing off to the military van. He hoped into the back with his husband and brother in law. With that they were off to where the lions were. Off to save the galaxy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lance sat at the meeting in his normal Paladins outfit. The other Paladins of Voltron sat around a table listening to the game plan. Earth's military's plan was to try and get the ship with Zarcon in it down first. Due to information from Shay as well as other aliens they got in contact with, they knew that if Zarcon was dead, the army would be relatively powerless. It was like a cult without its leader. They would put up a fight but would be defeat soon enough.
If all went well multiple planets were coming here to help finish the fight for the galaxy. The blade was the first to message they were coming for sure. Shay's people agreed to help as well. After they joined, every other planet in the correlation joined. They were to all by here by the time the sun went down.
So all earth had to do was last half an hour fighting against them. It was a rather good plan so far.
The plan was to make them believe they were going after the tiny ships. To make them believe they didn't know much about them. Meanwhile Voltron was to form under ground until the main ship finished the flight path it seemed to be going on. If they kept going that way, Voltron was to come up right under the ship. From there the attack was to be moved against the main ship.
"What happens if the ship changes its course last minute?" Keith asked a little on edge.
"If that happens, we'll send out one of our biggest ships after it. Once we get it's major canons out you guys will be coming to help." Adam explained with a nervous smile. This was the first major attack he was planning against alien. If this all failed, well, they would all most likely die. Yet, if they won, it would be one hell of a story to tell to further generations.
"Okay, any other questions?" Adam asked after a few moments of silence. There was a few more minutes of silence. "Okay, make sure your coms are all turned to the right frequency before heading out. Now let's go save the galaxy."
Everyone cheered before a bunch of people left to go to their ships. Adam just stood there sweating. His heart arced from all the stress. He walked over and kissed Shiro before heading to his own ship.
Here goes nothing.