Chapter 24: He Lied.

// Harry’s POV //

I glanced to my left quickly and smiled to myself. I’m never getting used to the fact that Lindy and I are actually together and it’s already been 2 months of us dating. During a red light, I placed my hand over hers and rubbed it softly. You know that feeling when you just want to cheer so loud because of how happy you are? Or how you can’t help, but brag to a bunch of your friends your life is just great at the moment? I’ve been feeling these ways ever since I met Lindy. I’m not used to finally settling down with someone. I’ve always wanted to before, but didn’t ever think that it would happen this year. Right now, I would've been positive that I would've still been shagging girls left and right. Lindy was a pleasant surprise in my life. She felt like the missing piece in my life. It’s like there was something I needed terribly, and she filled up the void. Being in love is a magical feeling, and I’m happy I feel this way towards an incredible person in my life.

I parked the car in the restaurant’s parking lot and hopped off my seat quickly. I raced to the other side of the car before she could open up her door. I grabbed the car door and opened it for her. I bowed at her as she politely curtsied. I chuckled, sticking my elbow out for her connect our arms together. We were meeting up with the rest of the lads and girls, for a lunch date. We all just wanted to catch up on things, even though we saw each other two days ago. I led Lindy into the restaurant, my hand placed on her lower back guiding her to the reservation podium. We stood in front of it, when a middle aged man came to help us out.

“Reservation name, Sir?” He asked, without bothering to look up from his computer screen.

I rubbed the back of my neck, unsurely. I glanced at Lindy to help me out as she giggled.

She took out her phone, scrolling for a few seconds before responding, “Payne and Peazer.”

The waiter nodded, clicking twice once more before leading us to our table. He grabbed two menus from behind me while walking quickly to our table of 9. He led us all the way to a secluded area of the restaurant. We passed a red curtain and saw our round table seated with our best mates. Once we entered the area, Niall waved excitedly to us. The waiter gave us our menus as we sat in the two empty seats between Zayn and Liam. Before the waiter left, he gave us slight glares. Once he left ear-shot, we started laughing how the waiter despises our quite loud group. We finally figured out what we wanted to order and then just waited for the hateful waiter once more. The girls were chatting on about some makeup guru they saw on the internet. Lou was explaining to Liam, what DTF meant, and was failing. Zayn was yawning and telling me about this new invention he was thinking of. While lastly, Niall was groaning and getting impatient for the waiter to come bring our food.

Eventually the annoyed waiter came back and took all our orders. We started getting bored waiting for the food, so we all started blowing our straw wrappers at each other. I hit Lou in the eye, Danielle in the forehead, Lindy in the neck, and Zayn in the ear. I have quite a good aim, if I do say so myself. The waiter came back with two more waiters, rolling in our appetizers. However, when they were still rolling in our meals, Niall was still blowing his straw wrappers at people, but accidently hit the waitress behind Lindy, right in the eye. The waiter glared at Niall, as he slumped low in his seat, hoping to disappear. They placed the tray and removed the top, revealing the most mouth-watering garlic bread ever. We all dove in soothing our now starving stomachs. I bit into it and sighed, as everyone did too. We estimated that we would have to wait for our food for 20 minutes. We all groaned and just wanted to feed our stomachs.

Lindy turned to me and started playfully pushing me off my chair, so she can go through to the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and made some room for her to leave. She bent down and whispered in my ear, “I’ll be right back. Don’t do anything stupid, Harold.” I chuckled, playfully tapping her bum as she started walking to the bathroom with the girls. She turned around, giving me a look. I winked and grinned. She rolled her eyes as she turned the corner for the restrooms.