Chapter 2: Thanks?

// Lindy's POV // 

And that is how I got into detention with Harry Styles. I had nothing to do, but look out the window and watch the clouds cover up the sun. I groaned silently and slumped into my seat. I still had 50 minutes until I'm out of here. The teacher that was supervising the detention was Mr. Hansen. He was the lower kids history teacher, also known as the most gullible teacher in this academy. He finished his sandwich and was grading the rest of the tests. I glanced at someone's paper and it was labeled 'Sarah'. She got a 69/100 on her test.

I turned back around to see what the idiot behind me was doing to pass the time. He was secretly listening to music and texting in his sweater pocket. Wow. What a rebel.

I opened my bag and thought that if he was able to listen to music and not get caught, then so can I. I put my bag on my lap and unlocked my phone screen. I had 5 texts from my mom asking where I was. I completely forgot to tell her I was coming home late because of detention. I opened her messages and all the texts were the same. 

Where are you?! It is almost 4:30 and you are not home yet! - Mom xxx

I'm very worried. You haven't called! - Mom xxx

Text me! - Mom xxx

Call me! Where are you?! - Mom xxx

I'm going to call your school in the next 20 minutes if you don't answer me. - Mom xxx

I closed my eyes in frustration and replied to her numerous angry and concerned texts. I could've sworn my own mother resembled a clingy girlfriend. 

Sorry mom! There was a meeting for seniors today about colleges. I'll be home soon. Love you. - Lindy x

I know I lied, but it was to save my butt from getting kicked all the way to Alaska. If she knew I got detention, it would be the death of me. I locked my phone and looked up at the clock. It was 4:27 pm. I had 33 minutes left. I can't last that long and neither can my mom. 

// Harry's POV //

I saw the girl in the desk in front of me go up to Mr. Hansen's desk. She was all hunched over like she got punched in the stomach. I put my phone in my pocket and watched what was happening. I took off my earphones and slipped them back into my backpack.

"Mr. Hansen, may I please leave early? I think I might have caught a stomach bug. Please. I feel like I'm going to cough up a lung." She said in-between her coughing and groaning.

I looked at her up and down. She was completely hunched over and she was slightly sweating. She was holding onto her stomach and her face had pain written all over it. She looked ill and I should probably keep my distance away from her. I would hate to catch whatever she had in her stomach. The teacher left the room to get the early release forms. Right when the door closed she stood up straight in a second and the pain plastered all over her face vanished. I raised my eyebrows at her curiously. She ran to her desk and packed all her things in her small brown bag. I walked towards her and I finally realized what game she was playing.

"You sneaky, sneaky little girl." I said, leaning on the desk next to her.

She scratched her head in confusion and attempted to play innocent with me.

"What are you talking about?"

I chuckled and poked her stomach. She swatted my hand away immediately. 

"You lied to the teacher to ditch detention. I didn't you had it in you." I shrugged.

"I wouldn't say I'm ditching. I'm more like leaving early without an excuse."