Chapter 39: It's Educational.

• Dedicated to Everyone That Read When It Happens From The Start <3

// Lindy’s POV //

You know those days when you wish you were under a hole, wishing you could just die? Yeah, I was feeling this way at the moment. Niall and Liam’s faces were probably shocked just as much as mine. Their eyes didn’t leave my face, which caused me discomfort so I looked away and continued rubbing off the stain on my leggings. Niall continued cleaning up his spilled drink on the floor, not sure what to say at the moment.

I bet the customers around us could feel the awkwardness in the atmosphere right now. As soon as my stain wasn’t as visible and sticky, Liam helped me throw away our mess. Finally, after everything was over, I took them over to a corner where I could talk to them in private. Once we were alone, I scratched my head and exhaled deeply. I turned to them and narrowed my eyes on both of them.

“What the hell are you two doing here?!” I said in a hushed tone.

They got startled by my surprising outburst, as they backed up a bit.

“Us?! What about you?! I thought you were in California!” Niall responded.

I rolled my eyes, avoiding eye contact again. Liam coughed causing the both of us to look at him.

“So, you’re not happy to see us?” He said modestly, his eyes turning into puppy dog ones.

I bit the inside of my cheek, giving into his modest and innocent face. I sighed, unfolding my arms that were in front of me. I went up to the both of them giving both of them a giant hug.

“Of course I’m happy to see you two. Just not this way, or while I’m looking like I just pissed my pants.” I said, feeling my cheeks redden.

They both chuckled as they both kissed the top of my head, like they would to a little sister. I smiled, taking a good look at them for once. They both look like they’ve gotten taller and Niall’s brown hair was becoming more visible. It was a nice look on him. Liam got a new haircut and he looked great in it as always. But, they were still the same boys I met almost two years ago.

“How’s everyone?” I asked, while rubbing my arms shyly.

They both looked at each other and their eyes brightened. I looked at them both, getting confused by their mischievous smiles forming.

“Why tell you, when they can tell you themselves?” They both said, as they took my arms and led me to their white van parked out front.

Now, I’m here in the back of their van, being smushed in between a loud Irish boy and a kind, modest Wolverhampton boy.

I groaned as I leaned my head back on the headrest as they chuckled.

“Y’know this is technically kidnapping right?” I stated as they were laughing at me.

They both shrugged, getting all excited that they had a surprise for everyone right now. My stomach was churning and my throat was tightening as we were getting closer to the hotel. I didn’t know how everyone would react to me right now. I grew half an inch, my hair was cut shorter, and I dyed it a dark red brown color now. No wonder Niall and Liam took some time to recognize me a few minutes ago.

“You look lovely by the way.” Liam said, comforting me in my nervous state.

I smiled at him and thanked him. He always was the most caring one of the group. Finally, we parked in the back of the hotel and quickly snuck in the hotel without the fans knowing. We reached the elevators, as we all piled in the small area. Once the wooden elevator doors slid open to their floor, we immediately saw Paul. I waved hi to him and he grinned, walking over to me.