Chapter 20: My First Concert.

// Lindy’s POV //

My stomach was like a rollercoaster at the moment. It kept doing flips and turns all over. I held onto the hem of my dress nervously as I sat waiting patiently in the black leather couch with Eleanor. We were waiting for Paul to escort us to our seats in the huge stadium. I glanced around the cream colored room we were in. Portraits of other British music artists hung on the walls, along with some paintings. In one corner of the room was a table full of food. Snacks, deserts, and drinks crowded the table. I wasn’t hungry because I was filled with anxiety and nerves. I couldn’t believe I was going to watch the boys perform in concert live for the first time.

A week ago, Harry invited me to watch him and the boys perform at a sold out show in London. This is how I am sitting in this elegant room with Eleanor, trying to keep my mind at peace. I was nervous because this was my first concert ever. And of all concerts I could’ve gone to, my first concert is where my boyfriend and his band will be performing. I had no idea what to expect. I glanced over at Eleanor and saw her casually scrolling through her iPhone. I sighed and didn’t know how she could be so calm. Oh yeah, she’s seen them live dozens of time.

This was my first time.

I got up from the couch and walked over to the snack table, grabbing a plastic cup filled with soda. I took a sip and walked back next to Eleanor, hearing thousands of screams. My eyes widened and looked at the calm girl next to me. She laughed at my face and put her phone back in her purse.

“You get used to it, love. It just means the lads are getting on stage in less than 10 minutes.” She said while picking up her purse and grabbing a sugar cookie from the snack table.

“What am I gonna expect from the concert? I’m kind of getting really anxious here.” I nervously said to her.

She smiled and put her hand on my shoulder.

“You’ll have tons of fun. I promise. I felt the same way when Louis first invited me to one of their concerts.” She comforted me.

Soon, Paul walked in the room with a large ear piece in his left ear. He motioned for us to follow him, while talking to someone through his ear piece. He led us to our seats, each step the screaming got louder and louder. I looked over behind us and saw a blonde woman following us with Preston. Eleanor turned around and greeted the girl with a hug, and waving at Preston. I followed behind her and shyly greeted them both. Paul started walking quicker and we were far behind. Eleanor grabbed my wrist and rushed us to catch up. Eventually we reached a huge black door and entered the gigantic stadium. All around us were screaming fangirls, just as anxious as me to see the boys perform. We started walking to our section in the floor seats, while following Paul. While we were walking, the screams got 10x louder. I looked up and saw girls waving to us and yelling to get our attention.

“OH MY GOD! THAT’S ONE DIRECTION’S GIRLFRIENDS! AND LOU AND PAUL AND PRESTON!” One girl screamed from the upper tier.

I smiled at her and waved back to her. One girl took a picture of me with her camera while I passed by her. The flash blinded me and I looked for someone’s shoulder to guide me. I felt a large hand behind my back as I rubbed my eyes. I looked up and saw Preston, helping me to my seat.

Girls were crowding us and Paul was yelling, “Please give us some room! We need to get them to their seats before the concert starts!”

He gave us room to reach our seats which were right smack in the middle. I sat down on my seat, in between the blonde girl and Eleanor. Someone tapped on my shoulder and I turned to the blonde girl.

“Hello! I don’t believe we’ve met before! I’m Lou Teasdale. The boys’ stylist.” She introduced herself as we shook hands.

I smiled and responded, “I’m Lindy. Harry’s. . . .er. . . girlfriend.”