Chapter 36: One More Kiss.

• Dedicated to All My Fans ! :)

// Lindy’s POV //

Everyone’s eyes were on me, I didn’t know how to react to what I just heard. It couldn’t be true. It just couldn’t. I looked over at a confused Harry, as his eyes were darting back and forth between me and everyone else. His eyebrows were scrunched up together and I kept trying to tell myself it was all a lie.

All the lads were trying to knock Harry off his horrid joke, hoping he was just being stupid. But, they didn’t know he was telling the truth. He didn’t know who I was. I was just some face to him, nothing special. Louis was next to him, reminding him about who I was. Sadly, all Harry did was get even more confused. I don’t know what happened, but everything turned all loud and quick.

Harry’s heart rate was going quickly and beeping loudly for all of us to hear. I could’ve sworn it was my heart was thumping in my ears. Everything got all loud because everyone was trying to get him to remember me. He looked at me once for a good 5 seconds and then turned away looking hurt.

“I don’t know that girl! I’ve never seen her in my life! I don’t remember anything!” Harry yelled, causing an eerie silence to occur all around us.

All the tears that have been held in since the first day broke out.

“Lindy. . .” Eleanor said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I shook my head, walking out of the room quickly.

“It’s okay. I’m not worth remembering.” I murmured, slamming the hospital door behind me.

I walked down the lonely hallway, rubbing my eyes over and over again, attempting to stop the tears. I stopped walking and picked a random wall to sit at. I was a couple feet away from Harry’s hospital door, avoiding the horrible reality. I put my hand over my mouth, to cover my crying noises. Nurses passed by me, asking me if I was alright. I had to nod my head, acting like nothing was wrong. But, everything was falling apart. One of the most important people in my life doesn’t remember me. One of the few people that changed my life forgot all about me. It was like someone ripped out my heart, deciding to step on it continuously.

My mind was clouded with memories of me and Harry.

Our first date.

Our first kiss.

Our first anniversary.

Our first meeting.

How could he just forget me just like that? We’ve been through so much and now this happens. I love him. The first boy I’ve ever loved in my life. He knew how to make me feel better on bad days. He managed to make me laugh until my stomach ached. Why do these things happen to me? I’m just bad luck. This must be some kind of a sign. Maybe this was meant to be. This is a sign we’re not meant to be together. I need to realize that my fairytale has ended and it’s time to move on. I knew what to do and I need to do it right away to get the pain over with. I planned everything out and I needed to plan it well. I stood up, brushing the dirt off my jeans. I walked into the nearest bathroom, to clean myself up. I looked in the mirror, seeing bags under my eyes and deep red eyes. I grabbed a damp paper towel, dabbing my face with it. I sighed, leaning on the sink. I started wiping my face slowly and gently, trying to remove any dry tear stains down my cheek.

Harry’s words were still stuck in my head, being replayed over and over again.

“. . . then who is she?”

I squeezed the paper towel, shutting my eyes tightly. I fumbled with the wrinkled paper towel in my clammy hands. My world as I knew it had been shattered, and all I could do is sit and stare at my terrible state. I was numb, nothing more. Like all life inside of me was sucked out. I was just numb, neither sad nor angry. I felt nothing.