Chapter 35: Not Just Any Other Fan.

// Lindy’s POV //

I don’t know how, but I got to the hospital in a few minutes. Louis came and picked me up right away as soon as I got off the phone. I couldn’t feel anything. I stopped crying as soon as we got closer to the hospital. I felt numb and frail. Like, a simple wind could knock me down. My breathing was uneven. I was shaking, gripping on my car seat. During the entire ride, I couldn’t stop staring out the window, imagining Harry smiling and laughing. It was unbelievable to think that he was in a hospital bed at the moment, hurt and broken.

The sky was raining and it was cloudy. I rested my head on the cold, wet car window. I felt Louis’ eyes on me every time we had a short stop during our drive. I ignored his looks of sympathy, just desperate to see Harry. Finally, Louis was driving us up to the hospital’s driveway, making me more anxious to run out of the car. He continued driving, finding a good place to stop. Me, being very impatient, I jumped out of the car while it was moving. I ran into the hospital door, hearing Louis’ calls out for me. I ran into the lobby, my eyes scanning for the check-in desk. I finally found it, running to it.

I looked at the short lady, typing away on her computer. She looked up from her screen smiling at me, while lifting up her glasses.

“I’m looking for Harry Styles’. He got in an accident almost an hour ago.” I said, feeling my throat choke on tears.

She nodded, quickly clicking away on her mouse. I glanced over my shoulder when I heard tons of talking and fussing coming from behind me. I turned around, blinking away some left over tears. In those few fast and short seconds, I saw Harry, lying down in a white bed surrounded by doctors and nurses. I felt chills run down my spine, seeing a huge gash of blood on the corner of his forehead. They started running down the hall, fussing over his heartbeat. I ditched the lady at the desk running after the curly haired boy. I ran at top speed, trying to catch up to them.

“Harry! Harry! Harry!” I yelled over and over, hoping he would hear over the yelling doctors and nurses.

I saw them go through big white doors, when a nurse stepped in front of me. Her hand was stuck out, stopping me. I narrowed my eyes at her, going on my tippy toes to find him. The last thing I saw was Harry’s curly hair and his eyes closed like he was peacefully sleeping.

“I’m sorry, love. You can’t go in. He needs to go under immediate surgery. Please wait for him in the lobby when he’s ready in his room.” She informed me, in a soft tone.

I shook my head quickly, trying to make my way into the room. I wanted to hold his hand through it. I needed to be with him. He was in pain and I couldn’t do anything about it to comfort him. And with that, I snapped. I fell to the ground, collapsing on my knees while crying into my hands. I was on the hospital floor, feeling big and strong hands pick me up from the ground.

“Lindy, shh. It’s going to be alright. He’s going to be okay.” Nialls’ voice whispered in my ear.

I shook off his hands off me, wanting to be alone. I continued sobbing, becoming more of a mess minute by minute. My sleeves were becoming drenched in tears, my eyes turning really red from my constant crying. My mouth was dry, not making much noise. My nose was running, turning slightly pink. My chest was in knots, aching with so much pain. Finally, Zayn, Liam, Louis, and Niall picked me off the white hospital tile floor and into the lobby. I continued sobbing, hiding my face from everyone around me. The moment I looked up from crying, everyone around me gave me looks of sympathy. I ignored their looks, while all the lads were trying their best to comfort me. Eventually, after all the crying, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked up to see Danielle, with a small smile on her lips.