Chapter 14: I Blame Styles.

// Harry’s POV //

I waited patiently at the front gate for Lindy as she slipped on her shoes. I held it open for her as I waited. She finally caught up to me and locked the door. While she was locking everything up and getting her things prepared, I walked over to my car and put my (now dry) clothes in the trunk. She came to the passenger door and waited for me to unlock it. I closed the trunk, grabbed my dark forest green beanie, walked over to her, and put my keys in my pocket.

I looked at her confused and asked, “Why are you waiting by the car? We’re walking to the park.”

I walked up to her and put on my beanie. She pouted and sighed, “I’m feeling awfully lazy today! Plus it’s a mile and a half away to the park from here”

I rolled my eyes at how lazy and stubborn she was being on this beautiful day. I pouted just like her and tried imitating her voice.

“Then we’ll get some exercise! Come on Linds!” I smirked and started walking to towards the park.

I glanced back to see if she was following behind. She looked at the car sadly and ran up to me.

“Fine. We’ll walk, but if I get really lazy, you’re carrying me. Also never call me Linds ever again. It sounds so wrong and it makes me sound like a blond washed up wannabe.” She said with a disgusted tone.

I laughed at the distasteful face she made when she said that.

I grinned and held up my pinky, “I pinky promise.”

She looked up and smiled. We wrapped our pinkies together and continued our way towards the park. When we finally reached the park, we walked over to the duck pond and fed the ducks. I had a ton of bread to give them, so they chased me around the entire park for food. Lindy laughed hysterically at me when that happened. Even though I was being mobbed by ducks, I would do anything just to get a smile out of her. After the ducks cleaned all the bread out of me, I ran quickly to the playground and jumped on the swings. I called Lindy over and asked her to push me. She rolled her eyes, but pushed me.

Finally I was swinging really high, when I heard her say, “Y’know, it’s supposed to be the girl being pushed. Not the other way around.”

I looked at her and stuck my tongue out at her. She scoffed and then stopped pushing me. She got on the swing next to me and was swinging slowly. I stopped swinging so high and slowed down. We sat in comforting silence and noticed little snowflakes starting to fall all around us.

“It’s almost Christmas. Just one more week.” Lindy said breathlessly.

I looked at her and saw her breath turn white in the cold. I nodded and gripped tighter on the swing.

“Your mum’s really nice.” I told her to break the silence.

She smiled as the wind blew her hair back.

“She is. She’s one of the strongest people I’ve ever met in my life.”

She was looking at the clouds thoughtfully as I stared at her beauty.

“Enough of about my mom, Harry. How about yours?” She said with a slight smile on her face.

Oh yeah, we barely talk about my mum. I told her about my mum, stepdad, and my older sister, Gemma.

“My real dad abandoned us when I was 7 years old. I didn’t understand what was happening, but I knew it wasn’t good. So, kind of just cried a lot, hoping the divorce would get cancelled.” I explained when she asked about my real dad.

She looked at me with pity eyes and her hand went on my mine, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked,”

I shook my head and smiled, “It’s alright, I’m done with him. I’m happy without him.”