Chapter 18: Oatmeal & Going Public.

// Lindy’s POV //

“What happened between you and Harry last night?!”

I looked up from my freshly made oatmeal in front of me and raised my eyebrows at the girls. They crowded around me; following behind them was Liam and Louis. They had smirks on their faces while entering the kitchen. Can I just eat my oatmeal? I put down my spoon that was inches from my mouth and placed it in my bowl again. I crossed my arms and glared at the two girls. They were glaring back; meanwhile Liam and Louis were confused between all the glaring.

“Lindy! You’ve got some explaining to do, missy! You and Harry have been acting all smiley all morning. What happened while we were gone last night?” Danielle pleaded to me.

I felt my cheeks turn crimson as I had the image of last night pop back into my head.

“Lindy….” Eleanor started and then looked at Louis for help.

He sighed and turned to Liam. He just shrugged and walked over to get cereal from the cupboard. I took the chance and grabbed my spoon quickly to eat my delicious cereal. Well, I would assume it was delicious, if I just had one taste. But, obviously, I can’t do that without having people interrupting me. I grabbed a huge spoonful of oatmeal and almost shoved it into my mouth, until Danielle grabbed me by the wrist.

“NOOOOO.” I yelled as I dropped my spoon and oatmeal on the table.

I grumbled to myself as she placed me on the couch right next to Harry. I smiled at him and he smiled back, as I realized he started scooting closer to me.

“AH-HA!”

I looked up from Harry’s face to see Eleanor making a face.

“So, something did happen between you two last night!” She started stating.

“Care to explain, guys?” she finished, while eyeing the both of us.

I glanced over at Harry, as he was biting his lip guiltily.

I sighed and said, “We kind of sort of maybe had lip to lip contact?”

I could’ve sworn the whole house exploded. The girls were cheering and jumping up and down; the lads were whistling and clapping like seals. Leaving me and Harry, confused and looking foolish while they cheered.

Louis jumped onto the couch in the middle between us and yelled at the top of his lungs, “FINALLY.”

I wonder how Eleanor can handle him. I looked over at Harry and he just looked at me sympathetically. He mouthed out the words, “I apologize for them.” I shook my head and laughed. Niall came into the room from the kitchen and my eyeballs almost popped out of my sockets.

THAT DOOFUS WAS EATING MY OATMEAL.

//  Harry’s POV //

After saving Niall from Lindy’s wrath, we all decided to sit in the middle of the living room to open up our presents. I gave everyone their present, except for Lindy’s. Her present took the most effort and time to get. I did almost everything for her present all last night. When it was Lindy’s turn to share her presents to everyone, she gave me my present first. It was in a small black box, tied with a white ribbon around it. I looked at her suspiciously and opened it up slowly. The girls crept over my shoulders to look at my present and so did the lads. I just grinned like an idiot and felt my cheeks aching. It was a perfect gift. It was so simple, yet effective. It was the most perfect necklace ever. It was a paper airplane, but the view from the top looked like a heart. I just looked back at Lindy and she just smiled.