Chapter 41: He Just Fell.

• Dedicated to Everyone That Loved This Story Just As Much As I Did <3

"Harry!" 

Her giggles were clouding my mind. The way they sent goosebumps to my skin, it felt all too familiar. 

"Harold!" 

"Hey, Curly." 

"Hey, watch it Styles."

"I love you, idiot!" 

That smile. Her big eyes. Her tan skin. Her words stuck to my head. I was wrapped around her finger. 

Everything we went through. I still saw the same girl I saw 2 years ago in detention. The way her tired eyes scanned her book and lightly chewed on her thumb nail. The way one strand of hair was in her face, irritating her. The way she twirled her pencil around her fingers effortlessly, while staring blankly into space. She was lovely. She was imperfectly perfect. She was mine. 

// Lindy’s POV //

“I keep playin' it inside my head

All that you said to me

I lie awake just to convince myself

This wasn't just a dream

'Cause you were right here

And I should've taken the chance

But I got so scared

And I lost the moment again

It's all that I can think about, oh

You're all that I can think about

Is your heart taken?

Is there somebody else on your mind?

I'm so sorry, I'm so confused

Just tell me, am I out of time?

Is your heart breaking?

How do you feel about me now?

I can't believe I let you walk away

When, when I should have kissed you”

I hummed along with the song as I skipped down the cobble steps. Another hit song sung by the one and only, One Direction. I wasn’t surprised at all that it was a hit. The lyrics were amazing, the beat was catchy, and everything about the song was truly unbelievable. I think they were in the middle of recording their new album, “Take Me Home.” I missed them so much. I rarely talk to them anymore. I DMed them sometimes on Twitter and emailed them every now and then to catch up with them at times. It seems like so long ago after everything. I finally felt more like myself and realized who I was as a person. After being single for almost 3 years, I finally learned to love who I am as a person and appreciate everything good that happens in my life. I haven’t dated anyone or had any romantic feelings for anyone really. I just wasn’t ready and waited for when I was. But, I think that was just my lame excuse every time someone asked me out, I think I just said that because deep down inside I still had hope for me and Harry. I had this strange feeling in the back of my mind that we would end up together again. I guess time will just tell.

I walked towards the parking lot, getting ready to drive home after a long day at school. It was Friday and I was looking forward to hanging out with my best friend, Valentina. She was my best friend since junior high, until I moved to London. She remembered me and everything was like how it was when I was in California. She honestly didn’t care about my past with Harry and the boys, she just treated me like I was before, which was a nice feeling.