Chapter 13: Are You After My Mom?

// Lindy’s POV //

I slowly opened my eyes and saw my window curtains still closed. I closed my eyes again and exhaled deeply. I felt like I finally had a long comforting sleep for once. I stretched my legs and felt my feet kick a pillow off the bed. I heard it fall with a small thud. I groaned and still refused to open my eyes. I just want to continue sleeping until everything was alright in my life. I tried to get back to my deep sleep, but failed. I stretched my arms out wide and rested them on the pillow beside me. I opened my eyes quickly and sat up straight in a flash. My eyes were searching for Harry. I pushed my blankets off me and jumped off bed. I looked around and walked over to my bathroom.

“Harry?!” I shouted when I entered my bathroom.

He wasn’t there, just a toilet, sink, and shower. I sprinted out and hoped he went home earlier this morning. I tried pushing the thought out of my mind until I tripped over a pile of clothes on my floor. I looked at the clothes and recognized the scent of rain on it.

“Oh no. Oh no. No, no, no, no.” I repeated over and over.

I got up from the ground and ran out of my room. I sprinted down the stairs and heard pans clanking in the kitchen. I smelled food being cooked and plates getting prepared. I got to the kitchen and opened the door, getting ready to hear my mother’s lecture.

“Mom, I can expl-" I started explaining quickly, probably sounding like I was blubbering nonsense.

I stopped myself in mid-sentence, when I saw Harry and my mom cooking together. Harry was in the middle of pouring the pancake batter on the hot pan, while my mom was making freshly squeezed orange juice. They were talking and laughing like old friends. I felt like my feet were super glued to the kitchen floor and like my mouth was numb. Um…what?

Harry smiled at me and put down his giant bowl. He kissed my cheek and greeted me good morning.

My mom smiled and said, “Good morning, love.”

I softly smiled back at my mom and then felt confusion hitting me. I don’t know what was more shocking, Harry and my mother getting along or Harry kissing my cheek again. They all had smiles on their faces and lead me back to the dining room. Harry sat me down on one of the chairs and told me to stay put. He went back in the kitchen and brought back a huge plate filled with bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

“Eat up, love!” He cheerfully said while sitting right in front of me.

He started eating his own breakfast and I was left confused and speechless.

“Um…care to tell me what’s going on?” I asked while picking at my food.

He chuckled, “I will once you taste my brilliant pancakes. Now eat up!”

I rolled my eyes and stuffed my face with the delicious food. He laughed and was smiling like a little boy at a candy shop.

“Okay, now explain.” I said while trying to chew my food quickly and swallow. 

He smirked and shrugged, while eating another piece of bacon.

“Either I’m going crazy or you’re trying to get together with my own mother.” I tease while pouring more syrup on my pancakes.

He gasps and his eyes widen. He shook his head which caused his curls to bounce all over the place.He took a sip from his orange juice and smiled at me. He twiddled his thumbs and happily sighed.

“Your mum is okay with us now. She understands that her choice was unfair and wanted to give us a chance.”

This can’t be happening. All those tears and worrying for the past day and a half was for nothing. I grinned and almost jumped out of my seat, which almost caused my drink and food to spill.