Chapter 15: Finally Falling.

(2 Weeks Later)

// Lindy’s POV //

I sat down on my hammock at my front porch and twirled a piece of my hair around my finger. I was waiting nervously and trying to keep my mind off this Christmas break. It was 8:00AM and I was waiting for Harry and the boys to pick me up from my house. We were all driving together up to the ski house resort they booked us in. It was going to be a 6 hour drive to get there, so we had to wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed. I gripped tightly on my duffel bag handle while waiting for them to pick me up. I was going to be gone for a week with 6 boys. I have no idea how my own protective mother is okay with this. The front door opened next to me and I looked up to see my mother. She was holding her mug of freshly made coffee and holding a white blanket around her. It was getting colder each day here in England. She sat next to me on the hammock and we swayed back and forth slowly, hearing small creaks whenever we swayed.

“Have fun, okay?"

I nodded and rested my head on her shoulder. I woke up at 6AM and was so exhausted. I couldn’t sleep because I was too busy stressing over this vacation. I yawned and closed my eyes.

“Be careful also. Don’t come home with scars from your trip!,” She joked with a slight chuckle.

I opened my eyes and sighed. Ugh, where was Harry?! I thought they were going to pick me up at 8AM sharp. I heard a car’s motor running nearby and I stood up, praying it was them. But, to my disappointment, it was just a black van passing by. I frowned and sat back down. My mom laughed as I pouted.

“Someone’s quite eager to go hangout with her boyfriend.”

I groaned as I leaned back on the hammock, “For the last time, mother, please stay out of my love life,”

“Tomorrow I’ll be off on another business trip to Scotland. I won’t be here when you come back from your trip. I really wish I was home before though, I really do. I’ll send your love to your brother when I visit him, however.”

I smiled and nodded.

“Mom, it’s no shocker that you’re going on a business trip during Christmas. I’ll be fine. Have fun.” I assured her.

I put my head back on her shoulder and saw a white van pull up in front of our gate. I hopped up to my feet quickly and tried to see who it was. The windows rolled down as Niall and Zayn waved frantically at me. I giggled and picked up my duffel bag. I ran down the steps and almost forgot about my mom. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to look at her. She put her cup down and softly smiled. I ran back to her and gave her a huge, heart-warming goodbye hug.

“Have fun, sweetheart. I’ll miss you. Love you,” She said into my hair, as she kissed the top of my head.

I smiled and nodded. I ran down the steps and was greeted by Harry. He smiled at me and opened his arms. I dropped my bag and gave him a hug.

He wrapped me up in his big arms and whispered in my ear, “You ready to go?”

I looked up and gulped. I looked back at my mom and received a comforting smile from her. I grinned and showed Harry a thumbs up. He laughed and helped me with my luggage. Once, we settled in my luggage in the back, I hugged my mother one last time. I waved bye and got inside the van. Liam was in the passenger seat, while Louis was in the driver’s seat.

“G’morning, love!” I heard Louis cheerfully say as I entered the van.

I greeted him good morning as well, and waved hi to Liam. I started making my way to a free seat in the van and saw the first three seats taken by Zayn, Harry and Niall.