Chapter 19: Textbook Please.

// Lindy’s POV //

I felt everyone’s stares behind my back the whole time I walked through the doors to enter the academy again. I silently groaned and just wanted them to leave me alone, nothing’s really changed. Except that I’m now an ‘item’ with Harry now. But, I really don’t know what we are. We’re together I guess, after that kiss we had. But, we’ve never really talked about it. I just wanted people to leave me be. I heard girls whispering and I just wanted to yell, “I CAN HEAR YOU!” But, I learned to keep my sanity and stay calm. I took out my books in an annoyed way when I saw Lizzie walk over to me, smiling. I dropped my books in my bag quickly and gave her a giant hug.

“I haven’t seen you in weeks! I’ve missed you so much!” I screamed during our hug.

She laughed and didn’t say anything after that. I cocked my head to the side and stepped back a bit.

“So, how was your Christmas vacation?” I asked while slinging my bag behind me.

She shrugged and looked behind my shoulder, “The usual. Visiting family members across the country. You know my usual vacations.”

She awkwardly stood there, holding her hands like she was waiting for something to happen.

“Anyways, you and Harry now?” She asked while crossing her arms.

I shrugged it off and closed my locker door.

“Yeah, it’s complicated. We haven’t officially said we were dating or anything, because I actually don’t know what we are.” I nervously said, hoping she wouldn’t be judgmental over my situation.

She stayed silent and had a cold look in her eyes. What was wrong with her? She’d usually just engulf me in a long conversation about something exciting until the bell rang for class to start. I opened my mouth and said, “Are you okay? You’re not you-“. Suddenly, we were surrounded by dozens of schoolgirls fan-girling over something.

“Oh my god! You’re Lindy Santiago, Harry Styles’ girlfriend!” One blonde girl screamed in my ear.

I winced and nervously smiled. I guess I’m fan-girl worthy now. I turned around to look for Lizzie, but couldn’t find here around all the squealing girls. One red headed girl tugged my arm to get my attention, and almost removed my arm from its socket. Then one girl stepped my shoes repeatedly because of all the shoving girls behind her. They all backed me up to my locker and I felt like I was being suffocated to death. I am claustrophobic, if you put me in a very small spot, I will crawl into a ball until I can breathe normally. I clenched my fists and could barely hear my own thoughts. All I could hear around me was girls screaming for answers.

“IS HARRY A GOOD KISSER?!”

“DID YOU TWO GO ALL THE WAY ALREADY?!”

“HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DATING?!”

“HARRY’S MINE!!!”

“LINDY! CAN I HAVE A PICTURE WITH YOU?!”

“CAN I MEET THE BOYS?! I'M IN YOUR HISTORY CLASS!”

I felt someone’s lock on their locker dig into my back as the girls kept bursting into my personal space. I closed my eyes and put my hands over my ears. As soon as I did that, all the girls slowly stopped talking rapidly. I opened my eyes a bit and saw the girls moving away. I started breathing normally and saw a tall, dark figure walking over to me. I opened my eyes fully to see Zayn walking smoothly over to me. He smiled at me and put his arm on my shoulder.

“You alright, Lindy?” He asked softly, noticing me shivering.

I nodded quickly and gulped. Man, that whole situation was scary. He chuckled and faced the girls staring at us with wide eyes now. He smiled at them and asked them to give me some space. They all did as he said as if he was their master or something. Well, no surprise there. He is 1/5 of the famous sex gods from One Direction. People worship him at his feet. As the girls started leaving and giving me space, they still looked back giving me one last dirty look or glance. Today should be interesting. Once all the girls left the hallway, I tried searching for Lizzie around me, but failed. I sighed and dropped my arms to my side. The girls must’ve freaked her out or something, I just hope she was okay.