Chapter 27: Family Reunions and First Impressions.

// Lindy’s POV //

We followed closely behind, Robin, Harry’s step-dad. He was so friendly; he made sure to make me feel welcomed. We walked pasted the front door, making our way towards the family room. We passed the kitchen, which smelled so heavenly from all the foods being cooked at the moment. Robin stopped in front of a big white door, with two gold handles. He turned to face us, smiling. He shook my hand gently, while giving me a warm smile.

“Nice meeting you, Lindy. Hope to see you two, later!”

And with that, he left us to enter the family room alone. He went back to the kitchen, probably to help out cook the rest of the food. Harry squeezed my hand, causing me to look up at him. He gave me a look making sure I was okay. I nodded, bracing myself for what was ahead of those doors. He opened the doors quickly, revealing one huge happy family conversing and enjoying each other’s companies. They all stopped laughing and talking, to see who came through the door. Their eyes met up with ours, seeming like they were studying us. Harry waved and they all scrambled off their seats, to give him a hug and kiss on the cheek. I let go of his hand to give them some space to catch up on things. I walked away, smiling at him and his family. I walked toward the couch, accidently bumping an old lady’s seat while walking. I stopped and immediately started babbling tons of apologies to her. I frustratingly pushed my hand through my hair, examining the lady to make sure she was okay. She looked up from me, giving me a soft smile. She stuck her hand out towards me, grabbing my hand lightly.

“Now who are you, hun?” She asked with her cracky voice.

I calmed down a bit, answering her question. When I answered her, she grinned showing her very faint dimples. They were there, just not very visible because of her wrinkles.

“Harry’s girlfriend? You are so beautiful! He sure has great taste in ladies. You seem like a keeper, love.” She complimented me.

I felt my cheeks showing its embarrassing redness. I giggled, sitting next to the old lady on the couch. I continued chatting with her, keeping her company while all the other relatives were catching up with Harry. We were talking about Harry, life, and I.

“Grammy?” I heard a woman’s voice said behind us.

We both turned over to see who the voice belonged to. It was a brunette that looked like she was in her late 30’s. She was beautiful and had a glowing smile on her face. Her eyes landed on me, cocking her head to the side. She walked closer to us, standing beside Grammy.

“Grammy, would you like to eat dinner now? Your plate’s ready.” She informed the old lady in her rocking chair.

She nodded, still sitting comfortably in her chair.

“Alright, Anne, but have you met Lindy?”

Anne looked at me, shaking her head at the old lady.

“No I don’t think I have.”

“This is Harry’s girlfriend. The girl, he’s been talking about all the time over the phone.” Grammy smirked, winking at me.

I hid my shy smile, now looking at the carpet on the floor. Anne’s eyes lit up, as she sat next to me on the couch. She put a hand on my shoulder, grinning.

“You’re the famous Lindy?” she asked excitedly.

I nodded, shaking her hand. She giggled, engulfing me with tons of questions about me and Harry. It was cute and understandable. My mother would’ve done the same thing, oh wait. She did, but it wasn’t cute at all.

“Oh my goodness! You’re so much more beautiful than Harry gave you credit for. You are absolutely stunning! Are you a model?” she asked.

I shook my head, a smile appearing on my face. Anne looked around and shook her head, embarrassed.